Author Topic: OG Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle (Bernie Grundman mastering tape 11/10/93)  (Read 3690 times)

We Fly High

thought this would be interesting to share with you guys

Picked this up a few years ago. A master cassette from Bernie Grundman Mastering Studio of the Doggy Style album which predates the actual release

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:29:14 PM by We Fly High »

SniggidySnipes

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
Whats the tracklisting?

Portugoal

That's a nice collecters item!  :)
How different is it from the actual release(s)?

Young Dan Iza

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
does it have "you know what" on it?

Sccit

I presume it doesn't have next episode og or he woulda said

Soopafly DPGC

Since it was on the tracklist for the first OG copies, I imagine it was pretty late in the process when the track was pulled.  You would think the prerelease mastered version would have that song on there. 

Sccit

The date on this master is only 13 days before the actual release .. This is probably the master they sent in for the first pressing

Soopafly DPGC

The date on this master is only 13 days before the actual release .. This is probably the master they sent in for the first pressing

Good point, I didn't realize the date was so close.  Yeah the track had to have been pulled by that point.  Would be nice to have the master from a few months earlier.

HighEyeCue

Next Episode is on my tracklisting but its actually the Sam Sneed skit when played

I remember someone on the forum claimed for years that it was actually on their copy of Doggystyle :laugh:

Sccit

Next Episode is on my tracklisting but its actually the Sam Sneed skit when played

I remember someone on the forum claimed for years that it was actually on their copy of Doggystyle :laugh:

Yes, jake .. He was trollin before trollin was a thing. He said he bought a copy off eBay and the cd was red wit next episode og in it. When asked to upload it, he said he had a 28k modem .. I wonder if he still runnin wit that one

HighEyeCue

Yes, jake .. He was trollin before trollin was a thing. He said he bought a copy off eBay and the cd was red wit next episode og in it. When asked to upload it, he said he had a 28k modem .. I wonder if he still runnin wit that one

ah yeah, I think I remember him now from when I used to lurk the forum before I signed up...he was jakedoggydogg or something similar

Sccit

Bigjakedoggydogg and then Don Jacob

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Hahaha classic dubcc moment

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Eminem will be bigger than Michael Jackson as long as he doesn't change."

-Dre, Rolling Stones mag 1999 Em cover

Hack Wilson - real

OP needs to give more details

Sccit

OP needs to give more details

He made another post with a rare snoop track and then deleted it

???

FUCK-YOU-BItch

some punk got The Next Episode Og IN CDQ???

Sccit

He's been sharing it through pm

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
Yep and this same guy also released some real rare Crooked I track called Still The Same or something too...saw it on another forum.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

I have still an mc OG and this in cdq

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline

I have still an mc OG and this in cdq

Yeah that's the name of the one I just mentioned above. I was surprised how dope it was!!!!!

Efrain

Wait, really?

Sccit

Wait, really?

check your pm

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The Main Underground Stream
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Sccit

chrjs

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Send it to me please!