Author Topic: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle  (Read 1764 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Crooked I - Under Pressure Freestyle
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2010, 11:53:15 PM »
Let's take this line by line, this is getting absurd lol.

"Out In Cali Nyggahs Blaze An Stress" - Rappers out in California, smoke weed & stress because they can't sell shit. We still on the same page?

"Waitin' On DeTox 2 Save Tha West" - These rappers reffered to in the line before/above think that if Detox comes that they will magically help them along with there career; but no, they got something else coming. Let's continue.

"Even If Tha Shit Is Dope" - Even if Detox is dope...

"It Ain't Givin U Nyggahs Hope" - These "niggas" here aren't getting shit from Detox, it doesn't affect their career because they aren't on it or aren't working on it.

"Unless Your Signatures Wrote On Tha Check From Interscope... NOPE" - On the flip side, if you are in fact working on Detox & getting paid to contribute to the album (paid for by Interscope Records), that would help your situation/career.

Summing it up; artists on the West Coast are caught up thinking Dre will come & people will say "The West is alive! Detox dropped! People will listen to my shit because we're back, baby!". When in reality, it's not their album, how the fuck does it help them? How will the releasing of Detox help Jay Rock or Ya Boy if they aren't to be found on his album?

Now at the start of this Freestyle Crooked I says "I want to hear this shit in the club for the next six months" out of being a fan of Dre.

You can say Crooked I is "stanning" Dre & supporting inferior work of his just because it's Dre; I mean, he made it seem like "Oh man, Dre is back & he dropped a classic" & that surely wasn't the case.

But his lines in "Move On" & him supporting this song are two completely different things.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:58:06 PM by Chamillitary Click »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »
8)

crooked when he heard the track leaked : runs to the studio like crazy screaming "FIRRRRRRRRST"

Looooooool.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2010, 12:12:49 AM »
When Fans Picture My Interviews
They Think I'm In A Swimmin' Pool
With Women Who've Been Abused
So They Turn Into Strippers
Makin They Livin' In The Nude
One In The Middle Blowin' My Inner Tube
While The Interviewers Gettin Ridiculed
Is This Your Vision Cool
Let Me Give U A Little Jewel

This is about ppl thinking Crook is dead-ass rich living care-free doing whatever he wants.  Also could refer to ppl stereotyping him from Death Row days.

Any Dude Who Wanna Sit N My Tennis Shoes Is Missin Screwz
Don't Get It Misconstrued
Don't Get Tha Shit Confused
I'm 2 Seconds From Prison Food I'm a Different Dude
Pistol In My Reach Man
Still In Long Beach Man
Hoping If My Grind Don't Help Me Get Out My Speech Can
I Been In The Streets Longer Than Yao Mings Wingspan
U Can Be MTV I'll Be CSpan
I Deal With Politics Bandanas And Hollow Tips
Half U Rappers Follow This
Role Models Can Swallow Dick
Was Stressed Out Over Cashflow

This is about him being worse off than ppl think, and that he basically has 2 options for income, hit the block or make it in rap.

HipHop Used 2 Console My Soul
Now It's A Bunch Of Assholes
Rap About And Dance While I'm Targeting Cops
Spit Sum Shit 4 Oscar Grant Hit Tha Seargent With Shots
Make Him A Ghost Like He Part Of Tha LOX
I Won't Stop Recordin' Till I'm Makin Songs Harder Than Pac's
If It Don't Happen At Least A Nyggah Know He Right There
Every Memory Under My Dodger Hats A Nightmare
As A Kid I Had 2 Steal Breakfast

This is him wanting rap to be about real shit, and how he is working hard to be that kind of artist

An Now Tha Best Question U Have 2 Ask Me
Is This A Real Necklace
Wheres Ya Beat From Dre Ya Feature From Cube
These Things Leave People Confused
Cause They Know I Leave Speakers Abused I Eat Tha EQ's
I Eat Thru Tha Beat What's Tha Secret I Think It's Tha Shoes

This is about ppl interviewing him and focusing on his contacts and affiliations, more than the actual music he makes.

