Author Topic: what was everyone's favorite part of the N.w.A movie?  (Read 634 times)

EAZY-LI

what was everyone's favorite part of the N.w.A movie?
« on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
My was the introduction to Dr Dre lying on his bed listening Roy Ayers Everybody Loves the Sunshine playing the piano notes with his hands.
I loved all the intros to the members Eazy's,Dre's and Cubes i wish they could done a proper intro to ren and yella too with there
own songs in the background.

^^^^who can listen to this without thinking of that Dr Dre scene now?^^^^
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: what was everyone's favorite part of the N.w.A movie?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »
My was the introduction to Dr Dre lying on his bed listening Roy Ayers Everybody Loves the Sunshine playing the piano notes with his hands.
I loved all the intros to the members Eazy's,Dre's and Cubes i wish they could done a proper intro to ren and yella too with there
own songs in the background.

^^^^who can listen to this without thinking of that Dr Dre scene now?^^^^

Dre's opening was definitely one of my favorites...  

But I think the best scene was the one they reportedly added last to the movie.  It's the scene where Dre is with Pac in the studio and then goes and gets into it with Suge's goons in the next room.  Which ultimately leads to Dre riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie telling Suge he is going to call the label "Aftermath"—which I thought was the perfect ending.

As you would notice from the pic/Avatar, Dre leaving Death Row and the events of 96' have always captured my imagination.  It effected my own life and the way I saw the world when it happened back in 96.  Getting to watch that play out on the big screen was a great joy for me.  That meant more to me personally than any of the NWA stuff in the movie.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LONDON!!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »
i can't pick a favorite scene, but the funniest scene & i'm not trying too be funny or nuthin, but the funniest scene is when cube's munchng on a burger & heller & eazy are doing there thing at that posh resturant munching on the finest cuisine & cubes like, "how come i'm eating burgers & y'all dining on lobsters and shit", that shit was crazy, ha ha, jheeze, big up cube & rip too eazy, legend up in this bitch, i'm gone 
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:48:03 PM »
Cube performing Gangsta Gangsta in the club  8)

Of course I've always liked the musical portions when it comes to music biopics. My favorite non-musical moment was probably the Bus scene when that kid gets checked, honestly if more of that type of shit was going on today, be a lot less bitch made people.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »
the Bus scene when that kid gets checked, honestly if more of that type of shit was going on today, be a lot less bitch made people.

real talk
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »
I liked the parts in the studio where they're actually working on the music, and also what led to Fuck Tha Police.  And that new leaked demo just makes it more interesting.

I remembered this morning how JJ Fad's album came out close to S.O.C., and I looked it up, it actually came out a month before!  Was JJ Fad even mentioned in the film?  So S.O.C. was not Ruthless Records first album release!

YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »

But I think the best scene was the one they reportedly added last to the movie.  It's the scene where Dre is with Pac in the studio and then goes and gets into it with Suge's goons in the next room.  Which ultimately leads to Dre riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie telling Suge he is going to call the label "Aftermath"—which I thought was the perfect ending.

As you would notice from the pic/Avatar, Dre leaving Death Row and the events of 96' have always captured my imagination.  It effected my own life and the way I saw the world when it happened back in 96.  Getting to watch that play out on the big screen was a great joy for me.  That meant more to me personally than any of the NWA stuff in the movie.

that scene is the most ridiculous scene of the movie, cliché and corny as can be. not to mention that it's completely chronologically and factually inaccurate and not credible one second. it makes Dre look like a bully with Suge's goons when he has always been known as a kind of music nerd and a recluse.

my favorite scene are the musical portions, especially Cube performing Gangsta Gangsta and all of them performing We Want Eazy...

EAZY-LI

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

But I think the best scene was the one they reportedly added last to the movie.  It's the scene where Dre is with Pac in the studio and then goes and gets into it with Suge's goons in the next room.  Which ultimately leads to Dre riding off into the sunset at the end of the movie telling Suge he is going to call the label "Aftermath"—which I thought was the perfect ending.

