Author Topic: Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)  (Read 3469 times)

love33

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:13:42 AM »
They both recorded it on Tha Row and then Daz released the track and added Joe Buddens

Young Doobie Version ft Danny Boy

Daz Version ft Jagged Edge

kuruptDPG

Re: Caught up in the Game (Daz version vs Doobie version)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:16:54 AM »
I am pretty sure daz clearly has this song in the vault and decided to copy it

Montana Mob

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:49:13 AM »
Are both songs sampled? I've tried searching Who Sampled Who and there are no records. Danny Boy's singing sounds familar

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »

the deele- just my luck

Quadruple OG

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:48:19 AM »
They both recorded it on Tha Row and then Daz released the track and added Joe Buddens

Wrong. Daz recorded it in 2006-07

love33

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 01:34:45 AM »

Wrong. Daz recorded it in 2006-07

Nah, they both recorded it on Tha Row -- it was unreleased -- Tha Row had their artists record MULTIPLE versions of the same song -- there were 5 versions of Nuthin But A G' Thang for example (this happened with a lot of tracks, but just one example) -- Daz took the track with him and he added Joe Buddens (he stole the "RAW" album from Suge, and he stole Soopafly's album, and Pac tracks, and other stuff) -- Suge said there was stolen material off this album in an interview -- he re-released it on his own label in 2007 with Buddens

Jay Wallace

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Nah, they both recorded it on Tha Row -- it was unreleased -- Tha Row had their artists record MULTIPLE versions of the same song -- there were 5 versions of Nuthin But A G' Thang for example (this happened with a lot of tracks, but just one example) -- Daz took the track with him and he added Joe Buddens (he stole the "RAW" album from Suge, and he stole Soopafly's album, and Pac tracks, and other stuff) -- Suge said there was stolen material off this album in an interview -- he re-released it on his own label in 2007 with Buddens
Daz didn't produce his version.  John Silva did.  Once again, you're using your imagination to create your own rumor. 

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 09:35:48 PM »
Daz didn't produce his version.  John Silva did.  Once again, you're using your imagination to create your own rumor. 

Ya, there's zero proof that Daz recorded any version of that song at Death Row.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
Ya, there's zero proof that Daz recorded any version of that song at Death Row.

This.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

love33

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 01:04:29 AM »

It's the SAME BEAT! Go LISTEN! All they did was make a minor tweak! Silva should be embarrassed to say he "produced" a Stolen Beat!

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 05:09:34 AM »
^^^Dude, it's called sampling - stop it.

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 08:17:40 AM »

dude keeps on embarrassing himself. lol. they just used the same damn loop, One God Cide have done it before them.

i take it he doesn't know about The Deele's Just My Luck (a group comprised, among others, of Babyface & LA Reid, two of the GOAT r&b producers  8))

dj coma

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 12:22:27 PM »

dude keeps on embarrassing himself. lol. they just used the same damn loop, One God Cide have done it before them.

i take it he doesn't know about The Deele's Just My Luck (a group comprised, among others, of Babyface & LA Reid, two of the GOAT r&b producers  8))

The sample, Just My Luck, is posted right above in this thread and the guy somehow still doesn't understand  ::)

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink, especially if it has blinders on

Jay Wallace

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
It's the SAME BEAT! Go LISTEN! All they did was make a minor tweak! Silva should be embarrassed to say he "produced" a Stolen Beat!
They aren't the SAME BEAT!  They are sampling the same track and chorus so they sound the same.  The same way, Street Dreams by Nas and All Eyez On Me by 2Pac sound like the same beat.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »
so why does daz name the song the same name as doobies song?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 02:46:06 PM »

Because Daz was in the studio bored and decided to build a time machine, travel back to 1999, and sit in studio sessions. He saw Doobie make a Daz joke, got heated, and decided to best way to get back at him was to use the same beat and song title in 2007, nearly a decade later.

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:21 PM »

purely coincidental and also goes to show how uninspired rappers are, always coming up with the same words to create rhymes

the original goes "Just my luck, you'll get caught up in the rain". he just changed the last word, and Doobie version did too. Nothing mindblowing.

