Author Topic: what was everyone's favorite part of the N.w.A movie?  (Read 632 times)

bouli77

Re: what was everyone's favorite part of the N.w.A movie?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
Rewatched it, another thing I notice

after Dr. Dre gets bailed out for punching someone (not for speeding tickets) apparently they rewrote it so that Dr. Dre came up with the idea for a record label, and eazy to leave the drug game and getting into music and having the group HBO, when from what I remember Eazy already started rethinking Gang life after his brother died or some shit, and Eazy already had HBO or some shit. I guess Eazy bailing Dr. Dre out and having him owe him production is still a sore point for Dre. They didn't even come up credit with Eazy coming up with the name.

yeah I wondered the same thing too when I saw the film. In my mind it was pretty clear that Eazy was the mastermind behind all of this and that Dre only convinced him to pick up rapping. But I'm no expert so I wasn't sure but I thought the same thing.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 06:52:38 PM »
the Bus scene when that kid gets checked, honestly if more of that type of shit was going on today, be a lot less bitch made people.

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 11:02:10 PM »
the Bus scene when that kid gets checked, honestly if more of that type of shit was going on today, be a lot less bitch made people.

that scene was a good look for Compton Menace... dude is getting calls for TV shows now

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 01:42:36 AM »

that scene was a good look for Compton Menace... dude is getting calls for TV shows now
That dudes FIRST ALBUM WAS SLAMMING SON, I LOVED That fucking record.

Jay_J

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 07:02:41 AM »
it was the scene that dre was trying to find correct lead melody for nuthin but a g thang's chorus.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
it was the scene that dre was trying to find correct lead melody for nuthin but a g thang's chorus.
Thats what tripped me out to because G Thangs melody, synths are all from the original Funk song he sampled for that record. but the movie made it check it out

< That has the baseline, The synth, everything.

Honestly you could debate that He was just trying to rework it because Dre is known for recreating the sounds, but the movie makes it appear like he made it himself.

You know what's funny to me, this movie was a hit, critically acclaimed (to an extent), and it's accuracy wasn't on point for the bulk of stuff.

and again like everyone else I liked it. lol
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:57:58 AM by Blasphemy »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 05:49:48 PM »

^^^^who can listen to this without thinking of that Dr Dre scene now?^^^^

That's one of Dre's favorite songs. He actually did a great song using that sample but it remained unreleased

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

EAZY-LI

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

That's one of Dre's favorite songs. He actually did a great song using that sample but it remained unreleased

Yeah i know about that that song its on a detox mixtape i brought like 10 years ago. good looking out though.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 02:22:59 AM »

Yeah i know about that that song its on a detox mixtape i brought like 10 years ago. good looking out though.

Yeah.. that "Smoke Weed" song Dre made was one of Dre's best unreleased solo's.  The way it was written it almost sounds like it only goes up to his Death Row days and not into the Aftermath era, like it could be as old as 95' or 96'...

...Also, everybody should remember the song sampled also sampled in "Front Back, Side to Side" which was a huge Westside Connection banger from the mid-90's—or was that just some of the lyrics?

MY LIFE MY LIFE MY LIFE—DUCKIN ONE TIME!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 06:25:53 AM »

Yeah.. that "Smoke Weed" song Dre made was one of Dre's best unreleased solo's.  The way it was written it almost sounds like it only goes up to his Death Row days and not into the Aftermath era, like it could be as old as 95' or 96'...

...Also, everybody should remember the song sampled also sampled in "Front Back, Side to Side" which was a huge Westside Connection banger from the mid-90's—or was that just some of the lyrics?

are you talking about "West Up"- Pretty sure they say that line word for word from the song, but didn't sample it. WSC Did that on a lot of records, they always would use lyrics from Funk records either verbatim or put a G twist on the em.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »
My favorite part was when Eazy's in the booth learning how to rap and everyone's laughing at his flow.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »

it's got the early aftermath era sound.....prolly recorded late 1996-early 1997 around the time the compilation dropped.