Author Topic: #WESTCOASTWEDNESDAYS: The Lady Of Rage "How To Rap" Interview Series (WEEK 1)  (Read 526 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/theladyofrage-howtorapseries/ - READ!

Westcoast Wednesdays: The Lady Of Rage "How To Rap" Interview - By : Rud - February 9, 2011

It was almost 5 years ago when Paul Edwards contacted Dubcnn with the idea he had to write a book focusing on the Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC and asking for help in speaking to artists themselves to get their input. Years later and with more interviews than countless journalists will ever manage to secure Paul finally released his epic read to critical acclaim and commercial success, it has been in Amazon's Top 10 Hip-Hop and Rap books since it came out and it's also being published in Japanese and Korean.

How To Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC is compiled from interviews with over 100 MCs, and featuring many West Coast artists.

Highlights include – Shock G describing working with 2Pac and his writing processes, RBX on ghostwriting for Dr. Dre, Lady of Rage explaining how she comes up with flows and content, B-Real recalling how he came up with Cypress Hill’s biggest hits, Crooked I on writing lyrics down and using tape recorders, DJ Quik discussing being both an MC and a produce, E-40 on coming up with slang and rhythms and much more.

Other West Coast artists and groups interviewed include Bishop Lamont, Cashis, Crooked I, Yukmouth, Glasses Malone, Guerilla Black, Omar Cruz, Spider Loc, The Federation, Tha Alkaholiks and more.

Now, thanks to the great relationship between Dubcnn and Paul Edwards, the writer has given Dubcnn EXCLUSIVE rights to release all the key WestCoast interviews that were compiled to create How To Rap: The Art & Science of the Hip-Hop MC. Each of these interviews give an insight into an artists thought process around creating a track and help you understand why being a Hip-Hop MC is truly an Art and Science!

For week one of Westcoast Wednesdays: The "How To Rap" Interview Series we present to you the exclusive and first seen full version of The Lady of Rage interview that took place in March 2007 for the book.

Westcoast Wednesdays: The "How To Rap" Interview Series: The Lady of Rage (Week One)

We want to support Paul Edwards, the How To Rap book and of course the artists involved by getting #WESTCOASTWEDNESDAYS trending on Twitter - we need your help and support!

Enjoy the interview and please ensure you support the release by buying this incredible book on Amazon or a local bookstore. For more information check out HowToRap.com.

Next on #WESTCOASTWEDNESDAYS: Bishop Lamont!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Paul

Definitely looks good
funkyfreshintheflesh

awol22222

Okka

Thanks, i'll read this.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Great interview, I always love hearing about how MCs come up with their stuff, and Rage is one of the best IMO

Also I got that book a while back, it's a really good read, they got a lot of the greats to be in that, nice to see the entire Rage interview over here on dubcnn though, props

BiggBoogaBiff

I like that, ``west coast wednesdays``

Trip Dee

great read, thanks.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming - we need YOUR help to blow this series up, tell everoyne, post links - promote for us on facebook and twitter!

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
thanks for sharin'... gonna go pick up the book now too....

KURUPTION-81

Will pick the book up off the back of that, good read.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thats wassup, great to hear you're gonna support the release!!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Just got this book a few weeks ago!

And from the small pieces of it Ive read so far its really interesting!

Go get it!

And once again thank you Dubcnn! YALL ARE THE SHIT!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for the support guys - keep spreading the news!

I just got my hands on the Bishop interview...OH BOY

OG Snoopaveli

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
Interesting read. I am gonna have to get this book.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com