Author Topic: Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions OUT NOW  (Read 865 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions OUT NOW
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »

1. Sacrilgeious (Prod. Tabu)
2. There He Go (Prod. Sounwave)
3. Hands On The Wheel feat. ASAP Rock (Prod. Best Kept Secret)
4. Sex Drive feat. Jhene Aiko (Prod. THC)
5. Oxy Music (Prod. THC)
6. My Hatin' Joint (Prod. Mike Will Made It)
7. Tookie Knows (Prod. Dave Free & Tae Beast)
8. Raymond 1969 (Prod. Sounwave & Dave Free)
9. Sexting (Prod. DJ Dahi)
10. Grooveline, Pt 1. feat. Dom Kennedy and Curren$y (Prod. Lex Luger)
11. Gangsta In Designer (No Concept) (Prod. Willie B)
12. How We Feeling (Prod. Dave Free)
13. Druggs With Hoes Again feat. Ab-Soul (Prod. Nez & Rio)
14. Nightmare On Fig St. (Prod. A$AP Ty)
15. My Homie (Prod. Alchemist)
16. Blessed feat. Kendrick Lamar (Prod. Dave Free)
17. NiggaHs.already.know.davers.flow (Prod Nez & Rio)
Bonus. 2 Raw featuring Jay Rock (Prod. Tae Beast)

Just saw this on itunes, released today. Downloading now so will give feedback later, looking forward to this though. Dope that he got an Alchemist beat too 8)

jeanmiche777

Re: Schoolboy Q - Habits & Contradictions OUT NOW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:05 AM »
Lex luger really surprised me with his beat. Really smooth Overall a pretty good tape but I feel some of the tracks are really forced (similar to the other TDE realeases)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »
Lex luger really surprised me with his beat. Really smooth Overall a pretty good tape but I feel some of the tracks are really forced (similar to the other TDE realeases)

Yeah that track was smooth as fuck 8)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
Man this project is hot!!!!! ScHoolboy is on his job and to follow up a gem like Setbacks with another dope project isn't easy to do. He's the perfect blend of old school Westcoast and the new sound of hip hop. It shows how truly ignorant this forum is when it gets two replies and it's sitting at #7 on iTunes and #1 on rap charts.

DubCC = behind the rest of the pack when it comes to new dope music. Keep on ya job ScHoolBoy!!

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
That's the first thing I've bought on itunes.

The_Offence

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »
these TDE niggaz got next. death row had their time, aftermath had their time, TDE is the next big thing on the west. all them niggas touring off moslty mixtapes and street albums with no major label backing. them niggaz working!!! NIPSEY & TDE is setting the bar right now.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:44:30 PM by The_Offence »

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:19 PM »
these TDE niggaz got next. death row had their time, aftermath had their time, TDE is the next big thing on the west. all them niggas touring off moslty mixtapes and street albums with no major label backing. them niggaz working!!! NIPSEY & TDE is setting the bar right now.

You hit the nail on the head. They've got the potential to be on that level, and outsiders hearing this probably think it's a crazy thing to say but it's not. The music is such high quality and almost all the production is in-house, they're really on their game right now. Shot out to Nipsey too, TMC was hottttt.

What's funny is TDE has crossed over on almost every big hip hop outlet online EXCEPT for DubCC. Y'all are so....far.....behind.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »
Q's flow and delivery has improved heaps on this album I reckon. Whole album flows front to back however the content does get a bit tired at some points. Dopest tracks to me are "Blessed", "There He Go", "Sacrilegious", "Hands On The Wheel", "Nightmare On Fig St" and "Grooveline Pt 1".

TDE definitely the best thing popping on the west right now. A few shout outs to Dre throughout the tape as well, hopefully Black Hippy play a big part in Detox. "Soul drop, Rock drop, Doc drop" and "Word to Dr Dre, Detox is like a mix away"

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:32 AM »
Man this project is hot!!!!! ScHoolboy is on his job and to follow up a gem like Setbacks with another dope project isn't easy to do. He's the perfect blend of old school Westcoast and the new sound of hip hop. It shows how truly ignorant this forum is when it gets two replies and it's sitting at #7 on iTunes and #1 on rap charts.

