Author Topic: Doggystyle with G'z up Hoes down & Next Episode  (Read 2256 times)

Mista Rosa

Doggystyle with G'z up Hoes down & Next Episode
« on: January 01, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »
What would be its fair price? How rare is it?
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

OG Hack Wilson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Doggystyle with G'z up Hoes down & Next Episode
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »
one with next episode doesn't exist   although there are some that SAY they have next episode on it
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mista Rosa

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
I heard some people saying it doesn't exist, some saying it exists... Well i'll see in one week, imma see someone (very reliable) that claims he has it.

OG Hack Wilson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
id love for it to exist
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »
isnt there a very bad quality snippet of the og next episode??

DJSpin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
doesnt exist..og first pressing lists it on the back tracklist..but it is not on the cd

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »
isnt there a very bad quality snippet of the og next episode??

very poor quality

Stan

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »

Seen it and listened to it about 16 years ago... can't remember Next Episode but this exists...  see you tube above me.  You can buy Gz up Hoez Down on Itunes.. might save you a few bucks

OG Hack Wilson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »

Seen it and listened to it about 16 years ago... can't remember Next Episode but this exists...  see you tube above me.  You can buy Gz up Hoez Down on Itunes.. might save you a few bucks
gz up hoes down is lso on 15 years on death row, t he greatest compilation evre

awol22222

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
 ???

Si-Chiggedy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Si-Chill On Tha Beat!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »
I got the originial first press release, there's no next episode on it and never will be.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Si-Chiggedy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Si-Chill On Tha Beat!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
???

photoshopped...

on the original copy it says "see cd label for sequence".

awol22222

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
???

photoshopped...

???
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:57:17 PM by horchatax3 »

OG Hack Wilson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
I'll believe it when I hear it in CDQ

although Crooked I's version over the same beat is enough to satisfy my curiostity

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
As everyone else has stated A version of Doggystyle with G'z Up Hoes Down & The Next Episode is just Urban Legend.

1. - As Si-Chiggedy pointed out the first pressing had "See LP Label For Song Sequencing".
2. - If an early Doggystyle version did exist...A CDQ version of The Next Episode OG definitely would have leaked by now.

Snoop Dogg - G'z Up Hoes Down   http://hulkshare.com/g56jh28e2dj4

Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre - The Next Episode OG (The best quality out, but not even close to CDQ)
http://hulkshare.com/p61722ct5dnf

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »

i bought doggystyle the first day it came out at the warehouse in north hollywood (which has long since closed obviously)...it has 'g'z up hoes down' on it but there is no next episode tho it is listed on the back cover. and considering doggystle went platinum the first day it came out i cant imagine the copy with 'gz up hoes down' can be that rare, i have it on cassette and cd. so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

OG Hack Wilson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »

i bought doggystyle the first day it came out at the warehouse in north hollywood (which has long since closed obviously)...it has 'g'z up hoes down' on it but there is no next episode tho it is listed on the back cover. and considering doggystle went platinum the first day it came out i cant imagine the copy with 'gz up hoes down' can be that rare, i have it on cassette and cd. so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.
yeah

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »

I actually own the vinyl copy of the first pressing and the back cover is identical to the one posted above with "see LP label for song sequence". It does not have The Next Episode or G'z Up Hoes Down. It's odd that G'z Up Hoes down is not on the vinyl but on the cassette & CD  ??? EDIT : It is on my copy  8)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:14:41 PM by MOON KNIGHT »

Stan

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:58 PM »
photoshopped...

Not photoshopped... I've seen the cd in a jukebox.  Is the song for real or a misprint?  Who knows.  Gz Up Hoez Down is for real.

Stan

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.

Yes... I and I think everyone else can't figure that out.  Maybe a misprint or cancellation b/cuz the sample didn't clear.  If I heard the YouTube snip correctly, it is the same sample on the Warren G Regulate album.

EDIT:  Song is "Runnin Wit No Breaks" by Warren G -- Regulate
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:46:57 PM by Stan »

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »
thanks for that mp3 i never heard the entire song b4. check this beat out...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeHKhsu0YmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XeHKhsu0YmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »
damn you cant embed here?? anyways its cormega rappin over the same sample. dope.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »
I heard some people saying it doesn't exist, some saying it exists... Well i'll see in one week, imma see someone (very reliable) that claims he has it.

i have been told, and i don't know if this is true, that 'Tha Next Episode' was on promo copies of the album given to the press and radio before the album's official release date.

So it's possible that none of these people in the media ever thought to leak it, and their promo copies of doggystyle just all ended up stashed away in basements, or they had to give to the label, whatever, and just no one thought to leak it....

maybe your friend has one of these promo copies. let us know how it goes.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 05:47:25 AM »

i have been told, and i don't know if this is true, that 'Tha Next Episode' was on promo copies of the album given to the press and radio before the album's official release date.

So it's possible that none of these people in the media ever thought to leak it, and their promo copies of doggystyle just all ended up stashed away in basements, or they had to give to the label, whatever, and just no one thought to leak it....

maybe your friend has one of these promo copies. let us know how it goes.

Yeah that's what i had in mind when i made the topic.

The guy is 45, he used to be around some djs, press people, during hip hop early days. So when he talked to me about it, i thought maybe it's some promo copy. The guy has kids, a wife, he doesn't listen to music anymore, i mean the guy has moved on so "leaking" that song would never come to his mind.

It's not because a song exists that it's gonna leak! Most of people that might have it are too old to care about stuff like that. It can also be lost, destroyed, like a lot of rappers demo tapes. You think rappers were like: "Alright i've finally had a deal, could make an official album, but let's keep that shitty demo tape in case some weirdos on the net wanna buy it 20 years later! Wait the net doesn't already exist!"

The guy was surprised that some people, especially the young ones, care about stuff like that! He was like "Man doggystyle was released and it was a dope album! And there are hundred of g-funk records, if you like it so much! Why focus on one song??!"

Anyway as i said i'll see when i meet him.

Si-Chiggedy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Si-Chill On Tha Beat!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »
so once again, next episode is listed on the back cover but not on the album.

Yes... I and I think everyone else can't figure that out.  Maybe a misprint or cancellation b/cuz the sample didn't clear.  If I heard the YouTube snip correctly, it is the same sample on the Warren G Regulate album.

EDIT:  Song is "Runnin Wit No Breaks" by Warren G -- Regulate

yep, sampled from Les McCann & Eddie Harris - Go On And Cry

classic track!