Author Topic: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone (Prod. Dr. Dre)  (Read 1803 times)

Tha Crip

Re: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone (Prod. Dr. Dre)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
^^^^
Thanks for letting people outside of LA know about it, did the song sound CDQ to you while you were listening to it on the radio back then?
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
Another unfinished sounding, 3rd rate beat from Dre!

He never looked after his homies
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
Great track, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

JeremyM

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 04:25:23 AM »
I wish there was a way to get all the unreleased Nate Dogg material released, but I doubt it will ever happen.  :(

Mista Rosa

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 05:46:45 AM »
Thanks for the links guys ! I am frequently checking dubcnn hoping for some unreleased Nate Dogg to pop up and that day was the day haha. Probably some more like this is floating around but it is tough to catch it, it is like a full time job haha.

I wish there was a way to get all the unreleased Nate Dogg material released, but I doubt it will ever happen.  :(

Man more than 2 years ago I emailed Fredwreck asking about if there were plans to release Nate Dogg materials. He told me him and DPG were currently working on an album... I guess it is not really happening, seeing how people are busy with their own stuff.

Seven Arts Music was supposed to drop Nate's album "It's a wonderful life" 2 years ago but then again nothing happened...

Nobody seems to care so much about it, it is fucked up. A minimum of investigation for some "hip-hop journaist" could get us some info...
Anyway I was re-leastening to Nate's interview with Julio G and Nate was talking about how many things he has in his vault that could be released after he passed "the latest possible... like 2077" he said. Damn. His homies unfortunately didn't hear his will !
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

soopa-man

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 06:49:03 AM »
Awesome fucking find something to defiNately ride too!!! I actually have the radio rip and bumped sounds so smooth and bangin now!

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 09:31:12 AM »
Great track, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
yeah the beat wasn't anything to write home about especially for Dre's standards of that time period but a smooth track nonetheless that I never heard before  8)

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
Nobody seems to care so much about it, it is fucked up. A minimum of investigation for some "hip-hop journaist" could get us some info...
Anyway I was re-leastening to Nate's interview with Julio G and Nate was talking about how many things he has in his vault that could be released after he passed "the latest possible... like 2077" he said. Damn. His homies unfortunately didn't hear his will !
I thought Warren G was supposed to drop some unreleased material of him and Nate in an EP .. What happened to that ?  ???

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
I thought Warren G was supposed to drop some unreleased material of him and Nate in an EP .. What happened to that ?  ???

I think Warren's still sat by the phone waiting for Jay-Z to call

HighEyeCue

Matty

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »
production is pretty perfect for me, nothing too complicated, clean sounds and bass. nice rhythm with the strings with nate's vocal takes the centre. maybe it's a rough version but a sweet template either way. totally works as it is. will you're being way too harsh :P

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Unreleased Nate Dogg - Leave It Alone
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »
Nice man ! Way cleaner than the radio rip that most of us have (the DJ Skee tagged one). Props for the found. Anyway to download this one ?! And is this Dr Dre's Hittman ?

Song was produced by Dr Dre (from Skee and other sources) in 2003-2004. I read in an interview of I think Pr1me that said that Nate showed up in the LBC and let some of them young cats listen to some of his music that was produced by Dre, sounding like blues/jazz.

Found the interview, props to Lunatic who compiled some Nate Dogg homages after he passed.

"Pr1me: My fondest memory of chilling with Nate Dogg was in 2004 when me and my homeboys from Long Beach had a show. One of the group members is Snoop’s little brother so we grew up around the whole Dogg Pound unit. We had this show and we only reached out to a few people for some support to see who would come out and rock. Nate Dogg was the only one who came through.

He was the first major figure to show us love on our show. He didn’t charge us nothing either. He came up there with us and even did a little melody. We just asked him to come on stage and let his presence be known. He actually did a melody and the whole crowd went bananas. It was one of the most memorable times of being with Nate Dogg.

Right after that show, we had a little after hour’s house party at Diamond Bar. He stayed all the way til the very end until it was just five or six people in the house. He was playing his unreleased album for us. He had tracks with Dr. Dre on there. There were some songs that sounded like they’d be from the 1960’s. He was really changing his style up. It was an honor to have him play those records for us. We thought that shit was so hard. We couldn’t wait it for it to come out. We have major love for Nate Dogg."

nice story and nice track
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 09:03:02 PM »
shit's smooth, im surprised dubcnn wasnt on this when it first leaked in '13

marcin1712

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 05:44:42 AM »
thanks!