Author Topic: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show  (Read 7020 times)

Suga Foot

Re: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2021, 10:27:53 AM »
My .02:

- This is a huge honor for these artists .  Just being there to perform might be enough

- On the other hand, this will be broadcast to a HUGE audience.  Dr. Dre probably doesn't want to waste that opportunity.  Having new music available around the release date is a no-brainer.  The music should be available before the performance so after the show when everyone goes to Spotify (or whatever) they'll see new music from the artists.

- I'm sure the NFL and NBC have to sign off on the performance to a certain extent.  So I'm not expecting anything too controversial.

- Whatever they do performance wise, has to be able to be set up and taken apart quickly so It can't be too elaborate of a setup.

- A live performance isn't a great way to introduce new music.  It never sounds that good.

- A live band would be cool (fredwreck, Scott Storch, focus etc)

- Hopefully Mary doesn't do what Janet Jackson did and have a 'wardrobe malfunction'  :P

The following users thanked this post: Jome, Sccit

Safe+Sound

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »
Yep.  All doctors agree on the Cult “Science” (and the ones that don’t get censored).  We must listen to the “experts” because they are the ones with the billion dollar marketing and manipulation campaign to back them.  Got it.

Ummmmm...ok. Let's try another example: Engineering. If 97% of engineers agree that a bridge is unsafe to drive over and 3% think it is safe, how many people do you suppose would be comfortable driving over the bridge? Moreover, how many of those people do you think could be convinced by someone who is not an engineer that there is a mass conspiracy going on designed to prevent them from driving over the bridge? I think you can see where I'm going with this. How do you suppose safety and building codes are calculated? If you take a little time to find the answers to these and other simple mathematical problems, you'll see that things makes sense (don't know if you went to college, what you majored in, or what you do for a living, but I promise you it's really simple; that being said, I'm pretty sure you don't have a STEM background). Also, cults are by definition a minority - not a majority - so to call a greater portion of a population that agrees on a particular idea a cult is a misnomer.

On the topic of "experts": The whole reason society prospers is because of specialization, which builds trust in those respective areas and allows for a collective benefit from individual expertise. If that is eroded, then expertise will no longer serve the public interest. Just how social media enabled people with absolutely no talent to become famous, abandoning actual expertise will usher in people with no real knowledge or training in any particular area to influence increasingly larger groups of people who are equally as ignorant.

Additionally.... the vast majority of scientists don't have "billion-dollar" anything, let alone marketing - I think you're conflating research with public relations firms. The details matter. Unlike most people, scientists can actually thrive on being wrong. That might seem weird to you but some of the biggest breakthroughs have stemmed from error that was corrected for. Leaning on ideas to test efficacy is how we advance, not clinging onto unfounded bullshit based on what someone pulled out of their asshole just to protect fragile egos. FYI.

People with Google, Wikipedia, and blogs with no actual achievement in any particular area want their opinions treated with such deep respect - not on the basis of evidence or real credentials, but based on their feelings, emotions, and whatever stray information they may have picked up along the way. That's a big fucking problem.

Also, sorry to everyone else in this thread for going WAY off topic here, but this one was just too juicy to let go  ;D

Back to Dr. Dre!!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 11:20:47 AM by Safe+Sound »

tempo2

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2021, 11:56:51 AM »
^^ so in your opinion is it more important to be fit and healthy or to keep injecting serums into your body every time it encounters adversity? I would also ask this question to an "expert" for what its worth as well, before you reply with that angle. Also what are the experts saying when it comes to all-you-can eat buffets since 95% people who are dying from covid are overweight? Yet to here from the experts on that one.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2021, 12:42:27 PM »
^^ so in your opinion is it more important to be fit and healthy or to keep injecting serums into your body every time it encounters adversity? I would also ask this question to an "expert" for what its worth as well, before you reply with that angle. Also what are the experts saying when it comes to all-you-can eat buffets since 95% people who are dying from covid are overweight? Yet to here from the experts on that one.

Sorry, what is a serum? I suggest maybe brushing up on your high school biology - and if you're interested in how molecular/cell biology works when it comes to things like proteins, mRNA, DNA, basic organelle function, transcription, cell cycles, etc. - then an understanding of the function, purpose and process of vaccines will follow quite easily. That should resolve a lot of the confusion.

Also, if we're going down the road of statistics, it would be helpful cite your source. It's good to know where you're getting your numerical data from. Although I can tell you right now that the use of p-values and normal distributions that have anything to do with that number you used are definitely way off. 95% of >700,000 is clearly incorrect. Of course, some familiarity with statistics is necessary but really, just basic reading of credible sources and you can get away with knowing practically nothing about how stats work. 

