Author Topic: Dubcc's Definition Of A Fan & A Stan  (Read 4680 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Dubcc's Definition Of A Fan & A Stan
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:58:56 AM »
What is it?

What's the difference?

For example, I am a HUGE Scarface fan. Bought all his albums. Does me saying that make me a fan or a stan?

I hear the word stan thrown around and put on alot of people here for digging certain artists. Let me know, enlighten me  ;D

Blood$

Re: Dubcc's Definition Of A Fan & A Stan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:09:41 AM »
people who hate on another artist because one of their favorite artists does = a stan

example: most people these days who hate Lil Kim but love Nicki Minaj

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
people who hate on another artist because one of their favorite artists does = a stan

example: most people these days who hate Lil Kim but love Nicki Minaj

True

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »
basically if someone is too biased when it comes to a certain artist, then he's a stan to me.

i mean you're also a big cube fan, but you try to keep it real

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:17 AM »
basically if someone is too biased when it comes to a certain artist, then he's a stan to me.

I always keep it real.  ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »

I always keep it real.  ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPw4-Cz9o-M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sPw4-Cz9o-M</a>

8)

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
You can logically approach it all you want but the truth is:
When you enjoy an artists you're a fan.
When other people enjoy artists you don't like, they're a stan.

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
The same logic goes for 'hating.'

When you don't like an artist, it's because the artists is wack.
When others don't like an artist it's because they're hating.

Dumb ass logic but it's true

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
i have every mp3 of Crooked I's released material  (anything leaked on the forums)

and I have all 2pac albums EXCEPT FOR loyal to the game and pac's life

with that said I don't plan on resurrecting 2pac or writing Crooked I annoying letters anything soon like the real Stan  (or that fag ACGrundy would do)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Matty

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
seems like a 'stan' is a fan who takes it to extremes, gets overly emotional and irrational when it comes to their favourite/other artists. they will love everything from a certain artist even when it's obvious something is low quality. but everyone is entitled to their own opinions, i've never felt the need to label someone as a stan or whatever. there's a couple of obvious ones on here , but it might just be an online thing :laugh:

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
Stan to me is like saying Snoops last album was dope or Kurupt never fell off

I am a fan of both these artists, Kurupt is my fav, but I try to keep it real as well

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »
Read detox iz not actives posts, that's a Stan. He literally calls every snoop song dope and hates on the artists that diss snoop

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
Stan (on here) is a term that people use when they have no argument & they just try to make your point moot by saying you're too biased to be taken seriously. When in reality it's because they have nothing to say to reply to you.

I mean, if you listen to Eminem's song, that explains what a stan is. There aren't many, but somehow it gets thrown around WAY too loosely. But on this forum, I'd say we have some Game, Crooked I & some Snoop stans.

During my time here, I've been called an Eminem, Joe Budden, Crooked I, Slaughterhouse & Dre stan lol. See..right there. You can't be a "stan" of more then one artist. It's not possible lol. I wasn't a Budden stan until I said he was right during that vibe video thing & clearly people got angry over that for disrespecting their poster they bought in 1996 lol. Meanwhile, I've called Joe songs average. Said he lost beefs, etc. It's clearly something that's a last resort in an argument you're losing lol.

A REAL stan is somebody who defends their favorite artists no matter what & says everything they do is larger then life, etc. Like I said, go listen to Em's song.

Like mentioned, Detox Iz Not Active is a Snoop Stan. Hack can be considered a Crooked stan lol. That guy love33 is a die-heart Game stan. Classic Material is a T.I. stan.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
If almost everyone else calls you a stan, then you're a stan. For instance, damn near everyone here will call Long Beach iz Active a Snoop stan, or say that Chamillitary Click is a Budden stan. That's how you know its true. The same way almost everyone will bash on radiotube for saying stupid things. Basically, if everyone has a problem with you, there must be something to it.

Like Cham says, he's been called a Budden stan over and over again, by almost everyone here. I think I've been called a stan once, in a thread where I was trolling in the first place. There's the difference.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:35:50 PM by SPICE TWO »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
^lol @ son, who is the one who called me a stan of all the artists is mentioned above in the first place. ::)

& a double lol @ acting like Budden isn't the most hated rapper on the forum. ::)

But then again,
I was trolling in the first place.