Author Topic: Brotha Lynch - Lynch by Inch  (Read 1455 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Brotha Lynch - Lynch by Inch
« on: June 10, 2003, 09:45:39 PM »

Brotha Lynch Hung – Lynch by Inch

Disc 1

1. Scene: smoke…intro
2. Spydie’s birth…Nice start to the album.  Eerie production, smooth hook and classic Lynch rip-gut lyrics.  4/5
3. Spitz network…Great production.  Cos and Yukmouth appear and each lay down tight verses.  Lynch rips it up on verse 2 and 4.  Simple chorus, but it’s highly addictive.  4/5
4. I went from intro…interlude
5. I went from…The deepest song Lynch has ever recorded.  He talks of his trials and tribulations and ups and downs through his life.  Well fitting beat matches content and flow perfectly.  Tight hook.  5/5
6. Watta…Evil beat, but something sounds like it is absent from the production.  Tight lyrics by Lynch and Luni Corleone lays down one of the best verses I’ve ever heard him spit.  Production just lacks too much.  3.5/5
7. Art of war…Doesn’t sound like a classic Lynch beat, but he flows all over it.  Exceptional middle verse by Cos.  4.5/5
8. Everywhere I go…Another track where Lynch speaks on a more personal level.  Light production, not real catchy, but Lynch’s lyrics and D-Dubb’s hook make this song tight.  4/5
9. Death dance…Starts with a creepy piano loop and a short intro by Lynch.  He lays down 2 hella tight verses.  Fitting hook.  4.5/5
10.   Break ya loccs…This track has sort of a “bounce” feel to it, but it has a nice piano loop in the background.  Suspicion lays down a nice verse, but Lynch really stands out on verse 3.  Good hook.  3.5/5
11.   Reachin’ for fame…Lynch, Tall Cann and Cos take turns on the mic here.  Each sounds good, but the lack of production hurts this track.  3.5/5
12.   Bleeding house mystery…Classic horrorcore production.  Lynch spits his trademark subject matter over 2 verses and Zagg appears for a perfectly placed flow.  A+ hook.  5/5
13.   Scene: gun runner…insert
14.   Get bacc time…Very smooth production.  Lynch does three gangsta-fied verses.  Lyrics and production match perfectly.  5/5
15.   Scene: therapy…insert
16.   My mind ain’t right…Basic kickdrum beat, with a twist of evil sounding noises in the background.  Tight lyrics, but the beat isn’t that interesting.  3.5/5
17.   Scene: the meeting…insert
18.   I get’s off…Lynch spits a tight first verse on some great production and then the beat fades and changes up to a more old-school style that’ll have you’re head nodding.  4.5/5
19.   Any given Friday…Decent production.  Sicc hook and a decent Lynch verse.  Phonk Beat appears to rap in the second verse and he comes off pretty tight.  3.5/5

Disc 2:

1. Scene: the phone call…insert
2. Tried to shoot…A+ production, fitting lyrical content well.  The song basically finds Lynch contemplating suicide.  Deep track.  5/5
3. Scene: John Johnson…insert
4. Suicide note…This sounds like a terrible remix.  The beat is horrible and it somewhat drowns out Lynch vocals, which are disappointing on this short, one verse track.  2/5
5. Usual suspects…The whole Siccmade family appears on this track.  The beat is way too bouncy sounding, which pretty much ruins the song for me.  Verses are decent, but nothing really stands out.  3/5
6. Drunken style (Phonk Beat remix)…Sounds pretty much like the original version, with a slightly different sound to it.  Loki appears with Lynch in this one and flows very well to the uptempo production.  4/5

OVERALL…4.25/5

The album Lynch fans have been waiting for since “Loaded”.  Definitely the most personal CD to date that Lynch has released.  Great horrorcore tracks, but some other more conscious songs can be found here as well.  Production lacks here and there, but overall the quality of it is highly above average.  The skits and inserts actually make sense and flow nicely in to the tracks, unlike skits on a lot of other albums.  Lynch does not disappoint on the mic.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:Brotha Lynch - Lynch by Inch
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:04:17 PM »
3.9/5

"I WENT FROM"  =  CLASSIC

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:55:03 PM »
this is his most lyrically mature album, he rapped about real stuff about his life on this album, much like pac rapped about

the production is different but i only pay attention to the beat if the lyrics are horrible

from me 4/5

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 04:45:34 PM »
propz on review, much needed
i've heard lots of up and down stuff on this but review looks fairly positive, will definately check it out, thankz
peaze
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 11:26:43 AM »
Nice Review, I'd give it a 4 myself  ;)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 01:57:03 PM »
I don't normally check for Brotha Lynch, simply cause I find it hard to relate to the shit that he raps about, but this album does look more promising on that front so I might have to check it out.

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 06:34:50 PM »
thanks for the reiew i might buy it  8)

Lil' Dirty Bastard

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 09:44:33 AM »
I brought tha album last nite and Lynch is 1 of tha best MC's i've ever herd.  Fucc tha haterz...
Tha Lil' Dirty Bastard straight frum tha VA zoo

Smooth

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 10:20:27 PM »
Nice Review, I'd give it a 4 myself  ;)
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Cold187um

• 'G'
  • If U Get High U Can Feel Me No Matter Who U R!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 10:23:54 AM »
10.   Break ya loccs…This track has sort of a “bounce” feel to it, but it has a nice piano loop in the background.  Suspicion lays down a nice verse, but Lynch really stands out on verse 3.  Good hook.  3.5/5

Suspicion = Lynch + C.O.S.

they gonna have a group album

tight review :)

Brotha Lynch Hung --------------- Siccmade Records

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 08:40:38 PM »
dope album, i'd give it 4.5/5, i'd agree with your ratings in general except Suicide Note i'd give that a 5/5

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 02:13:09 AM »
propz on review, much needed
i've heard lots of up and down stuff on this but review looks fairly positive, will definately check it out, thankz
peaze

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2003, 09:19:20 PM »
I change my rating from 4.5 to a 4.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 04:19:25 AM »
I love listenin to Lynch even tho he's on sum SICK shit at times, but he never lived up to "Season Of Da Siccness" (4.8/5 classic IMO) and he don't on this one either....still like 3.9-4.2 or sumthin, tight shit

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 08:50:03 AM »
yeah i agree with you J, 4.25/5 for this