If you're looking for way to hear from experts, I'd suggest subscribing to accredited scientific journals and nonpartisan fact tanks (for empirical social science topics of research) like PEW Research Center. Reading is largely unpopular outside academia so kudos to you if you actually follow through here and decide to open yourself up to that kind of information.

Finally - without disclosing too much publicly on this forum - I have a STEM background. Do you?

Again, sorry to n -2 people in this thread for going way off topic again. Gonna try and refrain from doing it again  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 01:19:31 PM by Safe+Sound »

tempo2

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2021, 01:24:10 PM »
^^ you talk the talk but didn't answer any of my questions I brought up. Too busy trying to talk down to people, all high and mighty huh. So I will ask you again. Should we take serums every time our bodies face adversity? PS: Serum is Latin for fluid, used in the medical sense meaning injections, just so you know, but with you having an STEM background you obviously do.

Its a simple question for you to answer? What are the experts saying when it comes to the link between general good health and and the less implication of covid? Its common knowledge worldwide that the two underlying causes of death from covid are obesity and diabetes, which the experts you mention all agree on by the way. Its up to you to to find the information not for me to relay it to you lol, research it yourself stop been lazy.

Contrary to popular belief you don't need to be an expert on anything to have an opinion, this is a dangerous narrative by the way on many subjects not just covid, why are you implying you cant have an opinion unless you are an expert? That's a retarded way to look at anything in life. Just imagine if you couldn't speak on anything unless you were an expert, imagine if we couldn't question the military because we were not in the army for example. Imagine if we couldn't question the police because we have never been a policeman.

I'm a qualified sports nutritionist by the way, not that I need to justify myself to you with all due respect

tempo2

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2021, 01:25:04 PM »
yes my bad for going on a tangent as well, looking forward to some dre music

Lucifuge

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »
I kind of agree with this.. in fact the new shit could be just like some fucking interlude or transition between the classics, or as you said a finale...

1. Start:  Snoop will intro it with some crazy new Dre beat and visualz in the background and he will say some shit like.. "Oh no, they let the gangstaz up in here for the Superbowl" and ride in on a lowrider or some shit to do G- Thang....

2.  Crazy interlude and then shit goes silent and Em comes in and does "Lose Yourself"

3.  Crazy interlude again and Dre does some throwback NWA fucc the police shit with Kendrick doing "King Kunta" and Ice Cube coming on or some shit like that for "St8 out of Compton" or "Fucc the Police" and shit gets political for a moment

4.  This is the big moment where Dre is going to do some suprise.  This is where he might use some new technology to do "California Love" with like a Pac hologram or some new shit we never seen before.  This is the big moment

5.  Mary comes on and they all join the stage and ride out with a feel good "Family Affair"

6.  Some Krazy ass outro with some new next generation sound just to wet the appetite and hype whatever Dre's current or next venture is

Forget about dre last of the hits, and then the new one.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Safe+Sound

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2021, 02:11:16 PM »
^^ you talk the talk but didn't answer any of my questions I brought up. Too busy trying to talk down to people, all high and mighty huh. So I will ask you again. Should we take serums every time our bodies face adversity? PS: Serum is Latin for fluid, used in the medical sense meaning injections, just so you know, but with you having an STEM background you obviously do.

Its a simple question for you to answer? What are the experts saying when it comes to the link between general good health and and the less implication of covid? Its common knowledge worldwide that the two underlying causes of death from covid are obesity and diabetes, which the experts you mention all agree on by the way. Its up to you to to find the information not for me to relay it to you lol, research it yourself stop been lazy.

Contrary to popular belief you don't need to be an expert on anything to have an opinion, this is a dangerous narrative by the way on many subjects not just covid, why are you implying you cant have an opinion unless you are an expert? That's a retarded way to look at anything in life. Just imagine if you couldn't speak on anything unless you were an expert, imagine if we couldn't question the military because we were not in the army for example. Imagine if we couldn't question the police because we have never been a policeman.

I'm a qualified sports nutritionist by the way, not that I need to justify myself to you with all due respect

Welp, that went nowhere fast  ;D

What else can we do on a forum besides talk?

I'm speaking from a place of a bit more depth, which you seem to be missing or otherwise overlooking judging from the way you're reading what I've written. Based on your "high and mighty" comments, I suspect that's rooted mostly in insecurity rather than any genuine conviction. I think I've addressed you quite well and don't really have the desire to hand-hold with regard to never-ending explanations. We're past the high school lunch table.

