Author Topic: Revisiting Kurupt Discography  (Read 3275 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Revisiting Kurupt Discography
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:30:44 AM »
I was really into Kurupt back in the days, he was at one point my favorite rapper but I kinda lost interest after his last solo "Streetlights" but well he did not drop a real solo project since unless you count the different mixtapes here and there... So I decided to start revisiting his entire catalog Solo, Collabo and Group albums to rank all of them. So like the Busta Rhymes thread, how do you rank Kurupt Young Gotti discography for the solo/collabo part and the group part?

I came up with this list to revisit his discography :

Solo/Collabo Projects
> Kuruption (1998)
> That Streetz Iz A Mutha (1999)
> Space Boogie: Smoke Odessey (2001)
> Agains The Grain (DPG Bootleg) (2003)
> Originals Compilation (2004)
> Against The Grain (2005)
> Same Day, Different Shit (2006)
> Agains The Grain: The EP (2007)
> Digital Smoke (w/ J-Wells) (2007)
> The Frank & Jess Story (w/ Roscoe) (2008)
> Tha Tekneek Files (w/ Roscoe) (2009)
> BlaQKout (w/ DJ Quik) (2009)
> Tha 4:20 Mixtape (2010)
> Streetlights (2010)
> Money, Bitches, Power Mixtape (2013)
> Moon Rock Mixtape (2014)
> Moon Rock Mixtape Vol. 2 (w/ Dr. Zodiak) (2016)

Group Projects
> Dogg Food (w/ DPG) (1995)
> 2002 (w/ DPG) (2001)
> Dillinger & Young Gotti (w/ DPG) (2001)
> Tha Last Of Tha Pound (w/ DPG) (2002)
> The Four Horsemen Project (w/ Four Horsemen) (2003)
> Dillinger & Young Gotti Part 2: Tha Saga Continuez (w/ DPG) (2005)
> Cali Iz Active (w/ DPG) (2006)
> Dogg Chit (w/ DPG) (2007)
> Let's Ryde 2Nite EP (w/ DPG) (2008)
> That Was Then, This Is Now (w/ DPG) (2009)
> Keep On Ridin Compilation (w/ DPG) (2010)
> 100 Wayz (w/ DPG) (2010)
> Doggy Bag (Unreleased) (w/ DPG) (2012)
> DPGC'Ology Mixtape (w/ DPG) (2012)
> We Got Now And Next (w/ Diirty OGz) (2016)

Should I include some more? The rest of his releases (mixtapes) seems to be compilation of features so I did not include them unless Im wrong.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:15:48 AM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

Okka

Re: Revisiting Kurupt Discography
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »
You might as well include the DPG albums too since you have the Diirty OG'z album on the list.

Rudki

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »
Streetz Iz A Mutha & Space Boogie were my personal top 2 faves......Kuruption suffered from Bad timing....had that been on DR solely done by Daz ft Death row guests and not people like El Drex we would have had a killer album....then everything got real shit....but he came back well with Streetlights.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:44:03 PM »
I know a lot of people didn't like it but, for sure, "Against The Grain" us one my favorite <3 especially for some of his anger. Tha Row VP on mic.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
Streetz and Kuruption! are my favorites with Same Day Different Shit being my least favorite

as far as DPG albums obviously Dogg Food is at the top and I would have to put Cali Iz Active at the bottom, loved the single but the album was lackluster IMO

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »
every1 forgets the original "against the grain"

https://www.discogs.com/Kurupt-Against-The-Grain/release/4461370

i also dont see the moonrocks project on there

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:11:35 PM »
You might as well include the DPG albums too since you have the Diirty OG'z album on the list.

Lets exclude the Diirty OGz project then

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 11:59:06 PM »

Lets exclude the Diirty OGz project then

And all the other joint projects you put up there

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 03:16:20 AM »
Ok I changed the initial message so we can rank solo and group albums

NDub

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 03:32:29 AM »
I know a lot of people didn't like it but, for sure, "Against The Grain" us one my favorite <3 especially for some of his anger. Tha Row VP on mic.

I prefer this version
http://westcoast2k.com/kurupt-against-tha-grain-the-e-p/
 8)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:51:13 AM by NDub »
WestCoast2K.com
Classic West Coast, G-Funk, Gangsta Rap, BayArea, Mobb Music

BayOnTop.net
BayArea and WestCoast Rap

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »

Dope

To add on, u got “down and dirty” (wideawake album), ”penagon rydaz”, “the academy”, and “confidential”

As far as DPG, you missin “back in business”, “full circle”, “that’s my work vol 1”, “that’s my work vol 5” (last 2 is high wit snoop)

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »

I prefer this version
http://westcoast2k.com/audio/kurupt-against-tha-grain-the-e-p/
 8)

Yeah this EP contained the og leftovers  8) here the og project tracklist before the diss tracks were trashed :

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=329223.0
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:27:34 PM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 12:40:45 PM »

Dope

To add on, u got “down and dirty” (wideawake album), ”penagon rydaz”, “the academy”, and “confidential”

As far as DPG, you missin “back in business”, “full circle”, “that’s my work vol 1”, “that’s my work vol 5” (last 2 is high wit snoop)

Ok "Down & Dirty" is "Against The Grain" with a slight difference in the tracklist so I didnt put it up there, the 3 other compilations I dont know man are they real releases or is it just a bunch of features from Kurupt add it together? Like I said I lost track after "Streetlights"

Same for the DPG releases, are they legit mixtapes with new songs or is it just a bunch of recycled?
I remember DPGC'Ology because I purchased it on iTunes to get the untagged version as it was a legit release from DPG with all new songs but I dont know about them others mixtapes but if you say it's legit, I'll add it up

EDIT: Revisiting Kurupt's discography is a pleasure... I known by heart "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" and "Space Boogie" but almost forgot about the greatness of "Digital Smoke", "Against The Grain (DPG Version)" with the OG songs from "This Is The Life I Lead"! Cant wait to go back to the rest  8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:32:18 PM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »

Dope

Ok "Down & Dirty" is "Against The Grain" with a slight difference in the tracklist so I didnt put it up there, the 3 other compilations I dont know man are they real releases or is it just a bunch of features from Kurupt add it together? Like I said I lost track after "Streetlights"

Same for the DPG releases, are they legit mixtapes with new songs or is it just a bunch of recycled?
I remember DPGC'Ology because I purchased it on iTunes to get the untagged version as it was a legit release from DPG with all new songs but I dont know about them others mixtapes but if you say it's legit, I'll add it up

EDIT: Revisiting Kurupt's discography is a pleasure... I known by heart "Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha" and "Space Boogie" but almost forgot about the greatness of "Digital Smoke", "Against The Grain (DPG Version)" with the OG songs from "This Is The Life I Lead"! Cant wait to go back to the rest  8)

All the projects I posted is new songs

arubiano83

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »
You forgot about the bacon&eggs ep..prod. by snoop