What's the future of this state??

Should join with India
8 (47.1%)
Should join with Pakistan
5 (29.4%)
Become a Democratic Republic
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Kashmir: the much ignored issue  (Read 590 times)

Eidolon_Ravi

Kashmir: the much ignored issue
« on: September 03, 2003, 03:39:19 AM »
 THIS IS MY 100th POST!!!! ;D

So friends.. I need all ur votes on this damn Important issue which has been in a deadlock for the past 50 years!!!

It involves the world's two newly crowned nuclear powers...

It involves ppl. of two different RELIGIONS...

The deep bleeding wound created by the partition has not healed as yet...

The stakes are pretty high.. and so are the tempers... >:(

What do u think is the
           Cause... and
           Future of this Kashmir Problem..

an issue which has claimed more lives than all the gulf wars put together and affected the lives of billiions...

« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 03:41:22 AM by Eidolon_Sun »

Don Seer

Re:Kashmir: the much ignored issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 04:02:13 AM »
Personally I don't understand all the issues involved.

But.. where two different religions are concerned its it makes for an uneasy recipe in my eyes.

Causes? religion, territorial instincts,

Based on my limited knowledge the future can have two paths.

war - continuous, destructive, probably until there is a victor. risk of nukes? ouch.
 peace - hmm, maybe if its made into its own nation-state

(votes should be democratic republic)

reminds me of a the similar situation with the temple mount.. assuming that is there are religious sites and artifiacts related to both parties in the disputed region.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 04:05:06 AM by Overseer »

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 09:10:14 AM »
Kashmir, Pakistan, India, and even Bangledash should ALL be UNITED like they were before the colonial period when the West carved up Muslim lands and planted the seeds for the prevailing tyranny and destruction that now plaques the once unified region.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 09:11:35 AM by Ibrahim Islam »

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:42:50 AM »
Kashmir, Pakistan, India, and even Bangledash should ALL be UNITED like they were before the colonial period when the West carved up Muslim lands and planted the seeds for the prevailing tyranny and destruction that now plaques the once unified region.

This could remain only *the good samartian's Fantasy*...

The seeds of religion once sown reap a very rich harvest and this harvest cannot be destroyed cuz it feeds so many fanatics.. who thrive on them and will never let them rot...
The colonialists had a hand in the partition but moreso had the political leaders who were driven by the greed of leading a new sovereign...
 The Mahatma (gandhi) was indeed devastated by the partition...

For the Uninformed:

Bfore independence Kashmir was a beautiful muslim dominated country ruled justly by a Hindu king. The king refused to side with either India or pak after the partition... but when the Pak attacked the land the king took refuge in India nad appealed for indian millitary intervention... the Indian army retaliated and pushed back the invading forces and recovered almost 2/3 of the land. but hten the then PM of India J. Nehru made haste and went to the UN who immediately ordered a cease fire.. so from then onwards there have been regular wars betn the countries...

The countries then signed the Lahore treaty by which the LOC (line of control) was  made official and troops were deployed along it.. there was a lull after the 1917 war till the end of 1980's after which the Jehad againg gained momentum...

This jehad against the Indian occupied Kashmir is gaining more ground becuz of the volatile leadership in Pak. which has witnessed a number of coups and assasiantions @ the highest level... the jehad is still continuiing with attacks against the kashmiri Pundits ( Hindus) and religious places in Himalayas like that of Amarnath...

The talks have resumed with the US intervention in the issue and the two nations are now aiming to conduct Bilateral talks to resolve it.. But then again disrupted by the regular incidents of terrorism in Kashmir...

To me only a full scaled Nuclear war seems to be the most feasible option... ;).. keep polling..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 10:28:17 AM »
There is only one course of action, and everybody in the region understands this.