The "dangerous narrative" is actually the inverse of what you said: it's the opinions of people who are unqualified that gain traction with and influence over people who are scientifically illiterate - that's the danger. But in case it wasn't clear enough for you: You can have an opinion about anything. I don't think that's contrary to popular belief at all. I was being a little more specific than that. The metric of how opinions are weighed based on professional and academic background is what's important - not simply the fact that someone has an opinion. For example, I could ask you for your opinion on the quantum mechanical properties of electron spin. But how much is that worth coming from a sports nutritionist? Nothing. So while you're free to have an opinion about it, it's not anything useful that will help with the understanding of how to solve physics problems. Do you see my point now?

Again, I refer you to the aforementioned sources surrounding your covid questions and statistics - and for good reason. Hearing it from me isn't going to move things along, it's just going to be another talking point for you to argue with. Plus, no one's giving you a free education on a rap music forum about biochemistry or virology. That's what Khan Academy is for. Instead, subscribe to some journals and research centers (and maybe Khan Academy?) - it'll clear everything right up you - promise. Super easy - assuming this sort of thing really interests you and you're not just trying to win an argument.

Ok everyone, I'm satisfied now. Sorry again for the off topic rant - I'm dropping my mic and exiting stage left.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:26:17 PM by Safe+Sound »

tempo2

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2021, 02:29:28 PM »
I actually agree with you its not a question of who is smarter or more articulate. All I'm trying to say is there is more than one way to skin a cat. Me personally, having good health and general well being is equally as successful defence against the bad ramifications of covid, even though the general consensus states we all MUST get a vaccine. Following the science as is the common mantra isn't always absolute.

Sccit

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2021, 03:31:47 PM »
I actually agree with you its not a question of who is smarter or more articulate. All I'm trying to say is there is more than one way to skin a cat. Me personally, having good health and general well being is equally as successful defence against the bad ramifications of covid, even though the general consensus states we all MUST get a vaccine. Following the science as is the common mantra isn't always absolute.

amen

Safe+Sound

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2021, 05:10:45 PM »
My .02:

- This is a huge honor for these artists .  Just being there to perform might be enough

- On the other hand, this will be broadcast to a HUGE audience.  Dr. Dre probably doesn't want to waste that opportunity.  Having new music available around the release date is a no-brainer.  The music should be available before the performance so after the show when everyone goes to Spotify (or whatever) they'll see new music from the artists.

- I'm sure the NFL and NBC have to sign off on the performance to a certain extent.  So I'm not expecting anything too controversial.

- Whatever they do performance wise, has to be able to be set up and taken apart quickly so It can't be too elaborate of a setup.

- A live performance isn't a great way to introduce new music.  It never sounds that good.

- A live band would be cool (fredwreck, Scott Storch, focus etc)

- Hopefully Mary doesn't do what Janet Jackson did and have a 'wardrobe malfunction'  :P

Mostly agree with this.

Having the halftime show is a HUGE reach in terms of fan base, publicity, and promotion. It's hard to beat. So many eyeballs will be on them it's ridiculous.

I'm thinking they might do something similar to Up In Smoke? Maybe a sketch or two leading into or between songs? One thing's for sure, they're not short on creative talent so whatever they've got up their sleeves should be good - at least that's the expectation judging from past performances.

Can you imagine Mary J having a wardrobe malfunction? Hahaha. No wrinkled nip slips please.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2021, 09:00:09 PM »
I agree, you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.  As Dre said in the interview, they have 11-12 minutes to highlight 5 artists.  You're talking roughly 2 minutes per person.  Each artist is going to do a 3 or 4 hit song melody of about 30 seconds per song and that's it.  It'll be fun and great to see.  But anyone thinking they are going to perform new songs with that short amount of time available are nuts.

Maybe they'll all perform one song together. You never know with Dre, right? It's not just about the new music. It's bigger than that.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Proc pka KP

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2021, 02:07:23 AM »
Maybe they'll all perform one song together. You never know with Dre, right? It's not just about the new music. It's bigger than that.

Are they going to honor Nate? Snoop's analogy should have Nate in the back ala Still D-R.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2021, 07:25:40 AM »

Bingo!

We are back in the dark ages before the renaissance except now instead of saying you can't question the religious authorities—it's that you can't question the medical authorities. 

And instead of the Salem With Trials of Colonial Mass. where a regular law abiding citizen could get accused of witchcraft and taken to court—now any healthy person doing normal things like breathing air can be accused of spreading Covid and sent off to a quarantine camp.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

mtbsm

« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2021, 08:13:34 AM »
damn i don't want to read about this in this thread, let alone hear about it on the SB stage. i want to get faded and eat a lot of food. no way they're going to take vaccine stands on that stage  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 08:29:41 AM by mtbsm »