Author Topic: 50 Cents Own Headphones Comin Out (Pic)... Better Than Dr. Dres Beats ?  (Read 896 times)

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

50 Cent’s Sleek ($350...the first ever to utilize Wireless Hybrid technology)

“I know music and I’ve tried everything on the market as far as headphones go, but I wanted something different, something better that really pushed the envelope and gave all music fans a new way to listen to their favorite artists,” stated 50. “I was fortunate to find Sleek. The technology they employ and their knowledge of how we hear music truly blew me away. It was a perfect match. I didn’t want to create another pair of loud headphones. I wanted to create headphones that offer top-level performance, style, and new technology.”
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:38:31 AM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

V2DHeart

Re: 50 Cents Own Headphones Comin Out (Pic)... Better Than Dr. Dres Beats ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:08:33 AM »
FFS. I'm getting sick of sheep in Hip Hop. It's a main reason why it's not my favourite genre.

This will be as bad as music artists bringing out their own fragrances, just watch. Kanye West will be next, then Timbaland, then Wayne, then Pharrell, then P.Diddy, then the market will be filled with artists who have their own headphones... LL Cool J will do one better and come out with his own studio mic, then the rest will copy that too.

If I was buying headphones, I wouldn't purchase any artist/producer endorsed headphones... All it does is encourage other non-creative morons to flood the market with their versions too
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »
The thing is, even IF these are sonically superior to Beats, I can't imagine them being as successful. Beyond being a legend of Hip-Hop and production, Dre is widely regarded as both a perfectionist and a pioneer of his sound. As with Detox, people trust him not to deliver an inferior product. Furthermore, the respect he receives as a producer far transcends the Hip-Hop audience. This means that even if you're not a Hip-Hop head, you can trust the Beats brand implicitly because of Dre's legacy and esteemed reputation.

50 has a long history of branding and endorsement - some phenomenally successful (the Vitamin Water partnership), others that have since faltered (G-Unit clothing.) His branding history isn't as spotless as Dre's. His career as a recording artist also appears to have peaked some time ago. Consider his spotty endorsement deals in the past and his lacking musical reputation in comparison to Dre, and I would be very surprised if 50's line ended up becoming as successful as the Beats range.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 05:23:13 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:27:10 AM »
it isnt going to be succesfull for shit, when was the last time 50 had something be succesfull? theres a difference between actually being apart of the manufacture of the headphones i.e Dr Dre and cutting a check to use someones image to advertise your product, i.e 50 cent..

it seems 50 allways hops on the bandwagons,.. but for some reason allways WAY too late..

DETOX OVER B.O.S.S

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
nobody need this kinda trash.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:36 AM »
 ::)

I can't hate though, 50 is all about the money and if these wireless headphones were any good I'd cop 'em but not for anything higher than $150

StevenQBosell

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
@ $350 they better be reference quality - and I doubt that with the wireless tech in them...

Seriously, no more than $120 for non studio reference phones...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
They look pretty amazing. If the quality is as good as the Beats, I'd take the wireless without a thought.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »
Lmao this is horrible.  Clearly Maino wasnt talking abt 50 Cent, all of yall take a wet loogie L!

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
Remember when rappers were coming out with their own shoes?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 03:45:38 AM »

Back then rappers had their own fashion brands too.
Sooner or later Dr. Dre's gonna get pissed off and rant on twitter about how he started the rappers-making-headphones trend.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:16 AM »

Back then rappers had their own fashion brands too.
Sooner or later Dr. Dre's gonna get pissed off and rant on twitter about how he started the rappers-making-headphones trend.
didn't he speak on it recently?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 06:09:18 AM »

I still have a pair of Hurricanes that I got for 30 bucks.  They don't have an arch so they are perfect for squats and deadlifts oddly enough.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
The sound can't be that good cause they're wireless.

Dre's beats are over priced but have plenty of style.

I'm looking at Grado myself.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »
FFS. I'm getting sick of sheep in Hip Hop. It's a main reason why it's not my favourite genre.

This will be as bad as music artists bringing out their own fragrances, just watch. Kanye West will be next, then Timbaland, then Wayne, then Pharrell, then P.Diddy, then the market will be filled with artists who have their own headphones... LL Cool J will do one better and come out with his own studio mic, then the rest will copy that too.

If I was buying headphones, I wouldn't purchase any artist/producer endorsed headphones... All it does is encourage other non-creative morons to flood the market with their versions too
Leave it to an egomaniac like 50 to do this.  Couldn't think of anything original.  Copycat league like sports.