Author Topic: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)  (Read 6345 times)

doggfather

Re: Dogg Pound - "Doggy Bag" (2012, Wideawake)
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 12:17:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 02:53:01 AM »
Will wait and see how this unfolds...

dnjp4life

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 08:36:09 AM »
I look forward to this and hope that it's a mixture of the leaked stuff that's around and genuine unreleased and previously unheard material.

People always complain about that fact that WA release leaked music that we already have, and have had for years, but you have to remember, as far as they're concerned, none of this stuff has been heard before by music listeners, even if they know different. 
As a business they are entitled to make tracklists using songs that have leaked because they've never been officially released before.  So be grateful in that respect. 

Okka

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 08:55:57 AM »
Doesn't Priority own the rights to "Nuthin But The Cavi Hit"?

Yeah, but how come Cube's "No Vaseline" was on the Death Row Greatest Hits though? That's Priority too, right?

bouli77

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
Yeah the DR greatest hits had some songs that had nothing to do with DR, like Cube's songs, as well as Pac's pre-death row songs. Nuthin But the cavi hit has more to do with Death Row than those songs.

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
There was a deal with Death Row and Priority back in the day that involved 3 Ice Cube tracks. One of those was Greed on Gang Related. Not sure of the details and not sure if Nuthin But A Cavi Hit was included in that but it would explain why the Priority tracks were on those albums.

acgrundy

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
nothin but a cavi hit was never on a deathrow release

Jimmy H.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »
Death Row's Greatest Hits was distributed by Priority at the time so it's likely they were given permission to use certain music from their catalog. That's also why "Keep Their Heads Ringin" was on there.  

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
im waiting for big suges debut album...supposedly hes got some bars deep in the vault.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
okka instead of cavi hit with mack 10, how about the cavi hit remix over the og beat with ice cube on it too?

i think that was just a remix, the ice cube-version

u mean the soopafly remix? nah ice cube is also over the og beat too

il upload the snippet when i can

Okka

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »
I guess the full version hasn't leaked?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »
its sad how bad they have destroyed their reputation by ignoring the fans and releasing shitty quality release after shitty quality release...especially after all the hype and promises they made...who buys a company with a specific fan base and then completely ignores that fan base in this social media era we live in?   when you have the fans telling you specifically what they want on any fan board on the net? they are almost as bad running this company as Suge....

Say what you say about Suge, but he cared about the quality of Death Row releases. That's why you got so much unreleased stuff in the vault... Suge did a lot of things wrong, but you can't put that on him - he would NEVER release some shitty albums WideAwake have put out, like that Kurupt CD which was a complete JOKE etc.
you mean like the several compilations he put out?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »
okka instead of cavi hit with mack 10, how about the cavi hit remix over the og beat with ice cube on it too?

i think that was just a remix, the ice cube-version

u mean the soopafly remix? nah ice cube is also over the og beat too

il upload the snippet when i can

i know, but thats also a remix.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
when are they gonna drop a cpo boss hogg album ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
Say what you say about Suge, but he cared about the quality of Death Row releases. That's why you got so much unreleased stuff in the vault... Suge did a lot of things wrong, but you can't put that on him - he would NEVER release some shitty albums WideAwake have put out, like that Kurupt CD which was a complete JOKE etc.

Real talk. Suge gets a lot of unfair hate. He did everything right in the beginning. He just let that mafia boss lifestyle get to his head and never snapped back to reality. But you don't own one of the most successful labels in music history on accident.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"