Author Topic: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone (Prod. Dr. Dre)  (Read 1797 times)

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone (Prod. Dr. Dre)
« on: December 04, 2014, 07:53:30 AM »
Sorry if this has been posted before. I only seem to have a radio rip snippet of this. Sounds like a "Music & Me" leftover. Thoughts ?

https://soundcloud.com/h-i-t-t-m-a-n/18-leave-it-alone
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:45:28 AM by Matty »

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
OH SHIT Thanks mayne!
I remember the story about this song! It made a huge buzz, it was premiered on a radio in LA and labeled as produced by Dr. Dre and it never came out
Nice to finally hear it in his entire version and in good quality.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:21:36 AM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

Mista Rosa

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
Nice man ! Way cleaner than the radio rip that most of us have (the DJ Skee tagged one). Props for the found. Anyway to download this one ?! And is this Dr Dre's Hittman ?

Song was produced by Dr Dre (from Skee and other sources) in 2003-2004. I read in an interview of I think Pr1me that said that Nate showed up in the LBC and let some of them young cats listen to some of his music that was produced by Dre, sounding like blues/jazz.

Found the interview, props to Lunatic who compiled some Nate Dogg homages after he passed.

"Pr1me: My fondest memory of chilling with Nate Dogg was in 2004 when me and my homeboys from Long Beach had a show. One of the group members is Snoop’s little brother so we grew up around the whole Dogg Pound unit. We had this show and we only reached out to a few people for some support to see who would come out and rock. Nate Dogg was the only one who came through.

He was the first major figure to show us love on our show. He didn’t charge us nothing either. He came up there with us and even did a little melody. We just asked him to come on stage and let his presence be known. He actually did a melody and the whole crowd went bananas. It was one of the most memorable times of being with Nate Dogg.

Right after that show, we had a little after hour’s house party at Diamond Bar. He stayed all the way til the very end until it was just five or six people in the house. He was playing his unreleased album for us. He had tracks with Dr. Dre on there. There were some songs that sounded like they’d be from the 1960’s. He was really changing his style up. It was an honor to have him play those records for us. We thought that shit was so hard. We couldn’t wait it for it to come out. We have major love for Nate Dogg."
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

djole 213

Matty

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 10:44:25 AM »
props man, we eatin double with this one - unreleased nate & a dre joint  8) would love to hear some of those other tracks, they're out there somewhere.

edited the title to include dre so more cats will take a peek...

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Tha Crip

Re: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone (Prod. Dr. Dre)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
Wow only 5 replies, years ago this woulda been PAGES long, i've been waiting for this since like 05 when i first heard the shitty radio rip lol....i knew there was a reason why i got up today :P..MAJOR PROPS HOMIE
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »
Sad thing is that it was uploaded in March 2013 and nobody checked this soundcloud page before  ::)

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »
Great track, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
Sad thing is that it was uploaded in March 2013 and nobody checked this soundcloud page before  ::)
Someone posted it on FB today and I quickly assumed it's a fresh leak lol

All props goes to whoever's cloud this is.

Didn't know it was a Dre production.  8)

Matty

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
Sad thing is that it was uploaded in March 2013 and nobody checked this soundcloud page before  ::)

Didn't know it was a Dre production.  8)

looks like it's hittman's :laugh: 8)

better mp3 for y'all ;) soundcloud only coughs up a 128 mp3 when you use an extraction/ripping tool, but when you're actually playing the stream it's better quality. their way of protecting the content, quite clever http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/37114042/file.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:41:12 PM by Matty »

Will_B

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »
Another unfinished sounding, 3rd rate beat from Dre!

He never looked after his homies

WestWestYA

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 03:27:46 PM »

Didn't know it was a Dre production.  8)

better mp3 for y'all ;) soundcloud only coughs up a 128 mp3 when you use an extraction/ripping tool, but when you're actually playing the stream it's better quality. their way of protecting the content, quite clever http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/59851031/file.html
What program do you use to get the 320?

Matty

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
Sad thing is that it was uploaded in March 2013 and nobody checked this soundcloud page before  ::)

Didn't know it was a Dre production.  8)

better mp3 for y'all ;) soundcloud only coughs up a 128 mp3 when you use an extraction/ripping tool, but when you're actually playing the stream it's better quality. their way of protecting the content, quite clever http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/59851031/file.html
What program do you use to get the 320?

it's not really 320 quality i dunno what it is...it's just a conversion from a recording of the stream (wav). but using the highest bitrate minimizes the loss in quality when compressing to mp3. hopefully it sounds alright :)

here's the original recording for the quality freaks (FLAC), cause aint no fun when you got a stream rip compressed again, who knows how many times shits been compressed by then http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/2040402/file.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:44:36 PM by Matty »

jaytee

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
Thank you so much!  I've been waiting on the full better quality version of this forever.

I was the one that recorded it off the radio back in the day.  Sorry for the poor quality.  It was crazy to me that that was the only version available to the public for so long.  Thankfully, we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Once again, props!