Poll

Which album do you rock with more?

Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
22 (73.3%)
BG Knoccout & Dresta - Real Brothas
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas  (Read 953 times)

midwestryder

Re: Dogg Food VS Real Brothas
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 01:09:27 AM »

Definitely Dogg Food.. never even heard of that other album

:o

1. how long have you been on this board?
2. how can you vote when you are not familiar with both albums?

I've heard of BG Knockout cause he was on that joint "Real Muthafuckin G'z" and because he's a Muslim.   But that's about the extent of it.  

Real Brothas is filled with Muslim-esque raps… you'd dig it

I'll have to check it out then...

...and my response to all the haterz in this thread is two-fold

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped. 

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.
Please ,that bullshit what you are saying . Most of us on here know all the west coast classics unlike you . Rass Kass Soul on Ice is classic . I never rushed thru album & I have heard every west coast classic in 36 years of my life . It is not hard too when you are not closeminded only listen to one artist or click stan . . What is this I hear that you don't listen to bay artist when one of your favorites 2Pac claimed Bay as his home . Open your minded or get left behind.

DL

• 'G'
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »
Dogg Food, but Real Brothas comes close. Both brilliant albums and need to be bumped every now and then...

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 02:22:59 AM »

I've heard of BG Knockout cause he was on that joint "Real Muthafuckin G'z" and because he's a Muslim.   But that's about the extent of it.  

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped.  

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.

The only real fool that admits when he's wrong? Are you on crack or something? You are the one that treats this forum like a diary, the one that claims that hip hop is everything and how you live that life and battle people left and right because it's part of the culture. You should be like a sponge, soaking this west coast shit up like no other - if you were what you claim to be. If someone asked you about the sample in the song Compton Swangin then you should have an answer and not ask who Dresta and Knocc Out are. You should AT LEAST know them from the Montel Jordan video shoot.

And don't even blame other people about how they might or might not know certain classic albums. First you can't be sure about it, second they don't run around this forum pesenting themsevles to be the allmighty hip hop history professors.

Excuses galore.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:25:38 AM by Marty Jannetty »
It will always be 1993 to me.

TidyKris

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2014, 02:44:03 AM »
What the f*ck is it with this forum?

You cant get three posts into a thread before the same people start bitching about stupid sh*t.

Seriously, you guys are arguing because somebody has not heard an album....seriously?? Then one of you
had the outright cheek to say "most of us on here are grown up" then continued to blast about "we have all heard
these albums and you have not so were better then you"...so that's what passes for grown up talk these days?

Its no wonder this site looses members and nobody wants to post here anymore....everybody gets sick of
seeing your petty sh*t on every single post. Ive never seen a bunch of jumped up, over opinionated, self righteous
nobody's in one place at the same time....its like being in the school yard seeing what you guys argue about

Okka

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:58 AM »

1.  Maybe ya'll are just shallow fans and you just rush through albums on a surface level and that's why you have time to listen to every notable west coast album that's ever dropped. 

2.  I bet a lot of you complaining I don't know classic West Coast albums like shit from Above the Law, probably aren't really up on a lot of other West Coast classics that I know inside and out.  Shit like Rass Kass Soul On Ice is like a part of my life I know every joint backwards and forwards on that and a lot of you talking shit probably don't even know that album or a lot of other classics.  I'm just the only fool real enough to admit when he doesn't know something.

It's a part of your life and you can't even get his name right. It's Ras Kass. Do you even own the album?

Aladin

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »
I know I will be hated for this, but Dogg food was a mediocre DR release compared to the other releases.

Real brothers is my pick.
The title song where they exchange  with each other... real classic.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 06:21:23 AM »
I know I will be hated for this, but Dogg food was a mediocre DR release compared to the other releases.

Personally I feel Dogg Food stands shoulder to shoulder with Doggystyle and AEOM

Marty Jannetty

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm Marty but you're not Shawn, bitch.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »

You cant get three posts into a thread before the same people start bitching about stupid sh*t.

Seriously, you guys are arguing because somebody has not heard an album....seriously?? Then one of you
had the outright cheek to say "most of us on here are grown up" then continued to blast about "we have all heard
these albums and you have not so were better then you"...so that's what passes for grown up talk these days?