Put in place the long standing UN Resolution callin for a plesbicite in Kashmir. The people of Kashmir should have the right to self determination. India claims it is a democracy, yet it is suppressing the peoples will in Kashmir.
India refuses to allow a vote, claiming it is an internal matter. The Pakistanis- through years of funding and arming of infiltrating militias- have lost the love of the majority of Kashmiris. The best option is an election.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 01:05:19 PM »
What I suggested is not an impossibility.  Pakistan, India, and Bangledash are bound by common race and language (mostly).  It would not be impossible for all of them to unite like they were less than a century ago.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2003, 01:05:38 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

ONETIME

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 01:14:52 PM »
jus puttin my thots.........i think it shu join pakistan.....KAZ.....there has been fights between HIDNU and muslims...nd it wund never end....period......so....HINDUs in tht region hate MUSLIMS vice verse.....if KASHMIR is independent, one of the countries is gona attack on it for sure.....so the best thing is to let it go to pakistan kaz KASHMIR is a Muslim state, and when the Ind-Pak formed it was said tht the place wit the most mulsims shud goto pakistan, but there was some BS on it, anyways, Kashmir shud goto pakistan, independently, kashmir is not able to support itself, and for sure a country is gona attack on it, so its better tht the Muslim state of kashmir goes to the Islamic republic of Pakistan.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 01:29:35 PM »
I believe it should become its own independent state, with its own central government. If not that, then cut it right down the middle ;D

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 11:55:09 PM »
jus puttin my thots.........i think it shu join pakistan.....KAZ.....there has been fights between HIDNU and muslims...nd it wund never end....period......so....HINDUs in tht region hate MUSLIMS vice verse.....if KASHMIR is independent, one of the countries is gona attack on it for sure.....so the best thing is to let it go to pakistan kaz KASHMIR is a Muslim state, and when the Ind-Pak formed it was said tht the place wit the most mulsims shud goto pakistan, but there was some BS on it, anyways, Kashmir shud goto pakistan, independently, kashmir is not able to support itself, and for sure a country is gona attack on it, so its better tht the Muslim state of kashmir goes to the Islamic republic of Pakistan.

THat's true.. But there's lot of HINDU shrines: Amarnath.. Vaishnov Devi .. .. the holiest ones.. in Kashmir Valley....

pakistan is a religious state.. a muslim one.. and cannot guarantee the upkeep and the inflow of hindu saints who come in hordes into these shrines...

That's not the only issue..politically India is a Secular state and is very tolerant towards all relgions and for that matter there are more number of Muslims living in India than in Pakistan... and in most places they live a peaceful co-existence..
 If Kashmir goes into the hands of a A fundamentalist state (read Pak) it can go into ruin..
 When the state itself is in a state of political disorder.. and suffereing from a poor economy - (most of the money goes in increasing the millitary and funding terrorista organizations), it won't be able to secure the stability of a newly induced state and provide security to the multi ethinic citizens of that state....

My best bet is *INDIA*

Please let the votes keeep coming in...

ONETIME

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2003, 08:32:32 AM »
u ve nice points, but let me re-state somethings, every year millions of SIKHS from INDIA come to PAKISTAN to pray in their biggest or 2nd biggest GURDWARA, and do any of the sikhs get treated like shit ??? no, nothing near, those INDIAN SIKHS R TREATED VERY NICELY, THEIR FOOD, HOTELING, TRANSPORTATION EVERYTHING IS FREE AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN PAKISTAN, and if ur saying tht Pakistan's economy is low, than if u compare it with India, we are able to support our POPULATION better than INDIA, ur population is already out of handas and cannot be controlled, so how can u control a whole another state ??? and money wise India is only around 1.3% better than Pakistan, doesnt makes a big difference, plus ur talking about Muslims in India, you see Muslims in India as general, the rich ones, those movie starts and etc. look at the low life Muslims in India, they get treated like shit, around 300 Muslim families have migrated to Pakistan in the last 3 years, and now india is not allowing any more ppl. to migrate to pakistan.......

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2003, 11:33:42 AM »
I don't really care what happens in Kashmir.  I'm american, and we're not allowed to attempt to help any situation without being attacked, so I'd rather let India & pakistan kill every civilian in the region before I'd help them.  Fuck 'em.  I hope they figure something out on their own.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2003, 11:35:55 AM »
war - continuous, destructive, probably until there is a victor. risk of nukes? ouch.
 peace - hmm, maybe if its made into its own nation-state

Unfortunately, there is never peace unless a war is won.  Peace follows victory.  

