Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video  (Read 3320 times)

Sccit

Re: Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta music video
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 10:32:41 AM »

thats why mufuckaz who stay young at heart are always the coolest to be around..."growing out" of a music genre is just more uppity bullshit to me. if u enjoyed "dogg food" at 20, you should be able to enjoy it just as much at 40. theres nothing forced about what daz and kurupt are spitting...thats my point. kendrick's shit sounds way more forced and contrived, as if he's trying really hard to break barriers and be articulate. daz and kurupt were spittin basic gangsta shit, but did it better than pretty much anyone ever did. thats what true art is...when you're the best at what you do. mos def and public enemy were better at spittin pro-black, conscious rap than kendrick is, and it sounded more natural when they did it....not to say kendrick is bad at it, but u can tell it's very contrived. so yea, thats why "dogg food" is a classic while this new kendrick album has a ways to go.

in essence, i think kurupt and daz were expressing themselves and spittin what they truly felt, as opposed to kendrick, who sounds like he's spittin what he thinks listeners WANT to hear. he knows people like u are guna sit there and go "wow, what a positive message...he's changing hip-hop" that was his intention. it doesn't sound nearly as genuine as "aint no fun" or "new york new york".....it's still good, but it's missing that sincere, organic element. and as i mentioned, they are sonically on two different levels. not even in the same league.

I had stopped enjoying Dogg Food by 20. Its about that time when I outgrew it. Same time I outgrew most of the SSLP. Its not young at heart, its juvenile and immature. Songs like If We All Fuck and Bomb Ass Pussy are about as artistically credible as "Leroy the Big Lipped Nigger" by Johnny Rebel. It is heartless, rather than young at heart.

And sonically; its glossed up watered down Funk. Dre and DPG did for Fuck what Pat Boone did for Rock and Roll. If I want music I'll listen to musicians who play with soul, not 25 year old rappers who act like they're 17. Maybe that's what the G in G-Funk stands for "Glossed Up Watered Down", maybe "Garbage". Its bubble gum pop music with swearing.

The best music takes time for the listener to appreciate it, sonically. Its supposed to be a hard listen the first several times.

lol wtf....so much wrong with this post, i don't know where to begin. lmaosmh@"leroy the big lipped nigger" tho..............."bomb azz pussy" is some real shit. if u outgrew that by the age of 20, u prolly guna be on this shit in a couple years:

u lightweight soundin like a mark in a bucket skylark, bruh.

Couple years? This was me 15 years ago.

My highschool grad pic. And even then I thought If We All Fuck was childish and sexist.

that came up in Google when I typed snob. check yaself bruh.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »
The problem is that I can listen to and enjoy most DPG and the Deathrow stuff. I just accept it for what it is. Weak people afraid to step forward and speak the truth about their emotions. The streets is watching type of BS. Kurupt and Daz may very well have had the talent and desire to write a Keep Ya Head Up type of record but it took the maturity and strength of Pac to actually record and release it. I'm not hating on DPG's ability. I just know when I see someone "keeping it real" in the Dave Chapelle skit kind of way.

Dogg Food was black frat humour, and Death Row for the most part was the black community's National Lampoons. And that's fine. There is a place in the world for smut, just don't say stupid things like Debbie Does Dallas is just as good a film as Driving Miss Daisy. Its not. And Dogg Food is not as good an album as Pimp a Butterfly.

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »
Dope song and vid.  Nice to see him on top of Compton fashion center.   RiP

doggfather

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »
just watched now, its hella good.
ol school street vid.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:09 PM »
They're even jamming this on white ass outlets like NPR. I don't understand how someone could not be feeling this track.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »
I think Kendrick will have the most important album of 2015. Also, if not this album, I think the album that defines the decade will be from Kendrick Lamar. It's almost like the story of hip-hop has built up to this point. The point were the two biggest artist in the game are complete opposites. One is an actor from Toronto, Canada, the other is a product of Compton, California which has become the hip-hop capital of the westcoast.

Remedy360

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2015, 06:39:13 PM »
They're even jamming this on white ass outlets like NPR. I don't understand how someone could not be feeling this track.

Bro, if it's not straight vintage gangster rap then it has no place here. Keep it 1996 or GTFO.

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »

Bro, if it's not straight vintage gangster rap then it has no place here. Keep it 1996 or GTFO.

the track is actually getting mad love on this site...just peep the poll infinite made.

theres way more hate for kendrick on other sites, like thecoli

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 08:57:45 PM »
Yeah, but it's still more of a 1998 track than a 1993 track. Not vintage enough.