Author Topic: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)  (Read 6195 times)

cowboy1

• 'G'
Re: Official Ice Cube "I Rep That West" Thread (Audio)
« Reply #225 on: May 10, 2010, 06:08:07 PM »
cant lie i agree with alot of the points Jaydc is making. love the joint love cube but this forum honestly is somewhat of a joke with so many posters stuck in the past rarely making sense hating on anything new or popular. but its either this or no west coast news at all which is why im here
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:51:37 PM by cowboy1 »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: May 10, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
lol,average at best. be real with yourselves

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #227 on: May 10, 2010, 11:42:22 PM »
Fuck no I wouldnt.This beat is generic,the hook is cheesey and the verses are predictable.Theirs nothing dope about this song.

hahah. You go from saying its "pretty good" to saying its mediocre. Fuck outta here. I know a hater when I see one. Just like an Ice Cube stan would call this a classic, you can't even admit when Ice Cube makes a good song.

Youve never changed your opinion of a song before?I listened to it twice,thought it was decent.Then I went back again to see what the big deal of the song was and the more I listened to it the more mediocre it became.Call me a hater however much you like,your the one acting stuck in the past.Cube could drop anything and youd probably call it dope just because its cube.Im not saying its wack or intolerable,thats what a hater would do.Im just criticzing a song that isnt very good.If you cant take it go cry in front of the cube posters on your wall.Maybe elano will hold your hand and you two can reminicse about the goold days of the west

Hahah, sounds to me like you listened to it, thought it was dope, then got mad at the attention it was getting and tried to find some way to criticize it. I'll definitely call Cube out when he makes a weak song. Got My Locs on was wack. So was Jack in the Box. But I'll also give him props when he makes a dope song. I don't think you would give him props no matter what song he makes. What kind of song would you rather have him make? Imo rapping over a west coast beat like this is the best kind of song he could have made, unless he goes back to sampling old soul records like he did on Stand Tall.

Jaydc

« Reply #228 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:20 PM »
Really,so is that why in my first post I wrote the hook was annoying and their was nothing good about cubes verses? ::) Your reaching

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »
*Updated* with Video and Mo'Nique Performance

Also, the "No Country For Young Men" track was co-produced by Milli Martian and Cube's son Doughboy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:26:59 AM by Laconic »

simon

• 'G'
  • westcoast killuminati
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:14 AM »
i love this fuckin song, havent been excited about a cube album since "laugh now cry later"  8)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:57 AM »
Added Cube's performance from the Lopez Tonight Show in first post  8)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #232 on: June 12, 2010, 02:32:43 AM »
great performence indeed!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #233 on: June 12, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
ay this song is cool no doubt....hope the album sounds as good
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Westdog

« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2010, 06:32:55 AM »
1 month - album and only one single?c'mon Cube. We need another song
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:37 AM »

maybe hes plannin a big bang with the whole dope album instead of showin whole album in singles

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »

maybe hes plannin a big bang with the whole dope album instead of showin whole album in singles

Drink The Kool-Aid is supposed to drop in the near future.

It's funny because before Raw Footage dropped in 2008, there were videos for GRMMDI (January) and Do Ya Thang (June).  Not to mention It Takes a Nation leaked almost 4 months before the album officially dropped in stores.  Get Use To It also leaked prior to 8/19.  Seems like this record is under lock and key a bit more.

Shit...I Rep That West isn't even available on ITunes yet  ???

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

Drink The Kool-Aid is supposed to drop in the near future.

It's funny because before Raw Footage dropped in 2008, there were videos for GRMMDI (January) and Do Ya Thang (June).  Not to mention It Takes a Nation leaked almost 4 months before the album officially dropped in stores.  Get Use To It also leaked prior to 8/19.  Seems like this record is under lock and key a bit more.

Shit...I Rep That West isn't even available on ITunes yet  ???
if that was eg. Game's instead of Cube's album i'd think it will definetly be moved back, but im very sure Cube will actually drop that record on july 13th!