In the same light, N2Deep and C-Note (of Botany Boyz) both recorded a song called "Making Cash Forever" interpolating Keith Sweat's Make It Last Forever. I doubt they were aware of each other's version at the time.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgVrLimwHVs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cgVrLimwHVs</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ytqjPcf18Uw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ytqjPcf18Uw</a>

Jay Wallace

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:19 PM »
And seeing as "Gangsta Party" was put out by High Power Entertainment (not Daz's Gangsta Advisory) and was entirely produced by John Silva, I'm guessing this was just a bunch of studio sessions paid for by Silva to make a one-time album.  If this was a track taken by Daz from his days at Death Row, he probably would have released it years prior like he did with "R.A.W." and "Dillinger & Young Gotti".

love33

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »

Exactly what I'm saying -- it's not the fact he sampled the same track -- Daz was the lead producer at Death Row when Doobie recorded it and decided to steal the concept and didn't even change the name of the song!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »
It's purely a coincidence as has been pointed out several times already in this thread. Daz's version was recorded in 2006-2007.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »
Exactly what I'm saying -- it's not the fact he sampled the same track -- Daz was the lead producer at Death Row when Doobie recorded it and decided to steal the concept and didn't even change the name of the song!

The problem is isn't the same track.  If Daz stole the track and tweaked it, it would have the same structure in terms of instrumentation (like the Dillinger & Young Gotti songs that he took from Death Row and redid).  It doesn't.  This is a new instrumental.  The beat is livelier and the chorus is completely different.  Danny Boy's has a more somber tone, is slower, and the lyrics are closer to The Deele version.  The Jagged Edge one is happier and has a repetitive punch to it.  Listen to them again.  Outside of sampling the same chorus and changing "rain" to "game", none of the lyrics are the same.  They aren't sang in the same way. 

You also seemed to have modified your original story.  Before you said, Daz recorded his version at Death Row, stole it, and used it on this album.  Now, you're saying Doobie recorded it and Daz stole the concept.  I already know you're completely full of shit but for the sake of helping you create a better fake story in another forum, go with the second lie next time.  Stealing the concept at least is feasible.  Stealing an old track and completely producing it again from scratch and changing the chorus then giving producer credit to somebody else is just pointless, especially when Daz has had no trouble with putting out old Death Row tracks before. 

So, for the sake of argument, Daz might have heard Doobie's version and decided almost a decade later to jack it but if he did, you wouldn't have any knowledge of. You weren't there.  Nobody in the know told you.  You didn't read about it or hear about it. You basically created an assumption and are trying to pass it off as being true.  You remind me of that Karceno guy who does those fake YouTube videos.  You have been a Death Row fan for probably 20 years and have watched and read all kinds of stuff so now you're using that info to create your own fan fiction and impress people who don't enough to spot the bullshit.   

dj coma

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 08:23:14 PM »
You also seemed to have modified your original story.  Before you said, Daz recorded his version at Death Row, stole it, and used it on this album.  Now, you're saying Doobie recorded it and Daz stole the concept.  I already know you're completely full of shit but for the sake of helping you create a better fake story in another forum, go with the second lie next time.  Stealing the concept at least is feasible.  Stealing an old track and completely producing it again from scratch and changing the chorus then giving producer credit to somebody else is just pointless, especially when Daz has had no trouble with putting out old Death Row tracks before. 

So, for the sake of argument, Daz might have heard Doobie's version and decided almost a decade later to jack it but if he did, you wouldn't have any knowledge of. You weren't there. Nobody in the know told you.  You didn't read about it or hear about it. You basically created an assumption and are trying to pass it off as being true.  You remind me of that Karceno guy who does those fake YouTube videos.  You have been a Death Row fan for probably 20 years and have watched and read all kinds of stuff so now you're using that info to create your own fan fiction and impress people who don't enough to spot the bullshit.   

Spot on, especially the 2nd paragraph. Kobane produced the Doobie version also, not Daz.

love33

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:06 AM »

The problem is isn't the same track.  If Daz stole the track and tweaked it, it would have the same structure in terms of instrumentation (like the Dillinger & Young Gotti songs that he took from Death Row and redid).  It doesn't.  This is a new instrumental.  The beat is livelier and the chorus is completely different.  Danny Boy's has a more somber tone, is slower, and the lyrics are closer to The Deele version.  The Jagged Edge one is happier and has a repetitive punch to it.  Listen to them again.  Outside of sampling the same chorus and changing "rain" to "game", none of the lyrics are the same.  They aren't sang in the same way. 

