8 (40%)
Ras Kass
9 (45%)
they about the same
1 (5%)
not sure
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Canibus Vs. Ras Kass  (Read 791 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Re:Canibus Vs. Ras Kass
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2003, 07:49:12 PM »
did u not see the entire thread that me and him were arguing over noreaga?...you need to pay a little closer attention...

sorry i dont pay close attention on a message board ::)  really who gives a fuck. I have better things to do than to pay attention on what u be posting here. ::)

you sure seem to pay attention...."we are always on each others nuts, we agree on everything" Don't gimme that bullshit that you don't pay attention to our posts

u guys are on each others nuths today. thats what i meant. .....really man, it aint that serious. dont take it to tha heart.

But how are we on each others nuts? lol, I mean just cuz we both agreed on Canibus?

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2003, 07:54:42 PM »
did u not see the entire thread that me and him were arguing over noreaga?...you need to pay a little closer attention...

sorry i dont pay close attention on a message board ::)  really who gives a fuck. I have better things to do than to pay attention on what u be posting here. ::)

you sure seem to pay attention...."we are always on each others nuts, we agree on everything" Don't gimme that bullshit that you don't pay attention to our posts

u guys are on each others nuths today. thats what i meant. .....really man, it aint that serious. dont take it to tha heart.

lmao...i havent even been home most of the day...i've replied to a couple of his posts...no more of his than anyone elses...and how is that one anyone's nuts if we agree? it just means we have the same taste in music...if someone was on someone's nuts they would be agreeing to impress someone or something and thats not the way it goes. me and krimson have the same taste in music. if that means you think we're on each others nuts...then i guess you need a new definetion of being on pplz nuts.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2003, 08:47:44 PM »
anyways..... back on topic......
from what ive heard, canibus spits about himself being the illest most of the time. ras kass can also do that, but he also speaks on society issues. ras kass is more versatile in that sense.

kick ass album

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 08:51:30 PM »
when Canibus can write a track on the level of Nature Of The Threat or Interview With A Vampire let me know. Canibus is a great battle rapper, but thats it. Ras DESTROYS him on versatility

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2003, 12:12:30 AM »
when Canibus can write a track on the level of Nature Of The Threat or Interview With A Vampire let me know. Canibus is a great battle rapper, but thats it. Ras DESTROYS him on versatility

as much as i love nature of the threat...my 9th grade history teacher could write that same stuff...it is just a history lesson. yes it is way better than most mc's can do. but i think canibus could write on that level if he tried. i actually havent heard Interview With A Vampire...ill check that out and get back to you on that one.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2003, 12:29:55 AM »
If they were to battle against each other Ras would shit on him without a doubt.

It would be a close battle, but i reackon canibus would win. Canibus lives and breathes on battle raps, just listen to his songs.

In terms of material, ras kass wins. Soul on Ice is better than any canibus album.
I reackon canibus has got extreme skill, he can be deadly on the mic, but i can't really get into any of his albums. He needs better beats, some concept songs, better chorus' (even scracthing would suit canibus nicely). Now that canibus has got stoupe poducing him we might see some real heat on his next album.

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2003, 01:31:31 AM »
If they were to battle against each other Ras would shit on him without a doubt.

It would be a close battle, but i reackon canibus would win. Canibus lives and breathes on battle raps, just listen to his songs.

In terms of material, ras kass wins. Soul on Ice is better than any canibus album.
I reackon canibus has got extreme skill, he can be deadly on the mic, but i can't really get into any of his albums. He needs better beats, some concept songs, better chorus' (even scracthing would suit canibus nicely). Now that canibus has got stoupe poducing him we might see some real heat on his next album.

I've heard 5 tracks from it...there are some ppl on this board who have it already...from the 5 i've heard...its the best canibus yet...i never really was into the old canibus but this is some of the best hip hop i've ever heard off this new album...i wanna hear the whole thing though...if u can find it...check genabis and spartibus...both dope ass tracks.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 02:29:09 AM »
C'mon man I dont care who U are No 1 is touching Canibus.
He is on another planet.

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2003, 02:37:33 AM »
My Top 4 at the moment go like this...

1) Ras Kass
2) Canibus
3) Chino xl
4) Nas

But i have a feeling when poisen Pen drops, Chino is gonna storm back into my number 2 spot.

Oh and i have the Rip The Jacker album and its amazing, and thats the reason he beat chino into 2nd.

:)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2003, 07:51:33 AM »
people seem to be easily amused by big word usage? tell canibus to learn how to stay on subject, utilize better concepts, and stop making so many fucking battle tracks and show more versatitlity. canibus stans are the absolute worst. i think you know who gets my vote.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2003, 08:19:41 AM »
Why should Canibus do that smartass ?
Just cause U say so
It aint his fault U dont know what them big words mean  ;D

I listen to Canibus cause I like his battle rhymes and I like the fact he dont use some R&B Singers to do a fuckin hook.
He is a pure form of Hip Hop

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2003, 08:31:23 AM »
Why should Canibus do that smartass ?
Just cause U say so
It aint his fault U dont know what them big words mean  ;D

I listen to Canibus cause I like his battle rhymes and I like the fact he dont use some R&B Singers to do a fuckin hook.
He is a pure form of Hip Hop

once you said that no one is touching bis and that he is "on another planet" i can't take you seriously. g rap and pun have murdered him on tracks and his own shit so hes not this invicible mc that everyone thinks he is. i know what most of the shit he blabs about means and it just doesn't impress me.
hes a one dimensional mc and as long as he stays that way he will never be anything amazing in my eyes.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2003, 08:58:48 AM »
check out Bis Vs. Rip off of Mic Club...that's versatility, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2003, 09:06:47 AM »
heard it. i own all of his albums. one song doesn't show versatility.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2003, 09:22:34 AM »
G Rap & Pun murderd him
Your Jokin there right

Oh and why U own all his albums
If his big words dont impress U and he has no versatility  :-\