Author Topic: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)  (Read 5687 times)

Anonymous.

• 'G'
Re: Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »
anyone got prod credits..how many of these are produced by swizz beats for doggystyle 2
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Okka

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »
anyone got prod credits..how many of these are produced by swizz beats for doggystyle 2

I think none of those is produced by Swizz Beatz, none of them sound like his beats.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=259661.0

snoop

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:37 AM »
just heard take u home. great song  8)

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »

I think none of those is produced by Swizz Beatz, none of them sound like his beats.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=259661.0

thanks i guess he completely scrapped that album idea and all the songs swizz did lol..which is good
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
This album is nice 8) way better than ego tripping. Is it out this weekend or next tuesday.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm still waiting on someone in the know to answer this. It really sounds awkward to have back-to-back tracks with the same sample noticeably used.

I just listened through the album again, and have to ask this question:

Why would Snoop put two tracks on the album (back-to-back nonetheless) that use the same exact sample?

"Eyez Closed" and  "Raised in Da Hood"  both sample Jimmy Spicer "Money (Dollar Bill Y'all)" (the same one Maino used for "Hi Hater"). Seems like "Eyez Closed" used a slowed down version.

that's nothing. De la Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising had 2 songs with the same beat, hook and flow style. Not to mention the same name.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
A decent album from snoop after a while, this is the first album I listen without cringing for a couple of times...

Something weird actually works for me here, Most of the tracks that leaked (Gangbang rookie, El lay, Raised in the hood, Take you home) e.t.c...Actually make me enjoy the album more, gives me a kind of familiar feel.

Have to say i really do like Raised in the Hood.....

Snoop went for the Funk vibe with this, no complaints even though some hard knocking Fredwreck/Meech or SS beat would have been great still no complaint...

Snoop should be moving up on this album and improve on it.....No need to go back the weak level
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Damn I see a lot of hate for Tha Last Meal. Didn't expect that. My 2nd favorite Snoop album
Not really. 90% of his fans would agree it's his second best album. If not tht 3rd after topp dogg

If snoop never released paid the cost, r & g, malice, ego trippin and game is to be sold. He'd have the strongest album collection I'n rap
Hands Down.
For the recoded I enjoyed r&g and paid the cost (for the most part)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »
If snoop never released paid the cost, r & g, malice, ego trippin and game is to be sold. He'd have the strongest album collection I'n rap
Hands Down.

no

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
Hands Down.

Can't I say the same for Jay-Z?

Honestly, the only Snoop album I can go back & listen to from start to finish is "Doggystyle", then just pick a few tracks off the rest of his discography.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
now that's just sad when you gotta delete half a nigga's albums for him to have a dope discography

Quadruple OG

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
now that's just sad when you gotta delete half a nigga's albums for him to have a dope discography

Snoop isn't aware that sometimes more isn't always better. After fixing the Doggumentary album, figure I'll go through the rest of Snoop's albums to cut out the filler.

LtRoastABotch

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2011, 05:34:24 AM »
"Cold Game" is so good. That Mandrill sample that Kanye used a few years ago + Latoiya Williams vocals. Awesome.

I like almost all of it minus a good five or six songs that should have been cut. really could have done without "raised in da hood" (mostly because it uses the same sample as eyez closed.. ridiculous), "wet", "platinum", "toyz n da hood".. "superman" is fine but it completely ruins the flow of the album.

Strongest snoop record since BCT.

rayman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:30 AM »
Wonder What it Do is the dopest westcoast track to come out in a long time

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »
After hearing what the gorillaz did with snoop on that plastic beach track they had on their last album and with something like this night on doggumentary it kinda makes me wish he would do a whole album rapping over their beats. That track is way different then anything else on doggumentary but so far its the stand out track to me