Author Topic: Who was Kurupt dissin on "Smooth" off Dogg Food  (Read 1191 times)

Okka

Re: Who was Kurupt dissin on "Smooth" off Dogg Food
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:40 PM »
Maybe it's B - I - Double G - I - to the E?

Notice that on NY87, when he disses Biggie, he also relates it to fame and fortune.

Why does he do that? Who knows how the mind of Kurupt the Kingpin works...
kurupt had no wit biggie until after that shooting at the ny ny video shoot. if u watch the source awards from '95 as they are performin' ''what would u do'' he shouts biggie out.

that shout out may have been a diss.... that was the same famous source awards where Suge dissed Puffy right?

Kurupt wasn't dissin' Biggie, it was all love till they got shot at. Wasn't that because of Biggie was talkin' about them on the radio?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:20:25 PM »
Biggie had mentioned that Kurupt was the dopest freestyler he had heard, doubt it was him...The radio appearence that was a prelude to the shooting came in December of 1995

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »
Always wondered that too. Maybe no one? Maybe that was just a 'I wish a muthafucka would' warning shot at anybody thinking about dissin him lol.

Biggie had mentioned that Kurupt was the dopest freestyler he had heard, doubt it was him...The radio appearence that was a prelude to the shooting came in December of 1995

Is there audio of that?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jman91331

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
No you are all wrong. It was aimed at some local niggas (so local I can't remember they name). But they were coming out dissing The Dogg Pound before Dogg Food came out thinkin they were gonna blow up (& was never heard from since). They even had a segment on the news about it. That's why Kurupt had lines like "on tv rappin like hours knew me & know me" "dissin us for fortune & fame". But if you seen the news segment, you would know that part of his verse was about them as soon as you heard it like I did. But to those that didn't see it on the news I can see why you would speculate other rappers but trust me, it was about them. Them dudes was on some sucka shit & when the reporter asked why they was dissin the Pound, they said in so many words to get a record deal and blow up.

aerroc

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 11:47:29 PM »
are you mofos still talking bout this really who gives a fuck

doublee313

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »

Why does he do that? Who knows how the mind of Kurupt the Kingpin works...

At that point his mind was still very sharp... this was before he started rappin "dracula titanic taranchula gigantic tyranosaurous gargantua spatula battle star gallatica back cracka karakula—fuck a bitch!"

"A hammer head with a hammer that has a hammer that I use to hammer.  Lyrical lyrics that lyrically lyric the lyric.  Bitch"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 08:46:59 AM »
No you are all wrong. It was aimed at some local niggas (so local I can't remember they name). But they were coming out dissing The Dogg Pound before Dogg Food came out thinkin they were gonna blow up (& was never heard from since). They even had a segment on the news about it. That's why Kurupt had lines like "on tv rappin like hours knew me & know me" "dissin us for fortune & fame". But if you seen the news segment, you would know that part of his verse was about them as soon as you heard it like I did. But to those that didn't see it on the news I can see why you would speculate other rappers but trust me, it was about them. Them dudes was on some sucka shit & when the reporter asked why they was dissin the Pound, they said in so many words to get a record deal and blow up.

thanks for the info

jman91331

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »

thanks for the info
No problem just clearing it up. I wish someone could dig that news clip up. Once y'all see it, those few bars would make so much sense to y'all. If he or Daz (I doubt Daz lol but you never know) ever gets interviewed by dubcnn y'all should ask him about that.