Author Topic: Truth be told I don't feel sorry for Nate Dogg  (Read 4873 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
Re: Truth be told I don't feel sorry for Nate Dogg
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
some posts are a little extreme but there's nothing wrong with pointing out he wasn't the greatest person. I mean if he wasn't a singer and you were just reading all the things he did you'd be saying the same things right?

You know what you're 100% right. When I hear news about someone I've never heard of I'm like :eh:

:sign_withstupid:

Not sure what you're on about. If you read a story of a random person who made millions then spent it all on drugs and stupidity, and left their family in debt, would you have the same reaction?
Tell the whole story then..

Theres some people in here that will hate on anybody that gets love. And for those people i got one thing to say: fuck you!, there are no other words you deserve.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
some posts are a little extreme but there's nothing wrong with pointing out he wasn't the greatest person. I mean if he wasn't a singer and you were just reading all the things he did you'd be saying the same things right?

You know what you're 100% right. When I hear news about someone I've never heard of I'm like :eh:

Not sure what you're on about. If you read a story of a random person who made millions then spent it all on drugs and stupidity, and left their family in debt, would you have the same reaction?

Wow so we have to consider the full story when deciding if we should be sad for Nate's passing.

G-Funk Classics was a superb album, hell of a talent but damn...I wonder if Nate recycled?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 11:40:45 AM »

Wow so we have to consider the full story when deciding if we should be sad for Nate's passing.

G-Funk Classics was a superb album, hell of a talent but damn...I wonder if Nate recycled?

What are you sad for, the music or the man? Do you feel sorry for Hitler?

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

That doesn't deserve an answer.

You're comparing Nate to Hittler because (you say) Nate didn't exercise and that he did coke?

Dude you need to go out, get some Vitamin D in your system.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »

You're comparing Nate to Hittler because (you say) Nate didn't exercise and that he did coke?

Are you completely oblivious? I'm saying you judge Hitler based on his character, not the art he made. So judge Nate based on his character. I'm not speaking on whether he exercised or what recreational drugs he took. But the fact is he wasted millions of dollars and didn't look out for his family. And yet here you are making him out to be a good guy. You love his music, fine, but that doesn't automatically make him a good human being.

polepositon

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 12:01:29 PM »
Whats all that thread about? What are you pissed on? Of course Nate was just a man, what you want from him?

The way people are reacting towards him like he was this great man when in actuality was a coke head that will barely leave any imprint on the music biz and none on society.  People making threads asking what did you do in tribute to him, did you cry, whole bunch of gay shit
                                              yea. i asked what did people do in remberance of him. but, my thread asking that was me asking those who loved his music and was a fan. that is who i was asking that questio. to. didnt know that would upset folks. shrugs.

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 12:22:18 PM »

Are you completely oblivious? I'm saying you judge Hitler based on his character, not the art he made. So judge Nate based on his character. I'm not speaking on whether he exercised or what recreational drugs he took. But the fact is he wasted millions of dollars and didn't look out for his family. And yet here you are making him out to be a good guy. You love his music, fine, but that doesn't automatically make him a good human being.

You think he knowingly spent all that money and went into a coma on purpose..like he planned it?

Well gee, I guess Nate loses out on being Ordained a Saint..I guess he was flawed human being like the rest of us.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »
When the average black man dies of ODing on coke, leaving his family with nearly nothing, nobody gives a shit. A guy drops a couple of hooks & suddenly it's cool that he was an awful human being because he's on the half of the songs on my iPod? C'mon kids.
don't be a hypocrite now, you would act the same if one of your favourite artists died.

I mean, how do you feel sorry for someone who did it to themselves? Saying, "Ah, that sucks. R.I.P." is different from "LORD, HOW COULD YOU TAKE MY NIGGA?!? HE WAS TOO YOUNG! HE WAS LIVING A GOOD LIFE".

If Joe Budden died, I wouldn't be like, "LORD, I KNOW HE SMOKED 10 PACKS OF NEWPORTS A DAY, BUT HE TOO YOUNG!". I'd be like "Ah, that sucks. R.I.P.".
let's hope for dubcc that he doesn't die then

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »
I don't understand why some of you are arguing. Yes, Nate made some great music. And yes, Nate was a coke head who selfishly left his family in a fucked up situation. Both of you are right, but trying to make one aspect of the man more significant than the other.

Actually, that's not true. Those who acknowledge Nate's negatives in this thread also acknowledge his contribution to hip-hop. However, the rest of you seem to be getting upset when someone mentions his poor lifestyle choices as if y'all are trying to cover it up. You gotta take the good with the bad, people.

It's kinda like how 2pac's legacy was tarnished by this whole "Thug Angel" media ploy Afeni Shakur has concocted to make her son into a saint. Instead of acting like 2pac was some prolific man who was a prophet that was gunned down and slain unfairly, let's be real. 2pac's got a big fuckin' head, started believing he was actually a thug and doing stupid shit as a result of it and in the end got shot up as a consequence of fucking with the wrong people.

Same thing applies to Nate.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
Nate Dogg (R.I.P.) being a coke-head is news to me, links? articles?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 01:50:45 AM »
Nate Dogg (R.I.P.) being a coke-head is news to me, links? articles?
rumours

sprite

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
but if you take that route in thinking, then take away all the sympathy you've ever expressed for lots of the people you know who've died

because really a big majority of people die from cancer, obesity, diseases, drug overdoses, etc.   -   things that could've been prevented

how is this different than somebody's fat ass dad dying when they're like 50?  he took bad care of himself, but are you not gonna feel bad for him?

he got what he had coming but god damn!

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »
However, the rest of you seem to be getting upset when someone mentions his poor lifestyle choices as if y'all are trying to cover it up. You gotta take the good with the bad, people.

My line is, Nate did coke (apparently) big fucking deal. Nate didn't handle is money business (apparently) big fucking deal.

Look at what other people wrote, that Nate wasn't a good man but the polar opposite - BAD in there eyes.
No middle ground, just black and white...just write the guy off! ;D

"Let him without sin cast the first stone"

bouli77

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »
The thread started peacefully and asked legitimate questions. Then a couple people started abusing a dead man, and that's just wrong on so many levels.

I agree with the first few posts. Dude's been unapologetically singing about his weed smoking habit for 15 years. As you sow, so shall you reap. That doesn't mean he's a bad individual or whatnot and by no means am I judging him but he indulged in a unhealthy lifestyle and exposed himself to such an ending. Dude was a heavy weed smoker (nothing indicates he did coke really), i mean in most of the videos and live footage and picture from his booklets, dude looks 8 times outta 10 just stoned as fuck. Just look at the following videos : Smokin' on Blunts and Drinkin' on Tanqueray, The Source Awards 1995 (when he sings his Ain't No Fun verse over Gap Band's outstanding), The Up in Smoke Tour... even on the booklet of G-Funk Classics Vol. 1&2 he looks high.

so yeah RIP Nate Dogg, it's always puzzling to know that someone you grew up on is gone, but let's not act like life's been terrible to him, it's sad really but that's life i guess.

One thing I wonder is rap is almost exclusively made of weed smokers. Some real heavy. like meth, devin, daz, snoop. with their aging, we're likely to see more cases like nate's happening in the future.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
successful troll is successful

its funny how will points out that its a troll thread and attempts to disengage then his groupie tendencies take full control and he jumps head first back into the fray like a thirsty motherfucker.