As you would notice from the pic/Avatar, Dre leaving Death Row and the events of 96' have always captured my imagination.  It effected my own life and the way I saw the world when it happened back in 96.  Getting to watch that play out on the big screen was a great joy for me.  That meant more to me personally than any of the NWA stuff in the movie.

that scene is the most ridiculous scene of the movie, cliché and corny as can be. not to mention that it's completely chronologically and factually inaccurate and not credible one second. it makes Dre look like a bully with Suge's goons when he has always been known as a kind of music nerd and a recluse.

my favorite scene are the musical portions, especially Cube performing Gangsta Gangsta and all of them performing We Want Eazy...

yeah i agree it was corny as hell. wish theye were more honest and just told it like it really was that dre was scared and didn't like how deathrow was being run. its not like the
way it really went down makes dre look bad it was smart for him to leave.
I was Disappointed that the dre and eazy beef wasn't in it. 
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »
Yeah, I didn't much like the revisionist history of Dre's departure either and I'm one of his biggest fans.  They should have played up Dre's regrets about the NWA break equally to the way they played Eazy's.  If you are going to take creative liberties with the facts, at least, make it more dramatically compelling by having both men put in a situation they didn't like. Two guys who grew in the business together divided by two outsiders who got in their ears.

Blood$

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 09:05:56 PM »
I loved Eazy's intro, also thought a real funny part was when Cube said "You're kind of being a hoe right now, Eric"  :laugh:

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 10:34:18 PM »
I feel like I one of the few that thought the movie was a corny, poorly written over acted rewrite of hip hop history. Very disappointing, and the fact that I keep hearing Oscar nod is laughable.
Then again I’ve come to realize that I’m really not into the modern day writing of today’s “dramas”.

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
I feel like I one of the few that thought the movie was a corny, poorly written over acted rewrite of hip hop history. Very disappointing, and the fact that I keep hearing Oscar nod is laughable.
Then again I’ve come to realize that I’m really not into the modern day writing of today’s “dramas”.

well I definitely agree with some of what you said (corny, poorly written, manichean) and said it in the thread dedicated to the film. but I still enjoyed it for what it was and was lenient on the major flaws of the movie based on the fact that most of my reproaches were more from a fan standpoint (chronological and factual accuracy) and philosophic standpoint (a revisionist effort and vanity project by Cube and Dre) than an actual cinematographic standpoint (even though as I said the screenplay is manichean and simplistic and as such, poorly written). However, I tried to judge the movie from the point of view of someone who didn't know anything about NWA, and thought that it was entertaining and a good incentive to get to know NWA's music. So all in all, I think it's an entertaining film a bit dishonest but well executed (Cube's son and Giamatti really stood out imo, Yella's, Dre's and Ren's actors were quite insipid though) that gets the job done. you can't expect too much nowadays from Hollywood. so it's pretty decent film. not very good, not excellent, but entertaining.

I don't think it's Oscar material either, although Oscars nowadays is nothing more than hype and heavy networking.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 12:48:15 AM »
I loved Eazy's intro, also thought a real funny part was when Cube said "You're kind of being a hoe right now, Eric"  :laugh:
"I don't even have a car" line got hella laughs at the theater  was in.

Honestly with all the documentaries dedicated to the group, the individual members, plus all the interviews through out the years, the movie was basically a simple ass version of events. N.W.A forms, records some songs that cause controversy and brought Gangsta rap into the mainstream, the group gets extremely popular despite no radio play, something the film does not portray at all. Don't get me wrong they portrayed some of the protest, and controversy over there lyrics, but from what I remember they never mentioned once how the SOC music video was originally banned, and how none of there records even the clean reworded versions never got airplay.

anyways, they made the movie essentially to entertain, almost everyone has stated that to capture N.W.A's era would essentially amount to Mini-series and with all the available stories, footage, interviews, from people around them and more importantly them themselves during that Era, anyone can find the truth, the real emotions, and real anger and the fake bullshit they all went through.

