Author Topic: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)  (Read 16234 times)

woof

Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:23:10 PM »

Compton: The Soundtrack will be out on August 7th

DubCNN News story

Production Credits & Discussion

Itunes pre-order

1) Intro
2) Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus)
3) Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4) It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5) All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6) Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7) Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
8) Issues (feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
9) Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
10) Jon Connor – One Shot One Kill (feat. Snoop Dogg)
11) The Game – Just Another Day (feat. Asia Bryant)
12) For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
13) Satisfiction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14) Animals (feat. Anderson Paak)
15) Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
16) Talking To My Diary

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:49:09 PM by Jome »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Compton A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre (Tracklist + Artwork)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »
Really looking forward to this, especially the track with 187.  The production credits are more important than the features, though, imo.  How much Dre involvement musically in the studio?  Still, I'm fiendin'.  Hopefully not too pop/commercial.

Thanks.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
Finaly the Wait is over !History 2015 Aftermath

dameons

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:30:12 PM »
Ambroscius on 4 tracks ..whiteboy Justus on 3...King Mez ?! Ughh..No Ren ?  No Daz or Kurupt. .3 good tracks and the rest will be R and B type skippers like the Aftermath Compliation.

woof

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:30:33 PM »
Loose Cannons

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
CANT WAIT  8) 8) 8)
Im fuckin excited for this

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »
Ambroscius on 4 tracks ..whiteboy Justus on 3...King Mez ?! Ughh..No Ren ?  No Daz or Kurupt. .3 good tracks and the rest will be R and B type skippers like the Aftermath Compliation.

Agree that it's messed up that Ren seems to subtly be getting erased from the history books.  He's not really part of promotion, either in the marketing or as a character in the film, and now he's not even featured on the soundtrack.   :-\  Weird how he's getting the short end of the stick.  Wonder if he was uncooperative or something throughout this process.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
its happening! 8) 8) 8)

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:41 PM »
this looks awful why no ren or why is fuckin eminem on that? or where da hell is Crooked I?  we all know he´s a part of the Ghostwriting team but a verse would be dope and that faggot lamar bitch is getting 3 feats.? what the heck? fuckin gayassdre..

Bandida

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 05:05:52 PM »
I'm not surprised at the lack of formidable nwaesque/era artists....
I'm pissed that I don't see no eazy e 3 or lil eazy or omg or Curtis young....
But when the two main movers in relation to production of the film n soundtrack both left bwa at their height, it doesn't surprise me that they got white boys, snoopsnoop and other ppl I've never heard of....

This is not going to reflect eazys skills as a rapper, businessman or father of gangsta rap, no matter how he's depicted in the movie or reffeted to in songs off the album....

Love theLove artwork, but it would of looked better as a shot from the middle of the city spanning up and out toward the hollywoodesque Compton sign.....

If I gave a fuck, I'd boyboycot the entire thing and everything related to it.....

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 05:47:11 PM »
Strange track list, but it'll bang nonetheless

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 05:55:07 PM »
This ISN'T the soundtrack.  This is Dre's own project. 

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 05:57:12 PM »
This ISN'T the soundtrack.  This is Dre's own project. 

it's pretty much the only thing that'll drop in relation to the movie in terms of music...it says soundtrack on the cover and a song on it is confirmed to be played during the closing credits.

B.A.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 06:12:35 PM »
See man, that's what the fuck I was referring to when I posted in the "Dr. Dre "inspired by the film" soundtrack..." thread earlier today, about whether the album was really going to be inspired by time and the music that the movie is based on or if it was just gonna be a cover up for Dre to push his album now that the film has everyone's attention. The track list and features aren't bad at all for a new Dr. Dre album, it's whatever, he can do whatever he wants on his new album but when it's the "inspired by the film" soundtrack and you got Marsha Ambrosius on 4 tracks but no Ren (and I'm sure Yella had no part in any of the production duties either) there's something wrong. Then you got a bunch of people I have never heard of or give a shit about. Kendrick and Eminem, they coo, don't mind them, the most interesting tracks are the one with Cube and the one with Xzibit and Cold187 but that's about all that I can say I'm excited about. Yeah Snoop is there but that don't mean much nowadays, I hope Dogg brought his A game so he'll at least be half-assed dope. Game eats, sleeps, and breathes N.W.A, you know he probably contributed something worth listening to. Not one N.W.A reunion track??? Tha Dogg Pound? they were a big part of the Death Row days...nothing??? For some reason this smells of older music that was to be on Dre's album except for maybe a couple that might have been recorded for the soundtrack like having Cold187 get on with Xzibit; and getting Cold187 on it doesn't give Dre a pass for everything else wrong with the album.

Can't say I'm surprised that it seems like it's gonna be that kind of an album but it's still disappointing. Dre could have put out his album whenever but the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack only has this one shot, right now, that it. It has the potential to be something great while paying homage and capturing that era of music but the opportunity seems like it's being used to push Dre's music :grumpy:.

Fuck it, I just hope the movies good, that's all I care about, we still got our classics from back in the day to bump whenever we want. I hope I'm wrong and that the soundtrack is what it is supposed to be and that the movie isn't just being used for it's hype so that Dre could finally put out the music he had no confidence in before. But like Eazy-E once said, "...but once a Bitch, is always a Bitch, and now the fuckin' switch...", Eazy is probably going to be right again. Rest in peace E.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:15:55 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

djbeto

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
man this just kiiled the whole vibe, now even having second thoughts on the movie. where is dr dre's head at.