Author Topic: Ice Cube Shuts Down Fan Who Said MGK's "Rap Devil" Bests "No Vaseline"  (Read 1397 times)

Okka

A lot has been said recently about the fiery diss records Eminem and Machine Gun Kelly have traded in the past week.

But one fan, in particular, made waves on social media after making quite the bold comparison between Em and MGK’s beef and one of Hip Hop’s most iconic diss records.

“@machinegunkelly just passed @icecube no Vaseline on number 1 dis song. Also moving @YoungDolph play with yo to number 3. Gotta love a good dis song,” Twitter user @Brandon__Powers declared at the top of the week.

@machinegunkelly just passed @icecube no Vaseline on number 1 dis song. Also moving @YoungDolph play with yo to number 3. Gotta love a good dis song.

— Brandon Powers (@Brandon__Powers) September 4, 2018

The tweet garnered a response from Ice Cube himself who didn’t hesitate in crippling the comparison.

“Yeah right, one on one will never beat one against four (plus Jerry Heller). Murdered the track, killed the group. Game over,” Ice Cube tweeted.

Yeah right, one on one will never beat one against four (plus Jerry Heller). Murdered the track, killed the group. Game over. https://t.co/7t6exeTtCv

— Ice Cube (@icecube) September 4, 2018

Released in 1991 as the closer on Cube’s classic sophomore effort, Death Certificate, the track gained new life this decade when it was depicted in the blockbuster biopic, 2015’s Straight Outta Compton.

In addition to the support of fans, Cube received the backing of Public Enemy’s Chuck D who offered his own two cents.

“I still don’t know why millennials and 90ers gonna even play @icecube and @llcoolj like they ain’t pour the concrete on this wordGame we call HIPHOP and Rap. Words and they’ve been the BEST at it. GOATs,” Chuck D wrote in his tweet.

I still don’t know why millennials and 90ers gonna even play @icecube and @llcoolj like they ain’t pour the concrete on this wordGame we call HIPHOP and Rap. Words and they’ve been the BEST at it. GOATs

— Chuck D (@MrChuckD) September 5, 2018

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.48321/title.ice-cube-shuts-down-fan-who-said-machine-gun-kellys-rap-devil-bests-no-vaseline

The following users thanked this post: johnnie360

johnnie360

Re: Ice Cube Shuts Down Fan Who Said MGK's "Rap Devil" Bests "No Vaseline"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
Word I agree. Seeing both of those tweets made me think of Burn Hollywood Burn.

SuperSpider

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
NWA are nowhere near Eminem's skill level behind the microphone so not really a fair comparison and old school artists almost never acknowledge new school like that no matter how good it might be. Neither Cube's diss, nor MGK's are number one for me anyway

HighEyeCue

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 04:48:03 AM »
I have Real Muthafukkin Gs as the best diss track

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 09:57:57 PM »
NWA are nowhere near Eminem's skill level behind the microphone so not really a fair comparison and old school artists almost never acknowledge new school like that no matter how good it might be. Neither Cube's diss, nor MGK's are number one for me anyway

Ice Cube > Eminem

What does this topic have to do with Em though? It was about Machine Gun Kelly's diss.

The following users thanked this post: RoscoeOutlaw

SuperSpider

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »

Ice Cube > Eminem

What does this topic have to do with Em though? It was about Machine Gun Kelly's diss.

Ice Cube's argument about his diss being better than MGK's is that he fought against 4 people. I'm saying them 4 together weren't on Em's level so they might as well have been 20 people and it still won't be a valid point.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 03:17:13 AM »
Oh yeah, you're right. My bad.

dnjp4life

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 04:01:29 AM »
No Vaseline will always be the greatest diss track of all time in my opinion.  You won't get anything on that level in rap again.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »
No Vaseline will always be the greatest diss track of all time in my opinion.  You won't get anything on that level in rap again.

Word.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 09:43:00 PM »
TOP 5 DISS JOINTS:

-HIT EM UP
-NO VASELINE
-REAL MUTHAPHUCKIN G'Z
-FUCK WIT DRE DAY
-ETHER

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

thegooddoc

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 09:38:11 PM »
I think "Don't Bite the Phunk" by Kokane and Cold 187um was one of the better diss tracks.  Cold 187um went off on Dre.

Okka

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 12:01:44 AM »
I think "Don't Bite the Phunk" by Kokane and Cold 187um was one of the better diss tracks.  Cold 187um went off on Dre.

Classic. I was listenin' to that album a few days ago. "From The Funk To The Back" 8)

SuperSpider

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 03:00:14 AM »
No particular order

Hit Em Up
Ether
Checkmate/Shots Fired tied
Who Got Bodied?
Go to Sleep/Nail in the Coffin tied

There've been enough great diss tracks through the years to make a top 25

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:01:56 AM by SuperSpider »