Author Topic: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2830 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Drake - "Take Care" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Drake on pace to sell maybe 700k :o

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08772

No surprise. Wayne did almost a million in a week. They have the same fanbase.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
anyone shittin on drake gotta be shittin on pac as well...pac was the emo / captain save 'em poster child of hip hop...
yep

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Lunatic

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
Drake on pace to sell maybe 700k :o

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08772
Wow that's exactly what I predicted he'd sell I was telling a friend 700K yesterday
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
Really like the album, Drake reminds me of Kid Cudi in that he's not a great rapper/singer but he makes good music because he knows what his sound is and he's comfortable with that.

LMAO. Ill never understand when people say shit like this. Whats his sound? Homoerotic elevator fluff music.

Lmao what i mean is his music sounds how he wants it to sound, it's not like half of hip-hop who just jump on w/e the 'it' sound is. You can say it's soft, w/e is what it is

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
The Hip Hop audience doesn't automatically jump on whatever is hot.  I get so sick of people saying that when I never have and nobody I know has ever been like that except for random strange niggaz that u know from here and there.  I think children have too much influence over adults in Pop Culture.  Like i get it from a marketing/business POV but there is a line already drawn out in tha sand.

Some people who HATE Drake and Young Money and don't really RELATE to the artist YOUNGER than them (like Mak's Food/Liquor) need to have separate forums all to their selves.  I'm not saying anybody should kiss Drake's ass over this album and I'm not even saying his album is kiss-ass worthy (which is what the execs get fucked up) but "Take Care" is the shit.  Every track ain't bangin but that muthafucka nice.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »
So I tried to give this album another go.

Man. This is TRASH.

Seriously. I had to stab myself with a fork several times to keep from falling asleep. Like I'm sitting here trying to figure how a straight male can enjoy this. You have to create a new level of softness for this music. This is like if baby kitten fur and cashmere were combined for a super softness,you'd have drake.

I keep reading this nonsense about ohhh it's his sound,the atmosphere is amazing etc and I'm trying to figure out what you "males" do while listening to this drake. This music is the soundtrack of ovaries synching up to bleed on the same cycle. I imagine notorious Tda wearing a scarf indoors with painted on denims, knitting his grandma a reindeer sweater and drinking green tea while looking out the window on a rainy day. I imagine radiotube working at dunkin doughnuts scrubbing the toilets, turning the mop upside down pretending it's a black girl cuz it's covered in shit stains singing to it " I'm so I'm so I'm so I'm so proud of you." I imagine action walking down the streets on community watch patrol, reporting minor crimes even jay walking while singing " you gonna make someone around me catch a body like that." I imagine meho going to the strip club and requesting that back that azz up ballad song and proposing to strippers assuring them they don't have to do this to themselves.

Word to ghost fase I had to listen to ante up 18 times in a row to get the stench of simp from me after this album.

When do you muthafuckas listen to this shit? Do you play this in front of your crew? If I played this is in front of my friends I'd get knocked out. Do you listen to this with women? Women would want to be the big spoon if you played this in front of them. Do you listen to this on your headphones while riding the train? Just sitting in the corner crying to yourself?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:06 PM »
So I tried to give this album another go.

Man. This is TRASH.

Seriously. I had to stab myself with a fork several times to keep from falling asleep. Like I'm sitting here trying to figure how a straight male can enjoy this. You have to create a new level of softness for this music. This is like if baby kitten fur and cashmere were combined for a super softness,you'd have drake.

I keep reading this nonsense about ohhh it's his sound,the atmosphere is amazing etc and I'm trying to figure out what you "males" do while listening to this drake. This music is the soundtrack of ovaries synching up to bleed on the same cycle. I imagine notorious Tda wearing a scarf indoors with painted on denims, knitting his grandma a reindeer sweater and drinking green tea while looking out the window on a rainy day. I imagine radiotube working at dunkin doughnuts scrubbing the toilets, turning the mop upside down pretending it's a black girl cuz it's covered in shit stains singing to it " I'm so I'm so I'm so I'm so proud of you." I imagine action walking down the streets on community watch patrol, reporting minor crimes even jay walking while singing " you gonna make someone around me catch a body like that." I imagine meho going to the strip club and requesting that back that azz up ballad song and proposing to strippers assuring them they don't have to do this to themselves.

Word to ghost fase I had to listen to ante up 18 times in a row to get the stench of simp from me after this album.

When do you muthafuckas listen to this shit? Do you play this in front of your crew? If I played this is in front of my friends I'd get knocked out. Do you listen to this with women? Women would want to be the big spoon if you played this in front of them. Do you listen to this on your headphones while riding the train? Just sitting in the corner crying to yourself

lmao
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:21:19 PM by Michael Madsen »

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »
anyone shittin on drake gotta be shittin on pac as well...pac was the emo / captain save 'em poster child of hip hop...

I wouldn't hate on anyone for making powerful emotional songs, those can be great if done well. However, Drake is just boring. His flow is boring, his delivery is boring, and his singing is average/borderline bad. Nothing the guy does impresses me. That's not even a defense of Pac, Drake is just boring as fuck.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
im so im so im so im so proud of you  8)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »

I wouldn't hate on anyone for making powerful emotional songs, those can be great if done well. However, Drake is just boring. His flow is boring, his delivery is boring, and his singing is average/borderline bad. Nothing the guy does impresses me. That's not even a defense of Pac, Drake is just boring as fuck.

And these aren't powerful songs. Just a bunch of simp anthems. What does a privileged rich Jewish kid from the burbs who's a child actor have to say? Nothing. This music is masturbation and simps can't get their hands lotioned quick enough.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:16 AM »
well there seems to be some shit stirring up between drake and j.prince being that  j. prince brought dude to cash money.no exec. producer credit on this new album.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »
jay's been hating on drake since day one yet he still downloads his albums and listens to them.............

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
this shit soft as hell. some body pull up charlemane the god goin in on drake j. blige. but then again all of ymcmb is soft as my bed sheets.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2011, 04:40:31 AM »
hows the Just Blaze track? only thing im interested in hearing off this

The beat is actually brilliant. I agree with 'Makaveli's Food & Liquor' who said that it doesn't really fit Drake, but Just Blaze killed it with the usual epic sound.

would appreciate a pm...i aint downloading the whole album  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare