Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 4336 times)

B.A.

Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Those 2 tracks are only on I-Tunes

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.

Billooh

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
  • O.G. Billooh
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
This album in total was poor.....

I know that Cube wants to make some banging tracks.... but the productions SUCK'd on the album, besides SIR JINX's "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA", and a few others (the hallway was ok, so was the nothing in L.A.)

Basically, i think cube should hook up together AGAIN with the ORIGINAL LENCH MOB, from the 90's (Sir Jinx, Chilly Chill, J-dee, Yo-Yo, K-Dee, Del etc etc.....) IMO. he should get some more productions from his former group producers Sir Jinx & Chilly Chill... their productions are banging.... just look at Life in California....... Am i right????????

WHAT YOU THINK ????

I remeber one interview CUBE did, he said most the Lench Mob is done they ain't got it no more and that was years ago.  I am not sure how many would work with him again.  Obviously Jinx.  The best beat IMO, as well as lyrics/flow/content is No Country For Young Men. Too West had a similar beat to g Shit from Dub C.  I'm not hatin on Cube but I was expecting a bangin album since it was called "I am the West" and its CUBE.  Imma give Raw Fotage a listen again cuz I didn't feel it when it came out.  Never Know  8)

Yeah i know, they had some problems i think... i read on a lot of interviews that cube never paid them for their work, and therefor they didn't want to work with him or something........ but then another interview i heard that cube said he was cool with everyone of them again now..

And about the album and cube.... Cube is a legend in this hip/Hop & Rap, and when he turns out with an album called "I AM THE WEST" i defently expected more tracks just like the "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA"... the "NOTHING LIKE L.A." ..........   I don't know why Cube wouldn't like to hook up with Scott Storch or some other big producers again........ "Why We Thugs" were off the hook??!!!
But i know all of you expected a lot more when you hear the Title of the Album and when you hear that it's Cube making it.

BUT now let's be positive, I AM THE WEST has some good tracks: Life in California, Nothing like LA, I Rep That West, Hood Robbin.

i aint hating on cube, im a fan, i like his work, i just expected more west coast album!
You Wanna Know How The West Was Won?

Si-Chiggedy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Si-Chill On Tha Beat!
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:47 AM »
Scrap "Soul On Ice", change the chorus on "Urbanian" (Google me bitch wtf?!), Cut the annoying sample on "No Country for Young Men", new chorus for "Life In California" a different flow in Cube's verse, exchange "All Day Every Day" and "It Is What It Is" with "Pros vs. Joes" and "Man vs. Machine", change the order of the tracks and you got a pretty cool album. But in this way it's just average WITH the bonus tracks.

"Y'all Know Who I Am" grew a bit on me though...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

BuddyRoe

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
I just downlaoded this album. I am going to have to check this out. I don't believe he dropped an album, without major demand for it. Hope he didnt got wood like DORROUGH did the first week with 5k being sold the 1st week!

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
I just downlaoded this album. I am going to have to check this out. I don't believe he dropped an album, without major demand for it. Hope he didnt got wood like DORROUGH did the first week with 5k being sold the 1st week!
my advice to u is to delete it now and format ur harddrive

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
I can't imagine this album doing very well. It isn't being received well and it doesn't have a big single for it like Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.
lol what a great marketing strategy

D-Nice

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
I can't imagine this album doing very well. It isn't being received well and it doesn't have a big single for it like Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.

hitsdailydouble predicts it will be around 24-27k sold 1st week. I know Cube said something on twitter that a large majority of Target stores did not even recieve copies of the album.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
I got the album & played it for one day & never put it back on. I don't know what happened.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
I must be krazy but I liked the album. It is what it is!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »

I like it as well although I could do without 4 tracks and then add the bonus cuts in their place.

D-Nice

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

I like it as well although I could do without 4 tracks and then add the bonus cuts in their place.

It's starting to grow on me a little bit. Definitely a bass chaser in a proper system, southern beats or not LMAO

Si-Chiggedy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Si-Chill On Tha Beat!
« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »

It's starting to grow on me a little bit. Definitely a bass chaser in a proper system, southern beats or not LMAO

Well, without this significantl title it wouldn't be a big deal anyway.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Stashh

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
cube fell off so much hes career finished

Blasphemy

« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

Wow, Ice Cube went out like a bitch niggaz imo. Yeah that's a perfect business movie also, I'm not gonna lie, is it fair? hell no.  lol oh well I got the 2 tracks, and I getting my copy 2morrow

doggfather

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
After 4 vid of this record (i rep that west, drink the kool-aid she couldn't ya all know) and we waitin for too west coast I think from this record there will be an og version, like LNCL.
I'm gonna waitin with the buyin.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

http://dogg-n-roll.blog.hu/

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:22 AM »

This is nothing new. This has been practically the case with every album released in the last couple of years. His last two albums had iTunes bonus tracks as well. Apparently no one except me buys physical copies anymore. You would think there would be some kind of reward for actually going to the record store and picking up the album, instead of missing out on songs.

westside159

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
this album isnt very good . cube dissapointed me  maybe next go .

Hood robbin is playable tho

D-Nice

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2010, 08:09:26 AM »

This is nothing new. This has been practically the case with every album released in the last couple of years. His last two albums had iTunes bonus tracks as well. Apparently no one except me buys physical copies anymore. You would think there would be some kind of reward for actually going to the record store and picking up the album, instead of missing out on songs.

His last 2 albums the bonus tracks were through Best Buy and Target. LNCL had 4, 2 only Best Buy sold and the other 2 Target sold. Raw Footage had 3 and those were available at Best Buy. This is the first album I can remember from him that his bonus tracks were exclusively on ITunes. Sign of the times I guess.

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »

His last 2 albums the bonus tracks were through Best Buy and Target. LNCL had 4, 2 only Best Buy sold and the other 2 Target sold. Raw Footage had 3 and those were available at Best Buy. This is the first album I can remember from him that his bonus tracks were exclusively on ITunes. Sign of the times I guess.

According to wikipedia, both LNCL and Raw Footage had itunes bonus tracks. Not that I would actually go to any of these stores to verify this.

D-Nice

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »

According to wikipedia, both LNCL and Raw Footage had itunes bonus tracks. Not that I would actually go to any of these stores to verify this.

LNCL had Pockets Stay Fat. Raw Footage had Believe It Or Not. My bad, but yeah normally he would offer bonus tracks with a hard copy purchase from one of those 2 outlets.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

well normally you can buy the bonus tracks separately, but according to Laconic you have to buy the whole album first, so that's new to me

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »

well normally you can buy the bonus tracks separately, but according to Laconic you have to buy the whole album first, so that's new to me

umm nope that's always been the case. For both LNCL and Raw Footage the bonus tracks only come along with the album. That's why its called a "bonus" track. Its a bonus in addition to buying the album.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:35:48 AM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

Blasphemy

« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
^Literally the first time I heard about something like that. I have bought Physical copies of LNCL and Raw Footage. (LNCL original not the reissues).

Isn't the entire point of Digital stores to get the tracks u want. That defeats part of the purpose imo.