Author Topic: Its been 4 months, anyone still bumpin' Saigons GSNT album?  (Read 771 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Its been 4 months, anyone still bumpin' Saigons GSNT album?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 05:00:51 AM »
wasnt that great. lyrics r corny on alota songs.
bumped it 2wice, then never again

Lmao,the irony of a poster who's obsessed with dpg calling another artists lyrics corny is truly hilarious.

lol, at ppl gettn confrontional cuz i dont like they favorite album.. emotional

He's kinda got a point though. If you're not feeling it that's cool. But how can the lyrics be corny when you still listen to the latest daz albums?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 07:29:25 AM »
no, he doesnt have a point.  i  expect corny lyrics from a Daz-album, but not from a Saigon-album (thats why its wack - cuz its Saigon).
i dont even understand the kids comparison. tryied to validate somethin?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 07:32:17 AM by Michael Madsen »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:09 PM »
What lyrics are corny? So let me guess this straight, you admit you like corny lyrics, then dismiss another artist for having corny lyrics?

I don't care if someone doesn't like something, but they can say it's just not for me or whatever, but people feel the need to make dumb comments like yourself that totally contradict themselves

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
some of the lyrics were corny, doin a whole song dissin preachers is corny IMO

not contradictin myself.
do i have to feel ashamed cuz i like diff flavours in my hiphop-gumbopot?
u think everythin has to always b lyrical, u narrowminded moron?

lol, but why u always on some emotional shit tho? always defendin ur idols n shit
like that time, when i said DJ Premier fell off a bit - n u started cryin n spazzn out
???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:21:50 PM by Michael Madsen »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.I'm not even that big of a premo fan. So it's ok to murder thousands of people in songs but dissing preachers is corny? Lmao. WTF is wrong with you? I'm not saying everything had to be lyrical. I like lots of shit that isn't lyrical, like young jeezy. I like old dpg but the new shit sucks. But I dont make dumb contradictory statements like if I said oh man I don't like Luke his lyrics are too raunchy but man I love too short! See how dumb that sounds? That's you in this thread. Like I said just say it's not for you but don't say you don't like it because it's corny when you bump dpg

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
i remember u n ur emotional attack-mode - after i had some opinion about DJ premier.
i could probly quote u too, clown.

im allowed to have an opinion on any artists n its lyrics, and bump Uncle Luke, Lil Jon, Daz Dillinger at the same time..
if an artist doenst live up to his/her standards/potential lyricaly - yes, i can call the lyrics wack or corny. like in Saigons case.
makin a whole song, dissin preachers is corny n goofy IMO. actually - that song is probly 1 of the most laughable songs ive eva heard in hiphop.
u mad now?
the Daz-comparison doesnt valitdate anythin. i know Daz isnt spittin lyrics, n i dont xpect that from him either.
same thing wit Snoop

stop cryin, ppl have diff tastebuds wit everthin, specially in music. live wit it
u take the internet too serious. ease up on them computer-keys, before u catch a heartattck
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:57:55 PM by Michael Madsen »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »
Quote me on the premo thing then,

You can call it whatever you like, it just makes you sound like a contradicting dumb ass.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »
that preacher song is the one skipper on that album for me.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »
It's still in my weekly rotation.

An East Coast album that sounds like an East Coast album.

Oh and by far my favorite album of the year.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:03:25 PM by West Coast Veteran »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
I haven't bothered listening to it. I lost interest in dude a while back. Ill get around to it tho.

But can you explain to me how a 4 month old album is a classic?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »
I haven't bothered listening to it. I lost interest in dude a while back. Ill get around to it tho.

But can you explain to me how a 4 month old album is a classic?

i hear what your saying...it just shares a lot of characteristics classic albums have.

it has a certain cohesiveness to it i cant explain it.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
Love that Preacher song for the simple fact that nobody else out there has done a song like that and its some true shit that needed to be said. You got people in the ghettos and inner cities struggling through all kinds of crazy situations and conditions and for some, if not all, the only way for them to keep some sort of sanity or hope is turning to religion. Its the only thing keepin them going and some people put everything they have into it and look up to these pastors and preachers as heroes and life saviors and these dudes is just straight crooks. The notion you got to go to a church once a week and pay a dude to read some stuff out the bible and say Hallelujah a couple times is outlandish. People puttin what little they got into these churches leavin broke gettin fooled by these con men actin like theyre tryin to help while they getin rich buying expensive houses and cars livin the good life. Even worse you got some doin the exact opposite of what they preach doin all kinds of sinful shit in there personal lives. Look ar Eddie Long. Listen to the song aint nothin corny bout that shit.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »
breath my nigga, breathe...

that is true though, my grandmother damn near went bankrupt supporting tele evangelists and ive been telling her for years, why not invest that into a church in your neighborhood where you can see your money benefit the community? when it comes down to it alot of ppl dont have the dedication to be involved in the church and its just easier to do it from the comfort of your living room....ppl need to understand you cant buy your way into heaven if there is a such thing.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:16:36 AM by KRS-TWO »

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
Im good but its what I said in my first post. When a nigga says somethin positive addressing somethin in his community and shows intelligence its wack. When a nigga talks about sellin drugs and gangbangin and filling the stereotype its hot. And it aint just tv pastors robbin people KRS. My boy was tellin me the other day about how he was riding through the city he grew up in and saw a pastor he knew ridin around in some expensive fancy car comin from his church situated right by the projects. We talkin bout an area with people on welfare section 8 who dont got shit but always got money to give to the pastor so he can instill some hope into them and this nigga takin that money and buying fucking 80,000 cars and shit. That shit aint right and somebody needs to say somethin. But you know what fuck all that corny shit. Im wit Michael. Lets grab some fried chicken and watermelon, throw money at strippers, sell crack and shoot at other niggas for no reason except them havin a different color shirt on then us. Now thats whats up. No homo   
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:59 PM »
u should sign up at the site in my sig.