Author Topic: Hispanics, congratulations!!!!  (Read 477 times)

Trauma-san

Hispanics, congratulations!!!!
« on: January 21, 2003, 02:34:14 PM »
Hispanics were just announced as the largest minority in America, overtaking blacks.  That's pretty wild; the census bureau said that the hispanic immigration rate is much higher, as well as the rebirth rate.  Another thing, though, is that hispanics are an ethnic group, so they can be any race or color... more people identify themselves as hispanice than black, or whatever, because it's an ethnicity.  But anyways, they said that it's something like

70% White/Caucasian
13% Hispanic
12.5% Black
4% Asian

Ain't that crazy? There's more hispanic than black people in america now, and there's hardly ANY kind of legislation or programs aimed at hispanics, while there's TONS of stuff aimed at blacks.  Hispanics oughta speak up and get their piece of the pie, lol.  

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Hispanics, congratulations!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 03:05:45 PM »
dope, but most of my fellow brothers and sisters in the hispanic community are racist towards each other.  We like to go against each other for where are roots come from, like Mexico , Guatemala, Puerto Rico. and even though we are all hispanics, we are seperated. We cant unite.  And thats just ignorant

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 03:08:31 PM »
Yeah, I've heard that before, too.  That's unfortunate

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 06:57:05 PM »
Does this mean that we all have to learn Spanish now?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 09:04:46 AM by CWalker187 »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 07:46:46 PM »
Yea...Hispanics are way more populated in my area than blacks... Last time i checked the census there were more hispanic than white in my city...There is Half of my city that is like a spanish community..Everything is writin in spanish(signs).Its pretty cool cuz its like another country.But the only thing it is low poverty area and high crime..Its a shame.

CWalker187

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 09:32:32 PM »
Everything is writin in spanish(signs).

That is bullshit.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 09:54:13 PM »
Everything is writin in spanish(signs).

That is bullshit.

Fear not dogg, lots of nations around the world speak more than one language. It's good to know more than one laguage anyways. Necissitamos hablar con otra paises. English is not the only language in the world, and Latin America is very important to the U.S. And also, the United States is the nation of the world, many different people live here, and many people have a voice. It's about time we get a 2nd language. In Cali, Spanish has already been felt for some decades now. In L.A., you can live normally without eve speaking English. It wa once Mexico, made U.S. by force, so that's no surprise. As for the rest of the nation, it's all good.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 10:06:46 PM »
Does this mean that we all have to learn English now?

Just to let you know man, America has been shaped by minorities. LIVE WITH IT.  If the U.S has a leader like you, we will be like Hitler trying to rule the world, OH WAIT we are starting to be like that. Be a man and respect your country for what it is, a multiracial country in where my dad has worked his ass off from being a worker to owning his business, my dad learned English on his own and made it .  Thats America

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 10:11:44 PM »
God bless your dad!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 10:20:49 PM »
Yea my dad's story is like Scarface but in a good way

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 10:54:04 PM »
I have just moved to Miami and I hardly see anyone other than Hispanic people. I love Latin women so this is heaven for me.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2003, 12:30:04 AM »
Yea...Hispanics are way more populated in my area than blacks... Last time i checked the census there were more hispanic than white in my city...There is Half of my city that is like a spanish community..Everything is writin in spanish(signs).Its pretty cool cuz its like another country.But the only thing it is low poverty area and high crime..Its a shame.

sounds EXACTLY like bakersfield,lol

In Cali, Spanish has already been felt for some decades now. In L.A., you can live normally without eve speaking English

same here in bakersfield,lol, where i work, the only people who know english are the managers (6) and the front counter people another 6 , then me, so like 13 people out of the 60 or so people who work at my work speak english fluently, and just about every one except the 2 head managers are bilingual

it's so freaky going anywhere else in the world like london and canada (were i've been a few times) cuz your not the majority no more and you don't have a community net you can fall back on shoot even when i went to utah for the first time when i was 5 (first time outta cali too) i was like the kid from the sixth scence. i was all "i see white people" lol

so really it doesn't suprise me, being a so. cal resident that we're the majority of the minority population

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 12:31:31 AM »
also isn't there more puerto ricans in New york than in puerto rico, more cubans in florida than in cuba, more mexicans in the SW USA than in mexico

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 12:41:04 AM »
I always thought part of the nationalization process was you had to learn english?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2003, 12:54:00 AM »
I always thought part of the nationalization process was you had to learn english?

yeah that's the idea,which IMO should be enforced more,  but it's not like they don't know ANY english, they're just not fluent in it, like you couldn't have an in depth conversation with them but you can say basic stuff  to them in simple words like, i use bathroom , i be back .....that's actually how ebonics came into play in this country lol