Author Topic: Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High  (Read 472 times)

westcoastcavalier

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High
« on: April 10, 2003, 06:42:57 AM »
Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High
By Stephanie A. Crockett, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted April 9, 2003 -- For the first time ever, there are more than two million people in jail or in prison, and an estimated 12 percent of them are African-American men aged 20 to 34, compared to 1.6 percent of White men in the same age group.

That's according to a recent report by the U.S. Justice Department's Bureau of Justice Statistics. Allen Beck, chief prison demographer for the bureau, told the New York Times that it is the highest number ever measured.

Based on those statistics, the Bureau of Justice Statistics has calculated that 28 percent of Black men will be sent to jail in their lifetime.

I wonder how Quake will dispute government numbers.

Doggystylin

Re:Jail Rate for Young Blacks Hits All-Time High
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 12:59:24 PM »
sad shit

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 01:11:38 PM »
ok it has to be said .....

if they would stop bein so fucking stupid and commiting these crimes they wouldnt be in prison

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 01:14:56 PM »
lmao^

yea but a lot of times they are put into a position where they are pressured to commit crimes, a black kid growin up in the ghetto, a white kid growin up in a middle class area, tell me whose most likely gonna commit more crimes? unless the kid goes psyco n sniffs cocaine and shoots up his school then its the black kid.

Sub-Z

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 01:23:28 PM »
boo fuckin hoo

dont give me that growin up in the ghetto bullshit,i dont care where youre from or how much money you have,if you commit a crime you have to accept the consequences no matter what

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 01:31:44 PM »
yeah ok man, you really put up an argument there, you sound like a pig, lol, obviously you dont understand the pressures and the desperate times of poverty.

you say "i dont care..." well how the hell is that defending your argument, now i bet no one cares if u care or not. u just couldnt respond so u get pissed off and say i dont care n u have to be punished? lol, go back to postin bout video games
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 01:32:45 PM by Doggy aka Pitbull »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 01:32:21 PM »
lmao^

yea but a lot of times they are put into a position where they are pressured to commit crimes, a black kid growin up in the ghetto, a white kid growin up in a middle class area, tell me whose most likely gonna commit more crimes? unless the kid goes psyco n sniffs cocaine and shoots up his school then its the black kid.

True, many blacks are raised in bad conditions and negative atmospheres, which mold their personality and beahviour accordingly.  Ofcourse a guy from a poor ghetto is more likely to commit a crime than a rich/middle class person, given the circumstances.  I'm not saying you can "justify" their crimes or anything though, because being human we have the ability to change, learn and grow, but its very hard for a poor guy not to steal for example, he does it cuz, well hes poor.  

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sub-Z

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2003, 01:38:52 PM »
lmfao

damn siavash what ever happened to you

all these blacks gettin put in jail should learn some fuckin self control

i dont care if youre black,white,mexican,asian or what,where you grow up is not a excuse for commiting a crime.its their own decision to make but if they make the wrong one they deserve to be punished accordingly

its that simple

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2003, 02:25:22 PM »
lmfao

damn siavash what ever happened to you

all these blacks gettin put in jail should learn some fuckin self control

i dont care if youre black,white,mexican,asian or what,where you grow up is not a excuse for commiting a crime.its their own decision to make but if they make the wrong one they deserve to be punished accordingly

its that simple

1.Take a sociology course.
2.Study inequalities and class.
3.Grow the fuck up you racist piece of shit.

It's that simple.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2003, 02:43:41 PM »
lmao! keep it up my niggaz! haha

and whos this foo talkin, look it aint easy livin for blacks, ppl say thats bullshit but if you was black you would understand, i aint sayin life is hard for all blacks, but nuff niggaz cumin from hard situations n shit, i know i gotta hard life to, thats why im tryna work hard n shit yet still cant get a job. maybe if i ticked the box sayin "white" on the job applications i would get the job, i dunno.

anyways, yeah i agree wit wat ya sayin, if ya deal in crime ya gotta be ready to take the conseqeunces of it, but its on how we raised up and how we looked on in society for time is what makes shit mo tuff, but u wouldnt undastand a niggaz life.

but i do agree, sum ppl are plain dumb with wat they do.

peace

Sub-Z

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 02:46:25 PM »
im racist? thats news to me

ok i guess we should make it like this

IF YOURE BLACK AND OR POOR DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT,WE'LL JUST LET IT SLIDE,NO BIG DEAL

lmao,everyone has a mind of their own,and if they choose to commit a crime then they have to face the circumstances no matter what their race may be

poor people might be more tempted to commit crime but noone has a gun to their head making them do it,so i think this is all a case of self control,maybe you should grow up and realize that

Kaidy

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2003, 02:51:33 PM »
As well as the obvious sociological aspects of poverty leading to crime, another point is that richer (often white) people who commit big crimes, white collar-crimes that have terrible lasting effects, aren't chased and prosecuted like poor criminals plus they can get better representation and make better deals. So don't think its only poor Black guys commiting crimes, they're just the ones who can't beat an unfair system.

Sub-Z

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2003, 02:55:50 PM »
this isnt about black in that case,its more about poor people as a whole just happens that there are nore poor blacks than whites ( ihave a theory about that but i will never share it with any of you because you cant handle the truth  :)  )

Quakaveli

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2003, 02:57:55 PM »
As well as the obvious sociological aspects of poverty leading to crime, another point is that richer (often white) people who commit big crimes, white collar-crimes that have terrible lasting effects, aren't chased and prosecuted like poor criminals plus they can get better representation and make better deals. So don't think its only poor Black guys commiting crimes, they're just the ones who can't beat an unfair system.

Worrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2003, 03:01:10 PM »
tru dat
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME