Author Topic: what the hell was wrong wit Eminem durin the "Encore"-sessions?  (Read 756 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: what the hell was wrong wit Eminem durin the "Encore"-sessions?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
He already is one of the greatest of all time off pure skill alone. His first 3 albums are certified classics, Relapse was the highest selling album of 09, and Recovery was the greatest selling album of 2010.

Relapse might have had questionable subject matter but he was still rapping his ass off. Even Encore had some classics (Toy Soldiers, Mosh, etc).

The dude opened doors and made it so you almost forget he's a white rapper cause he's so respected. Ask any elite emcee and guarantee you they'll proclaim Em as one of the best to ever do it.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 05:25:51 PM »
"hippity caca poo poo

Gigidy gaga booboo"     :grumpy:

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
Same thing thats been wrong with him for the past 8 years. I've not heard a succession of two songs or more in a row from any of his albums or guest appearances that haven't been shit from him. FOR 8 YEARS. He's a rapper that 14 year olds relate to, and his lyrics and beats have suggested over his last few albums that he sees that also as his target audience.

Which is such a shame because of the strength of his first two LPs he could have been one of the greatest of all time.

Pretty much sums it up perfectly

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
Em had already lived out his dreams and fulfilled his destiny.   So Encore is sort of like Michael Jordan playing for the Washington Wizards.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:59 AM »
Encore had some great tracks, but also some really crap ones as well. "Never Enough", "Toy Soldiers", "Yellow Brick Road", "Rainman", "Spend Some Time" and "Encore" were all dope, some of my favourite Em tracks in there. But yeah, the worst tracks were some of the worst shit he's ever done, really hit or miss album. The bonus tracks "We As Americans" and "Love Me More" were miles ahead of some of the shit that was on there.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 04:36:43 AM »
those silly encore songs istn good rap records, but if u have sense of humour, then lol, they are kind of funny

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 05:00:10 AM »
Same thing thats been wrong with him for the past 8 years. I've not heard a succession of two songs or more in a row from any of his albums or guest appearances that haven't been shit from him. FOR 8 YEARS. He's a rapper that 14 year olds relate to, and his lyrics and beats have suggested over his last few albums that he sees that also as his target audience.

Which is such a shame because of the strength of his first two LPs he could have been one of the greatest of all time.

thank you. nice to see some REALITY when talking about eminem for once. dude is mad over-rated, everything after MMLP is over-rated. dude was ill on the mic, then he fell off, everyone is in denial about that. it doesnt matter how many record sales u list it makes no difference. the reality of it is that people who buy mainstream albums (like my mom) are the people who by eminem records. i shit u not my own mother has a copy of encore and i dont. she doesnt even like rap...

kuruptlon

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
Rain Man was a dope Dre beat but Em just totally fucked it up with that terrible chorus.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
i shit u not my own mother has a copy of encore and i dont. she doesnt even like rap...
^
 :stupid:

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »
Em had already lived out his dreams and fulfilled his destiny.   So Encore is sort of like Michael Jordan playing for the Washington Wizards.

money...but "encore" still had some dope tracks, just like Jordan had some good games in Washington. it just isnt what we were used 2 seeing from him. I think "relapse" is on-par with "encore" as well...but "recovery" is just str8 commercial garbage. i really couldnt even listen 2 that album.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »
Em is MK Ultra'd really bad since TES.