DubCC = behind the rest of the pack when it comes to new dope music. Keep on ya job ScHoolBoy!!

ignorant loool albums is 'Alright' and that it there is nothing special to it the same was with Kendrick they just dont sound like west  ;)

The_Offence

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »

ignorant loool albums is 'Alright' and that it there is nothing special to it the same was with Kendrick they just dont sound like west  ;)
nigga fuck sounding like the west. wtf is sounding west ? trying to recreate a sound dre & deathrow burnt out already  :-\  why nip & these TDE niggaz buzzing ? cuz people been waiting for the west to come with a different style, and them niggaz is giving them that.. nobody wanna hear you trying to sound like dre or ice cube nigga . game came out and he didn't follow that "west sound" and he sold millions. no new nigga out the west that "sounds west" is popping. thats the problem with west coast niggaz, them niggas been trying copy that old sound that the masses ain't feeling no more for years. thats why they fell the fuck off. nip and black hippy are buzzing like fucking bee's right now... these niggaz doing big tours brah. nipsey selling out shows off fucking mixtapes and street albums. who he sign to ? himself. jay rock did maybe over 100 tour dates last year with tech. even q said that nigga rock is touring more than anybody else in black hippy. he toured as much as snoop did, and he ain't even on a fucking major. that nigga getting money brah. where these "west sounding niggaz" at  ? most these niggaz can't even book a fucking show is the bay cuz their buzz don't even reach up there. kendrick, ab and Q already got booked and did a show all the way over here in toronto off their fucking mixtapes & street albums, cuz niggaz is here in toronto been asking for them niggaz. they showed this nigga kendrick mad love brah (peep the video ) where them "west sounding niggaz" at ? Q  couldn't make it cuz that nigga is a fucking felon so he couldn't cross the border. i ain't from the west coast nigga so i know who im hearing from the west over here and them west sounding niggaz ain't getting no fucking attention here or in New york. they fuck with nip hard out here.. nip toured the whole U.S and just toured  japan off fucking mixtapes. the man said he getting 10 g's a show to tour off fucking mixtapes. kendrick just toured with drake & j cole off a fucking street album. rap fans and vets in the game fucking with them niggas cuz they working overtime. you gotta create your own fucking lane, not try to recreate an old sound thats already burnt out . "lets sound west, lets recreate some shit zapp did, lets recreate the death row sound, lets use beats that sound like dre produced it"  ;D.  thats the typical west coast rappers plan for success  ;D it never works. why you think them niggaz always begging for handouts from dre & snoop... most dope rappers don't even have a typical coast sound, they just make music. people fuck with TDE cuz them niggaz stand out from the pack, their not scared to try new things. them other niggaz is in the pack because their following that west sound thats burnt out already, so they only reach you dubcnn niggaz. ain't no nigga on the east trying to sound like wu tang man. ASAP sounds nothing like your typical NY nigga from the 90's. you just gotta make music, don't follow no coast trend. niggaz just wanna hear good music period.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:03:59 AM by The_Offence »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 03:54:56 PM »

This and what The_Offence said.

I've been playing the album since Saturday, it flows really well and like some others already said Q has gotten a lot better with his delivery. Really feeling "Blessed", "My Hatin Joint", "Hands on the Wheel", "Grooveline" and the Alchemist track. Some fillers here and there, but overall very good project and progress from Setbacks. TDE running things!
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
Good album. Downloaded it just off the strength of his guest verse on some asap rocky shit. Did not disappoint.
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »
I don't like his rapping style, reminds me of nicki manaj or something the way he raises his voice, but his lyrical content is really good.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 02:43:20 AM »
I love it i ma fan of Q since his last effort TDE is the future ! They complete each other very well i' m waiting for the black hippy project

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »

