Author Topic: In retrospect Kurupt Space Boogie was even better than I remembered...  (Read 3114 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
the top tracks on RRGB are better than the top tracks on RAW but I would say RAW is overall the more consistent album 8)

There is no weak track on RRGB everything is up to the prime Death Row standard or it didn’t make the album, in fact that’s one of the only reasons Daz stayed because he still had his stash from the glory days and just needed to round it out and prepare for release. 

What would we say is the worst track on RRGB? “Only For You”?  Even that joint is actually a rare sentimental moment for Daz, it’s well-produced and Lady V does her thing...same with the child support joint Daz was speaking on some real shit and it’s no filler
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

tracks like “Initiated” and “Gang Bangin Ass Crimnal” are prime Death Row material

I just felt that RAW was more of a Daz solo, but both albums are personal classics of mine

dj coma

the top tracks on RRGB are better than the top tracks on RAW but I would say RAW is overall the more consistent album 8)

Agreed. I think this is because RR&GB was more like a collection of songs that spanned 3 years and were not all originally intended for a Daz solo album. On the other hand, RAW was all recorded around the same time which made it more cohesive and made it feel more like a true album.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

k1000

Re: In retrospect Kurupt Space Boogie was even better than I remembered...
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2019, 01:15:30 PM »
Just want to express my feelings regarding "Space Boogie". Love this album. Kurupt i knew a little, Fredwreck not at all ; his production blew me away.

Something that is never discussed about this album is the Sun Ra introduction (that same speech was used in the Madvillain LP 3 years later).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=156&v=djBKQNVj5Cc