Author Topic: When Suge decided to invite Jon B to record with 2Pac  (Read 1355 times)

love33

When Suge decided to invite Jon B to record with 2Pac
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:06:04 AM »
This was a genious idea and it became one of the best.combinations in the history of hip hop -- these two shouldve dropped a 12 track album like R Kelly & Jay-Z did when they lit the whole industry on fire!

kthugg

Re: When Suge decided to invite Jon B to record with 2Pac
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:54:08 AM »
They only did 1 track didnt they? R u still dwn?? Jon b sounds horrible on that track to me, never teally heard anything else by him.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:20:22 AM »
They only did 1 track didnt they? R u still dwn?? Jon b sounds horrible on that track to me, never teally heard anything else by him.

he was on "Sunshine" with Kurupt from Space Boogie as well...he had a few solo hits in the 90's, nothing really that stood out
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:22:20 AM by HighEyeCue »

EFFeX

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 03:43:47 AM »
This was a genious idea and it became one of the best.combinations in the history of hip hop -- these two shouldve dropped a 12 track album like R Kelly & Jay-Z did when they lit the whole industry on fire!

You are literally the only person that brought Jon B up in a conversation in over 15 years.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 02:06:24 PM »
Jon B back in the 90's was like a poor mans Babyface. Babyface actually signed him along with Pebbles. Cool Relax went 3x Platinum. He had some dope records back in the day. Cool songs with PAC, Kurupt and others

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »

You are literally the only person that brought Jon B up in a conversation in over 15 years.

haha

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 05:44:01 PM »
Jon B back in the 90's was like a poor mans Babyface. Babyface actually signed him along with Pebbles. Cool Relax went 3x Platinum. He had some dope records back in the day. Cool songs with PAC, Kurupt and others
that joint he had with kurupt was dope.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »
Jon b was dope

A collab album wit pac woulda been classic

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »
He was nice ...my favorite tracks are
and

love33

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:22:55 AM »
This was the big pussy grab hit that had the clubs on FIRE

He should've got Daz Dillinger to spit the 3rd verse! Or Too Short or Luda! Or Young Chris from Young Gunz!
Maybe we can get them to add the third verse Hip Hop Remix!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »

he was on "Sunshine" with Kurupt from Space Boogie as well...he had a few solo hits in the 90's, nothing really that stood out

"They Don't Know" was huge in the 90s
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »

"They Don't Know" was huge in the 90s
Yeah it was a big slow jam at the time. Convenient that it was the B-side to Are U Still Down, so the single got you all you needed or cared to hear from him.

I remember seeing Jon B at the Thousand Oaks Mall back in the day around that time. Funny because my older brother stopped listening to r&b and hip hop in the mid-90s when he went off to college (and was mostly around white kids who listened to Green Day or whatever) so when he saw him, he was like, "look at that white guy's beard" (because that was rare for white guy's to have at that time) and I was like, oh shit it's Jon B. But I tried to explain who he was to my brother but he didn't give a shit haha.