ignorant loool albums is 'Alright' and that it there is nothing special to it the same was with Kendrick they just dont sound like west  ;)
nigga fuck sounding like the west. wtf is sounding west ? trying to recreate a sound dre & deathrow burnt out already  :-\  why nip & these TDE niggaz buzzing ? cuz people been waiting for the west to come with a different style, and them niggaz is giving them that.. nobody wanna hear you trying to sound like dre or ice cube nigga . game came out and he didn't follow that "west sound" and he sold millions. no new nigga out the west that "sounds west" is popping. thats the problem with west coast niggaz, them niggas been trying copy that old sound that the masses ain't feeling no more for years. thats why they fell the fuck off. nip and black hippy are buzzing like fucking bee's right now... these niggaz doing big tours brah. nipsey selling out shows off fucking mixtapes and street albums. who he sign to ? himself. jay rock did maybe over 100 tour dates last year with tech. even q said that nigga rock is touring more than anybody else in black hippy. he toured as much as snoop did, and he ain't even on a fucking major. that nigga getting money brah. where these "west sounding niggaz" at  ? most these niggaz can't even book a fucking show is the bay cuz their buzz don't even reach up there. kendrick, ab and Q already got booked and did a show all the way over here in toronto off their fucking mixtapes & street albums, cuz niggaz is here in toronto been asking for them niggaz. they showed this nigga kendrick mad love brah (peep the video ) where them "west sounding niggaz" at ? Q  couldn't make it cuz that nigga is a fucking felon so he couldn't cross the border. i ain't from the west coast nigga so i know who im hearing from the west over here and them west sounding niggaz ain't getting no fucking attention here or in New york. they fuck with nip hard out here.. nip toured the whole U.S and just toured  japan off fucking mixtapes. the man said he getting 10 g's a show to tour off fucking mixtapes. kendrick just toured with drake & j cole off a fucking street album. rap fans and vets in the game fucking with them niggas cuz they working overtime. you gotta create your own fucking lane, not try to recreate an old sound thats already burnt out . "lets sound west, lets recreate some shit zapp did, lets recreate the death row sound, lets use beats that sound like dre produced it"  ;D.  thats the typical west coast rappers plan for success  ;D it never works. why you think them niggaz always begging for handouts from dre & snoop... most dope rappers don't even have a typical coast sound, they just make music. people fuck with TDE cuz them niggaz stand out from the pack, their not scared to try new things. them other niggaz is in the pack because their following that west sound thats burnt out already, so they only reach you dubcnn niggaz. ain't no nigga on the east trying to sound like wu tang man. ASAP sounds nothing like your typical NY nigga from the 90's. you just gotta make music, don't follow no coast trend. niggaz just wanna hear good music period.

Lool ur post make laugh (no offense) but u just sounded like typical ignorant dubcc poster for whom west coast sound is limited to dre or death row. If you leave this board and widen your musical horizons you will know that you can sound west coastish without sounding like dre or death row (san diego, Arizona for example) and if dubcnn did better job with their news you would know that is plenty of very talented rappers from Cali who sound westcoastish and at the same time sound fresh and imo more original than TDE (don’t get me wrong those cats are very talented as lyricist but as a flow or beats there is nothing special about them and they def not hope for the west) good example Techniec - Blacklist sounds west and fresh and was of of the best from the west last year imo way better then Section 80 . It was done before and it was done good - Planet Asia, Rasco, cats from Stones Throw (which imo are way better then TDE) so there is nothing fresh or original about them for me. I am glad tho they getting national exposure, can’t hate on success.

did u ever listen albums from Game? how he didnt follow that west sound especially 2 first albums?  his best success was when sounded dre-ish and typical west coast and sold millions is just when he get rid off that sound his music went downhill like a madafacka with sales so sorry u are mistaken here

Please enlighten me since when NY support west? If i am aware they never did unless they sounds like normal hip hop there wasn’t period of time when NY support any artist from west even when the west was in prime but they didn’t mind to borrow g-funkish sound. NY people are the most ignorant from whole states. That’s the reason they dig Kendrick and TDE cus they sound more like shit from NY then from west. How strange that NY starts fuckin with Nipsey just after his change his music from gangsta rap to pop influenced beats. So please don’t tell me they support Nip or TDE because they so ‘original’. Jay Rock doesn’t sound westcoastish?! Please u need to listen his album/mixtapes again cuz he is sure sounds like artist from Cali.

Yep that awesome touring with Drake (making music for women and gays) and J.Cole (who the fuck is dat) and u think this just happens cus TDE is so good... partially yes. well Jay rock was affiliated with Cash Money and now is with Strange who is one of the most successful independent label and im sure he got lots of connection so it wasn’t hard to get Kendrick some spots on big tours especially when his Sector 80 sold that well on itunes.

U askin where those niggas who sounds like west - G. Malone touring states just base on the mixtapes he released and he sounds west, Mitchy Slick next one, Twisted Insane and there more of them but if u just stuck what people on this forum talking about im not surprised where u coming from
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:50:35 PM by ICHI THE KILLER »