Author Topic: How is "The Recipe" not the best produced song in years?  (Read 731 times)

714rep

Re: How is "The Recipe" not the best produced song in years?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »
the song is good but nothing legendary

+1

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 07:14:42 PM »
LOL... u niccaz is all just afraid to state the obvious, cause you wanna sound like you know more than the average mutherfucker.  Cause any regular mutherfucker can tell that track is a MONSTER.  Ya'll just want to uphold some image at the forum as having such a keen ear and diverse taste in music and this track is just such an obvious hit ya'll don't wanna state the obvious.

That shit bumps like a mutherfucker.  My speakers aren't the best but they are above-average and that beat hits like no other in my system.   

...And lol at u niccaz critisizing the way Dre raps on this track.  Dre is damn near 50 and he spits with more precision on this track than I've ever heard from him.  His flow on the track is clearly more challenging than his flow from past records, yet he aced it and master that track.

Aside from Sccit, you all need some more objectivity when it comes to this joint, and quit trying to impress other posters and just state the obvious.

AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS!

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:52 PM »
It doesn't really sound Westcoast to me.  More like a tropical island getaway type of setting, which I don't really associate with the Westcoast.  The song makes me think of the tropics.  And I don't like Kendrick on the track -- sounds too much like trying to be Andre 3000.  And Dre's voice is so processed that it's nearly unrecognizable.  Well engineered song, though.  It has technical merit but pretty much no artistic merit, just imo.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »

...just admit the obvious this track is flawless and better than anything out there.

this is just simply proves that u have no fucking idea what are u talking about
there lots of tracks way better than this and much more original and sounding like west coast
but we are know that u are in love with snoop and dre so what ever they do it will be in ur eyes good

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
Well engineered song though

First off ur whole reply is utter bullshit but..

What, why, and how is this song so "technically engineered"?  

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
It doesn't really sound Westcoast to me.  More like a tropical island getaway type of setting, which I don't really associate with the Westcoast.  The song makes me think of the tropics.  And I don't like Kendrick on the track -- sounds too much like trying to be Andre 3000.  And Dre's voice is so processed that it's nearly unrecognizable.  Well engineered song, though.  It has technical merit but pretty much no artistic merit, just imo.

"Doesn't sound West Coast to me sounds like the tropics"

What the hell are you talking about?   Is that the best you can come up with?   In case you haven't noticed the weather in LA is beautiful and damn near a tropical getaway in it's own right.  You guys just want to nitpick cause your afraid to state the obvious.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »

"Doesn't sound West Coast to me sounds like the tropics"

What the hell are you talking about?   Is that the best you can come up with?   In case you haven't noticed the weather in LA is beautiful and damn near a tropical getaway in it's own right.  You guys just want to nitpick cause your afraid to state the obvious.

LOL @ "stating the obvious." It's called an opinion. Even your boy NIK said the song was good but not great. You're so emotionally attached to these rappers that you can't handle people that have different opinions than you.

Matty

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
it's obvious dre has a lot of impact on the sound of the finished track, dat engineering/mixing. the snoop track prod. scoop that dre mixed is super big sounding too.

the track is dope? yeah...but not amazing. the best produced song in years? hyperbole much? i mean dre's 2nd verse gets a bit cringe worthy, it's hardly a flawless track. i'm not a huge kendrick fan either. he's definitely dope and amongst the most talented in the crop of new rappers...but not one of my favourites (see locksmith/tito lopez).

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
It's not a matter of different opinion it's a matter of what it is.  Every "generation" that goes by (ala 5 years) doesn't automatically make them better or more hip than the last, let go of that "microwave" shit the media feeds u.  

I'm not cool with infonyte using the word "nigga" or "nicca" or however tha fuck his dumb ass wants to spell it but he has a point on this 1.  When everybody thinks of Cali they think of "women, weed, and WEATHER" so your post is null and void (obsolete)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:18:14 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 04:40:44 AM »
i'm really not a fan of Dre's recent music, like really not. but I though The Recipe and the song with T.I. were really good songs. definitely liked the vibes for those two songs.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 05:16:52 AM »
good song, i really liked it

MistaNova

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
Because it hasn't been years since DJ Premier's last beat came out.

Fraxxx

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
It's a very cool song, no doubt. But Dre's verse has written Kendrick Lamar all over it. He might as well layed it down himself.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »
Because it hasn't been years since DJ Premier's last beat came out.

get up on your game my nigga!