Author Topic: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing  (Read 3070 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Twitter's reaction to Nate's passing
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
Why do you guys care about what dre thinks. Dre doesnt have to make his feelings about it public. I dont think he said much when his son died, did he?

This is a good point

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
lmao look at the single Dre just dropped. You really think he gives a fuck that some death row groupies want a tweet from him?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »
Why do you guys care about what dre thinks. Dre doesnt have to make his feelings about it public. I dont think he said much when his son died, did he?
Dre waited like 10 years to open up about his brother dying. Everybody deals with emotion in different ways. People care about Dre because he made them wait for Detox so now he's just a selfish asshole to them. West Coast fans in particular seem to live in these hypothetical fantasy worlds. "If Tupac was alive, rap would never have changed at all from what's popular in the 90's". Soon it will be "if Nate Dogg was alive". There's a lot of hate for Dre, Snoop, and Game because they are viewed as people with the power to make the West Coast relevant again. The only reason we appreciate a Tupac or Nate Dogg like we do now is because we don't have them anymore so we think about how much greater things would be if they were still here. People go way, way, fucking overboard with this death shit. You name any truly talented person living today and if they died tomorrow, mother fuckers will act like the existence of modern music depended on them. Nate Dogg was a pioneer and there will be a void in music without him but it's borderline patronizing for you to take the "What Would Nate Dogg Think" approach to every music-related subject from here out. Want to talk about voids? We as fans will have his music to get by. His family and friends lost a fucking loved one so it's hard for me to feel sorry for myself because I have to hear Akon on Detox instead of Nate.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »

i agree none of these guys owe that to the media or anyone else. its disrespectful for ppl to feel thats owed to them.

fuckin weirdos.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2011, 03:45:05 AM »
no, other than the statement that he made music dedicated to him.
i remember when his son died, some posters on here were complaining about a possible Detox delay ::)

i agree none of these guys owe that to the media or anyone else. its disrespectful for ppl to feel thats owed to them.

fuckin weirdos.
yeah

bouli77

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2011, 03:56:49 AM »

fuckin weirdos.

this.