Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24032 times)

Mr.(Ko)Kane

Re: Snoop Dogg - New Album coming soon (July)
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2016, 02:20:35 AM »
Tracklist :

1 Legend 3:47
2 Ten Toes Down 4:07
3 Don't Stop (feat. Too Short) 3:41
4 Super Crip 3:46
5 Coolaid Man 3:27
6 Let Me See Em Up (feat. Swizz Beatz) 3:57
7 Point Seen Money Gone (feat. Jeremih) 4:19
8 Oh Na Na (feat. Wiz Khalifa) 3:21
9 My Carz 3:37
10 Two Or More 3:53
11 Affiliated (feat. Trick Trick) 4:08
12 Feel About Snoop 2:52
13 Light It Up (feat. Swizz Beatz) 4:32
14 Side Piece 4:53
15 Kush Ups (feat. Wiz Khalifa) 3:57
16 Double Tap (feat. E-40 & Jazze Pha) 3:17
17 Got Those 3:31
18 Let the Beat Drop (Celebrate) [feat. Swizz Beatz] 4:24
19 What If (feat. Suga Free) 3:27
20 Revolution (feat. October London) 4:12

why snoop loves these long albums?!

A short one could be better IMO.

He learned it from master p

than f.ck master p...

I don't think Master P is to blame here. Just look at "Tha Doggfather", 21 tracks including intro and outro.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2016, 02:35:25 AM »
Is it just me who finds it a bit sad or at least disappointing that on an album with 20 tracks and that's supposed to be a return to his old style (for better or worse), Snoop did not bother to feature a single DPGC on here? I have mixed feelings about this. One, perhaps dragging along your nowhere-going buddies (if they still are that) for the ride is not the best policy. Certainly, rappers are more or less expected to bring their 'weed carriers' even though that often adds little to the proceedings. However, if Snoop claims to be 'King of the Westcoast' and the centre of DPG, certainly he should help and showcase his musical family as he has generally done in the past? That being said: say what you will about his integrity but Snoop has always been someone to move forward, change, adapt and take risks while his fellow DPGC are pretty muck stuck in the past in terms of musical direction, much like the westcoast in general. From that perspective, I could see why Snoop feels there is little to gain from continuing to push 'friends from music past' with no real clout in hiphop. He's certainly given them enough chances already and the nostalgia of his listeners should not factor in to his decisions. I certainly hope that Snoop's decision to at least expand musically and altogether put in more of an effort shows up here too. (An example of that effort would be his verse on Kokane's last album, which was nearly up there with 'One Shot, One Kill' in terms of energy and left me very impressed. If he's willing to show that much hunger on a Kokane album (face it, how many casual or even dedicated listeners to hiphop are going to hear that?), I'd say that bodes well for his edge on here. Let's hope so, anyway.  
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

HighEyeCue

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2016, 06:08:07 AM »
yeah you would think Snoop would learn that less is more

But I'm sure that if Doggystyle had 21 tracks they all would be bangin tho 8)

Marco

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2016, 06:48:33 PM »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:55:56 PM by hovsince96 »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Sccit

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2016, 06:55:10 PM »
Official Production credits:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=324139

No Dre or Quik is disappointing, but nice to see Daz and fingazz

Marco

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »
Official Production credits:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=324139

No Dre or Quik is disappointing, but nice to see Daz and fingazz

:-\ Really, but nice to see Fingaz, Daz, Rockwilder, Just Blaze (he did two beats on the album), Timbaland and Nottz. 8)

PLANT

« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2016, 04:03:57 AM »
Looks good, I think the album will have a good sound to it...Hopefully Snoop brings it

Mr. Theo

« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2016, 05:30:54 AM »
this album will bang..(according with the snippets)

Swizz Beats sent these beats to Snoop...back in 2011 (after, this year(2016)..Snoop flew to NY to finish those tracks)

Probably Watch The Throne leftovers...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:32:56 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2016, 10:05:07 AM »

Swizz Beats sent these beats to Snoop...back in 2011 (after, this year(2016)..Snoop flew to NY to finish those tracks)

You talk about instagram snippets or there is a place to listen to "proper" snippets?

Mr. Theo

« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »

You talk about instagram snippets or there is a place to listen to "proper" snippets?

IG and Facebook snippets with 1 minute or more of length

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »
Don't stop feat Too Short, produced by Nottz  8) 8)

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »
Is it just me who finds it a bit sad or at least disappointing that on an album with 20 tracks and that's supposed to be a return to his old style (for better or worse), Snoop did not bother to feature a single DPGC on here? I have mixed feelings about this. One, perhaps dragging along your nowhere-going buddies (if they still are that) for the ride is not the best policy. Certainly, rappers are more or less expected to bring their 'weed carriers' even though that often adds little to the proceedings. However, if Snoop claims to be 'King of the Westcoast' and the centre of DPG, certainly he should help and showcase his musical family as he has generally done in the past? That being said: say what you will about his integrity but Snoop has always been someone to move forward, change, adapt and take risks while his fellow DPGC are pretty muck stuck in the past in terms of musical direction, much like the westcoast in general. From that perspective, I could see why Snoop feels there is little to gain from continuing to push 'friends from music past' with no real clout in hiphop. He's certainly given them enough chances already and the nostalgia of his listeners should not factor in to his decisions. I certainly hope that Snoop's decision to at least expand musically and altogether put in more of an effort shows up here too. (An example of that effort would be his verse on Kokane's last album, which was nearly up there with 'One Shot, One Kill' in terms of energy and left me very impressed. If he's willing to show that much hunger on a Kokane album (face it, how many casual or even dedicated listeners to hiphop are going to hear that?), I'd say that bodes well for his edge on here. Let's hope so, anyway.  

I get what your point is and it surely looks like he doesn't care about DPG looking at this track list. But to be honest, he is doing more music with the DPG camp lately than ever. Just look at all the "That's That Work" mixtapes and other projects, which feature his old camp as well as many young cats. His solo albums always are more experimental and I see why he's doing his own thing with it. Actually Daz and Kurupt left me underwhelmed with their features on "7 Day of Funk", I'd rather wanted Snoop to do their verses as they didn't get into the right vibe on their tracks.

I didn't hear that Kokane track yet, but will do after your comment. Snoop seems to be hungry right now, dropping all those fire and energetic verses lately. Seems like his mind set is back to showcase his rapping skill instead of having a good time while making music.

Sccit

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2016, 03:39:21 PM »

I get what your point is and it surely looks like he doesn't care about DPG looking at this track list. But to be honest, he is doing more music with the DPG camp lately than ever. Just look at all the "That's That Work" mixtapes and other projects, which feature his old camp as well as many young cats. His solo albums always are more experimental and I see why he's doing his own thing with it. Actually Daz and Kurupt left me underwhelmed with their features on "7 Day of Funk", I'd rather wanted Snoop to do their verses as they didn't get into the right vibe on their tracks.

I didn't hear that Kokane track yet, but will do after your comment. Snoop seems to be hungry right now, dropping all those fire and energetic verses lately. Seems like his mind set is back to showcase his rapping skill instead of having a good time while making music.

I thought the DPG track on 7 dayz of funk was the best one

Marco

« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
Don't stop feat Too Short, produced by Nottz  8) 8)

Dope track. 8)

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #134 on: June 24, 2016, 05:55:15 AM »

Out July 1st on Doggystyle Records

1. “Legend”
2. “Ten Toes Down”
3. “Don’t Stop” Feat. Too Short
4. “Super Crip”
5. “Coolaid Man”