Out In Cali Nyggahs Blaze An Stress
Waitin' On DeTox 2 Save Tha West
Even If Tha Shit Is Dope
It Ain't Givin U Nyggahs Hope
Unless Your Signatures Wrote On Tha Check From Interscope... NOPE

MOVE ON

This is Crook stating that Detox coming out isn't gonna help anyone's career, but the ppl were involved in it directly, and will appear in the CD credits.  He is telling these other artists to do their own thing and stop clinging to someone else and their project to get buzz.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »
On a side note, I would be pissed at Crook if I were Dre.. I've already listened to this version 5 times, and the OG only 2 times..   

Crook has stolen Dre's spins from me..  :laugh:

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2010, 05:00:51 AM »
On a side note, I would be pissed at Crook if I were Dre.. I've already listened to this version 5 times, and the OG only 2 times..   

Crook has stolen Dre's spins from me..  :laugh:

+1 truth

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2010, 05:02:45 AM »
crooked made this beat approximately ok. dre u suck balls fo real.

Killa Wu

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2010, 06:12:32 AM »
dope

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »
damn somebody from aftermath needs to reed these comments in here to get crooked over detox...

OG Hack Wilson

Re: No wonder Dre said "Under Pressure" was unfinished...
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Crooked I murdered both Dre and Jay on the track with his version. Showed him how to rock the beat.

he does this for every rapper during the HHW series haha
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

V2DHeart

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2010, 04:05:37 AM »
It was polished. From the delivery right down the production. Some of his more recent work sounds like it's been produced by some bedroom producer on his mothers PC using some fruityloops software. Musically it can't compete

lol @ young boss vol 2 shytting on anything he ever recorded on Death Row. Jack 101, the OG house party & Raw Dawgz shyt on that entire mixtape alone. Boom Boom Clap was on that young boss mixtape if memory serves me right, as well as that all I ever wanted track and those tracks don't display Crooks natural ability of a raw and hungry MC, or his lyrical talent. They're basic commercial attempts with simple structure like a lot on that mixtape with production that don't belong to the likes of Crooked I. Obviously there are those that will fall into the minority who prefer his recent work over the Death Row material, but his Dogg Pound/Death Row collection, early DR right to the point of the SHTTBG session tracks are most desired by the fans - even on "this" forum. They spark the most interest, and discussion. Slap Back - a Death Row era track leaks, and it sparks up the entire rap forum network, and a lot of discussions on rap sites and message boards over the net. A Boss leak is put online, and it gets about 18 maximum responses and is forgotten about within days. SHTTBG EP gathered more interest and discussion over Pig Face Weapon Waist EP as well. It's just one of those things

Slap back got attention because it was a snoop diss no other reason.I think your one of 3 people that actually think his music was better back then,it clearly isnt.The deathrow era was easily his worst era of music.The only people that prefer that era are people that arent really crooked i fans but rather those group of europeans obsessed with anything deathrow.His music was far from polished on deathrow.It sounded amatuer and boring.Ask the artist himself and he will tell you the same.people care about the deathrow name and the music regardless of wether or not its better.2pacs best music wasnt made on deathrow,but dont tell a deathrow fan that.

& About SHTTBG EP gaining more interest than Pig Face Weapon Waist EP? That doesn't just come from the minortiy of 3/4 fans. It clearly comes from a larger majority. Crooked was more interesting on Death Row, more original, and more anticipated with his music/projects. You can blame the present day industry, or whatever else, but it is what it is. There's no way I'd ever in my life ask an artist what music was "better", because in their eyes - it'll always be what they're doing at that moment in time. Snoop will say Malice in Wonderland is some of the best things he's ever done prior to it's release. It doesn't always produce a well rounded answer. Fans and critics know better in that field! The artists will always have a diluted view of reality and most already know that a lot don't have good memorys of Tha Row

You never rated Don Killuminati 7 Day Theory as 2Pac's best work? I did, I liked pre-DR material very much, and agree with some of the DR comments about it's fans liking anything DR related but it wasn't an opinion based on that. I just liked the darker concept and religious-like theme of the entire album
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2010, 05:07:56 AM »
Have this on repeat for some time now, damn Crooked really took this on another level.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »
^^ agree. I think I am coming back to this again lol.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:52 AM »
Crooked Crashed The Beat Totally.. Fuck A Detox Album.. Supply Crooked Detox Beats & Let Dude Ride..

dnjp4life

« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:26 AM »
Crooked Crashed The Beat Totally.. Fuck A Detox Album.. Supply Crooked Detox Beats & Let Dude Ride..

Real talk but I still want to hear Detox!