But really this was just a Cube and Dre vanity project, seriously they portrayed themselves as hardcore motherfuckers, while Eazy E got fucked and shat on in the entire film.

Case and point right off the top: Them driving through the riots, if I remember correctly they had Eazy E sitting at home in his mansion while Dr. Dre and Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg are rolling through the riots LOL Bullshit, there is documented footage of Ice Cube giving a interview during the riots, no way nor any reason any of them would ever go into such a chaotic environment.

based off Memory

Eazy E's introduction is him running from the police, after getting doubled crossed in a drug deal, saved by The police indirectly via the batter ram.

When Boyz is being played, via the radio station, F Garry gray in his cameo states "I got to give it up to my boy Dr. Dre, who's coming with Comptons Eazy E" or some bullshit. If you've seen any of the old footage of N.W.A Eazy E was the most notable in the group simply because he was 'the character" IE that was his position, to be the face of it.

Eazy E being soft through out the whole film, Seriously, you look at any of the old interviews, footage, home vids you can find, Eazy's attitude was more "I don't really give a fuck" meanwhile the character in the flick seems to have more issues with control.

Everyone bitches and complain about Ren and Yella being regulated but when you rewatch the film, you notice that Dr. Dre and Ice cube essentially received more air time then Eazy.

Then they get more successful, and have Eazy cry when he sees 3 million sold, when in reality Eazy E got money off the Chronic, motherfucker would probably be smiling.

To top that off, Dr. Dre and cube are portrayed as doing movies/movie soundtracks while he ends up cutting up weed, and downsizing when in reality Ruthless was thriving, had multiple multiple successful acts (ATL, Bone)

Then he finds out Jerry stealing via his Wife relooking over all the paper work

Then he dieds of aids.

Then you look at the final montage and it's mainly about Cube and Dr. Dre's success, Eazy has maybe 1 line, MC Ren and Yella are completely left out

The best part is this entire project is pure balls. Seriously everything about them since the Boyz n the Hood record was documented. hell listen to Tupac's final album he disses the shit outta Dr. Dre, look up Eazy after watching this you're gonna end up finding "It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa" by Eazy, the reasons why Dr. Dre left Death Row, and what ended up happening.

I enjoyed the film, I liked it a lot, It's entertainment to me, real fans gonna love it because it's just N.W.A, mainstream faggots are gonna be on it because it's new and "Retro" for a while before they move on, and new fans are gonna end up digging into the archives and find all the truths about these guys, they'll end up watching all the old interviews.

It did what the producers wanted it to do. Make them look good, Dre, Cube and Tomica all came out looking good in the film and get the brand out there for the next generation. Cube's got films coming out the woodwork, Dr. Dre is close to becoming raps first billionaire, and Tomica gets more exposure for Eazy's Brand because the stupid bitch doesn't do shit with the label (IE she's gonna make more money off record sales). None of em probably give a fuck and were just wanting to make something that sells and it worked. Highest grossing film by a black director.

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »
Wait so let me get this straight... hardcore fans hated it -  and casuals and new fans loved it?  Shocking  ::)
Is it any different with other music biopics? 

This was a movie, not a documentary so the story stretching is to be expected.  Hollywood films have a formula (3 acts) and they did a nice job with the script.  I thought it was cool to see those rap superheros get some shine in the Hollywood limelight.  Very entertaining movie.

I loved the scene when CUBE went to Priority with his goons and smashed up the execs office.  I'm thinking that inspired Cube's verse on Issues.   

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 12:12:29 AM »
Rewatched it, another thing I notice

after Dr. Dre gets bailed out for punching someone (not for speeding tickets) apparently they rewrote it so that Dr. Dre came up with the idea for a record label, and eazy to leave the drug game and getting into music and having the group HBO, when from what I remember Eazy already started rethinking Gang life after his brother died or some shit, and Eazy already had HBO or some shit. I guess Eazy bailing Dr. Dre out and having him owe him production is still a sore point for Dre. They didn't even come up credit with Eazy coming up with the name.