Its no wonder this site looses members and nobody wants to post here anymore....everybody gets sick of
seeing your petty sh*t on every single post. Ive never seen a bunch of jumped up, over opinionated, self righteous
nobody's in one place at the same time....its like being in the school yard seeing what you guys argue about

I could give a few explanations as why certain people (including me) have words for other people but that would be besides the point.

You are right, the regular part of the board shouldn't have to suffer because of that. I will keep my opinion about other people in the G Spot.
It will always be 1993 to me.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2014, 06:56:48 AM »

To be completely honest when dogg food first came out i felt the same(loved a few tracks but not the whole album/some weak beats). But not at all these days. I revisited dogg food recently and i like way more now than i did then.
 Its an album that i re vist each year at least. Not one song that i skip.

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 08:20:57 AM »
Dogg Food easy. Real Brothas is also a classic, with a lot of classics (50/50 Luv, Who's the G, Jealousy, the DPG diss etc)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07:41 AM »

Personally I feel Dogg Food stands shoulder to shoulder with Doggystyle and AEOM
agreed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »
Seriously, you guys are arguing because somebody has not heard an album....seriously??

that's not what it's about, he came in here and voted for ONE album without hearing the OTHER which is a no go…

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:29 AM »
Dogg Food easy. Real Brothas is also a classic, with a lot of classics (50/50 Luv, Who's the G, Jealousy, the DPG diss etc)
this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 02:17:08 PM »

only if you knew infinite like we do

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Remedy360

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
dogg food but I love both albums.  8)

No doubt.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
Both albums could have been better
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

TidyKris

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »

only if you knew infinite like we do

Haha fair play....but man it gets tiring seeing the same sh*t arguments on every post.
I just wanna read up and talk about westcoast hip hop, new and old haha ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:46:05 PM by TidyKris »

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »

It's a part of your life and you can't even get his name right. It's Ras Kass. Do you even own the album?

Now your being pedantic... over an "s" on the end of Rass?  That's splitting hairs.  I used to own the album, but lost it at some point in my travels/moves, what I have now is a copy of the album... last I checked the album was actually out of print and selling for like $50.00

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »

PREACH!!  

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2014, 04:35:02 PM »

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

...and that's just the opening track

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

smp4life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
  • cyber-punk!
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »
They are both good G-funk albums. Dogg Food is overrated and Real Brothas is underrated. I think real brothas suffered from a lack of Eazy E with his recent passing and being on a label (Def Jam) which didn't know how to promote a west coast album properly. The production was tight as hell as well but from producers that lacked any star power.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »

Dogg Food was flawless... and when you hear albums like Kuruption you have to know that Dogg Food could not have been any better, Kurupt and Daz gave that album their all and it is Death Row/Dogg Pound in their prime.  Right off the jump a track like "Dogg Pound Gangstaz" they are going for niccaz throats... "AIN"T GOT NO LOVE FOR NO HOES IN HARMONY", I mean Kurupt is slaying all challengers to the Death Row throne, and then Daz is going toe to toe with Kurupt on the track, and the beat is FIRE, a 10!

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 06:47:53 PM »

lol...after the first 5 tracks the rest just sounds like filler...maybe 2 or3 other good songs but it aint flawless

Come on homie.. I respect your opinions on music from your other posts... but your telling me "Let's Play House", "I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid", "Reality", "A Doggz Day Afternoon".. is filler?  Listen to how Kurupt is spittin on Doggz Day Afternoon, how is that filler?  Even Nate comes through and does his thing...  Every song on Dogg Food is fire, there is no filler.

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
Dogg food was far from flawless

is it a classic? hell yes but there were some songs that were simply good and not great.  and let's not act like the album is on par with All Eyez, Chronic or Doggystyle.  and of course Makaveli.

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 07:49:55 PM »
Dogg food was far from flawless

is it a classic? hell yes but there were some songs that were simply good and not great.  and let's not act like the album is on par with All Eyez, Chronic or Doggystyle.  and of course Makaveli.

it's certainly on par with all those albums.  The only difference is that Daz and Kurupt are not superstars like Snoop is.  Daz and Kurupt are like the homies, and Snoop is the superstar.  And then Pac is a larger than life legend of mythical proportions

Dre -  Source 1996 cover