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 08:39:50 AM »
every year millions of SIKHS from INDIA come to PAKISTAN to pray in their biggest or 2nd biggest GURDWARA, and do any of the sikhs get treated like shit  no, nothing near, those INDIAN SIKHS R TREATED VERY NICELY, THEIR FOOD, HOTELING, TRANSPORTATION EVERYTHING IS FREE AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN PAKISTAN

Every year millions of hindu muslims and muslims from abroad come to visit holy ,uslim shrines in India like Jama Masjid, Bibi- Ka- Makbara and the like.. Millions are allowed by the indian givernment to undertake the Haj pilgrimage to the gulf.. And then again u must remember that Pak Muslims always have a soft corner for the Sikhs espcially after Indira Gandhi's assasination.... and the resulting sikh riots...

than INDIA, ur population is already out of handas and cannot be controlled, so how can u control a whole another state  and money wise India is only around 1.3% better than Pakistan, doesnt makes a big difference, plus ur talking about Muslims in India, you see Muslims in India as general, the rich ones, those movie starts and etc. look at the low life Muslims in India, they get treated like shit, around 300 Muslim families have migrated to Pakistan in the last 3 years, and now india is not allowing any more ppl. to migrate to pakistan.......

India is pretty much controlling its population.. and the reason the population of pakistan is LOW is becuz - its have a very high Mortality rate... and the govt. doesn't have money even to provide health care to its ppl. and u expect India to send its citizens to such a underpoverished nation whose main aim is to topple existing govt.s, harbor terrorists and create a fundamentalist muslim state????

also for ur information at the start of 2000, Pakistan suffered three disadvantages vis-à-vis India. The growth rate of the Indian economy in the 1990s was 6.1 per cent against 4 per cent for Pakistan, according to the World Development Report. Pakistan's low growth rate can be attributed to poor record of governance in the Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharif regimes. In 2000, Pakistan was suffering from the economic `mis'governance of the past decade.

Pakistan, much smaller than India, spends a higher share of its national income on Defence. India's GDP was $442 billion in 1999 against $64 billion for Pakistan. India spent 2.8 per cent of its GDP on defence against Pakistan's 5.7 per cent. In 2000, Pakistan was affected by a drought while India had a normal monsoon. The growth rate of agriculture in Pakistan was (-) 2.5 per cent in 2001, down from a positive growth of 6.5 per cent in 2000. Indian agriculture's growth rate increased to 5.7 per cent in 2001 from (-) 0.2 per cent in 2000 due to normal rains.

Thus, Pakistan suffered from three disadvantages: It had gone through a decade of democratic bad governance, a drought, and spent a greater portion of its income on Defence. One would have expected Pakistan's economic situation to deteriorate in 2001 in comparison to India. But the Asian Development Outlook, published by the Asian Development Bank, gives us the exact opposite picture.

Am I justified?? 8)

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2003, 08:42:29 AM »
I don't really care what happens in Kashmir.  I'm american, and we're not allowed to attempt to help any situation without being attacked, so I'd rather let India & pakistan kill every civilian in the region before I'd help them.  Fuck 'em.  I hope they figure something out on their own.  

as for u Trauma.. u may as well stick to posting in ur sick Racist threads..

For all u pass(read *piss*) in here will surely turn this into one of ur *garbage* threads...

ONETIME

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2003, 09:24:08 AM »
every year millions of SIKHS from INDIA come to PAKISTAN to pray in their biggest or 2nd biggest GURDWARA, and do any of the sikhs get treated like shit  no, nothing near, those INDIAN SIKHS R TREATED VERY NICELY, THEIR FOOD, HOTELING, TRANSPORTATION EVERYTHING IS FREE AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN PAKISTAN

Millions are allowed by the indian givernment to undertake the Haj pilgrimage to the gulf..

is it a big deal to allow them to go for Hajj ??? more thn million muslims go for Haj to the gulf from other non-muslim countries