So, for the sake of argument, Daz might have heard Doobie's version and decided almost a decade later to jack it but if he did, you wouldn't have any knowledge of. You weren't there.  Nobody in the know told you.  You didn't read about it or hear about it. You basically created an assumption and are trying to pass it off as being true.  You remind me of that Karceno guy who does those fake YouTube videos.  You have been a Death Row fan for probably 20 years and have watched and read all kinds of stuff so now you're using that info to create your own fan fiction and impress people who don't enough to spot the bullshit.   

There's no assumption here --
FACT: Daz was the LEAD PRODUCER at Death Row Records when Doobie recorded that track -- Daz had visibility to that track and Death Row recorded multiple versions of the track
FACT: Daz stole multiple albums and tracks -- "RAW" was all Suge's music -- This was no different, it was a lead single on his solo album
OPINION: Yeah, the Daz version is way better! Of course I agree with that -- He took the track and made it better! Jagged Edge sounds clutch on his beat and he flows better than Doobie!

FACT: Death Row has a long and large history of this stuff:
FACT: Yes, people sample beats, but these are people on the SAME LABEL with almost identical sounds

2Pac "Toss It Up" <---> Dr. Dre "No Diggity"
Snoop Doggy Dogg "Snoopafella" <------> Top Dogg "Cindafella"
Young Doobie "I'm Country"  <---->  Chocolate Bandit "I'm Country"
Tha Dogg Pound "What We Go Through" ft. Warren G, & Bad Azz <----> Warren G ft. Bad Azz & Perfec
Tha Dogg Pound "I Luv" ft. Scarface & Too Short <-----> Scarface "I Luv" ft. Too Short, Daz, & Trick Daddy

OPINION:  You don't see Drake, YFN Lucci, Migos, etc. having to re-release or re-record or "tweak the beat" or whatever you want to call it's a hack move for a remake so why not call it a "Remix" instead of marketing it as an original first single, when there's nothing original about re-sampling a track that your label mate already did

In a LONG LONG Line, just to name a few

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »

There's no assumption here --
FACT: Daz was the LEAD PRODUCER at Death Row Records when Doobie recorded that track -- Daz had visibility to that track and Death Row recorded multiple versions of the track
FACT: Daz stole multiple albums and tracks -- "RAW" was all Suge's music -- This was no different, it was a lead single on his solo album
OPINION: Yeah, the Daz version is way better! Of course I agree with that -- He took the track and made it better! Jagged Edge sounds clutch on his beat and he flows better than Doobie!

FACT: Death Row has a long and large history of this stuff:
FACT: Yes, people sample beats, but these are people on the SAME LABEL with almost identical sounds

2Pac "Toss It Up" <---> Dr. Dre "No Diggity"
Snoop Doggy Dogg "Snoopafella" <------> Top Dogg "Cindafella"
Young Doobie "I'm Country"  <---->  Chocolate Bandit "I'm Country"
Tha Dogg Pound "What We Go Through" ft. Warren G, & Bad Azz <----> Warren G ft. Bad Azz & Perfec
Tha Dogg Pound "I Luv" ft. Scarface & Too Short <-----> Scarface "I Luv" ft. Too Short, Daz, & Trick Daddy

OPINION:  You don't see Drake, YFN Lucci, Migos, etc. having to re-release or re-record or "tweak the beat" or whatever you want to call it's a hack move for a remake so why not call it a "Remix" instead of marketing it as an original first single, when there's nothing original about re-sampling a track that your label mate already did

In a LONG LONG Line, just to name a few

Post is 100% assumption and 100% fiction. The song was recorded by Daz around 2006-2007 and has nothing to do with the Doobie one (other than using the same sample) despite you trying to connect the dots.

As for the songs you mentioned, "Snoopafella" was recorded on No Limit before Top Dogg recorded "Top Dogg Cindafella". Tha Dogg Pound wasn't cleared by Death Row to appear on "What We Go Through", hence they were removed from the track and the alternate version was released on Warren G's album.