Poll

Should a civilized society allow Capital Punisment (death) for the Guilty??

Yeah: Kill those *fuckas*
3 (21.4%)
Nope: They are Inhuman. Give them a chance to reform, put 'em in jail
7 (50%)
Uhh..Maybe: Depends on the degree of crime committed
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Death Sentences: Are they JUSTIFIED??  (Read 755 times)

Don Seer

Re:Death Sentences: Are they JUSTIFIED??
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2003, 01:57:02 AM »
Rapist will rape again and mass-murderers will murder again - always - like ppl like owen always come back to wcc..

owen could come back anytime he wants, he wasnt banned, he left.

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2003, 02:24:44 AM »
Yes they are. Murderers need to be dead. I belive in the idea for an eye for an eye. In Saudi Arabia they remove a hand of a burgler. Great law! People will think twice before they commit a crime.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2003, 04:48:11 AM »
Yes they are. Murderers need to be dead. I belive in the idea for an eye for an eye. In Saudi Arabia they remove a hand of a burgler. Great law! People will think twice before they commit a crime.

but if you kill them, they wont be able to think twice about commiting a crime, coz theyre dead. cut their arms off, maybe?

kick ass album

bez

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2003, 04:48:56 AM »
In some cases YES but in other no.  If a person has killed like 10 people in cold blood then I would be like fuck it death sentance but only in majjjjjor circumstances.  Keeping people that dangerous alive is a waist of the tax payers money so I would have them killed.

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2003, 05:09:15 AM »

but if you kill them, they wont be able to think twice about commiting a crime, coz theyre dead. cut their arms off, maybe?

That prevents crime ;)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2003, 08:36:34 AM »
Rapist will rape again and mass-murderers will murder again - always - like ppl like owen always come back to wcc..

owen could come back anytime he wants, he wasnt banned, he left.

i know
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2003, 09:11:53 AM »
^ Yeah, I agree.  "Murder is never right' but who the fuck said we're all right?  People have emotions, and people are vengeful, and the world isn't perfect.  To a murderer, there's no rationality, so who really gives a fuck if we treat them right or not?  The ONLY drawback I have against not just being gung-ho fuck the world is that sometimes mistakes are made, and murderers are actually innocent.  If it's a cut and dry case though, where it's obvious who did it, I say torture them, work them to death, and then kill them whenever they're of no use to us anymore.  

Perfect example: Susan Smith.  Murdered her two sons by drowning them in a lake in south carolina.  Kill her.  She deserves to die, she is no good to the world.  It's not going to do anybody good, it's not going to bring the kids back, but fuck her.  she doesn't deserve the grace of life.  

People say "Oh, but that makes you as bad as her!!! It's murder!!!" but fuck that.  In her case, she killed someone who didn't do anything.  She's done plenty to deserve to die, for some crimes, I just have little mercy.  Maybe that's not the best way to do it, but I'm not perfect, and that's how I think.

Okay Now view this from this angle:

*Isn't it a hallmark of a civilized society to accept extreme manifestations of human behaviour???*

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2003, 09:20:02 AM »
yes. how many countries supposedly civilised still do this?

america.. and erm...  ?

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2003, 09:33:06 AM »

america.. and erm...  ?

hahaha see what I mean 8) 8) ;D

mauzip

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2003, 11:40:38 AM »

america.. and erm...  ?

hahaha see what I mean 8) 8) ;D

That means a lot of countries have retarded people who make that kind of laws.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2003, 01:24:45 PM »
If you ask me it is complete hypocrisy. If the law is "no-one can kill", then the punishment cannot be a killing. Its stupid. And as for the argument that it prevents crime, america has larger murder rates than most of europe, where the death penalty does not exist. I can understand how people can be extremely angry, but look at some possible falldowns. A case which is close to my heart. A local group of lads from around here were out one night (i know most of these lads personnally) and a fight broke out between two of them after the club. One of them punched the other and he hit the kerb, and died later that night. Even though they were friends and it was a drunken fight, one of them is dead, therefore its murder. Now the lad who did it is not a bad guy, but hes serving time for it. I knew the guy who died because he was a close friends brother, so I understand the pain. But I dont see how taking another life would have been justified.
Now I know there are mass murderers and serial rapists who perhaps deserve nothing less than death, but that is not in our hands to decide.Because that DOES make us as bad as them. Give them life without parole. That way theyll never harm anyone again. And as for those who say that prisoners get soft treatment i say come on, open your eyes. What about that paedo priest who was bounded gagged and beaten to death infront of prison officers and other prisoners by a neo nazi just a few weeks ago? Does that sound like cushy treatment?  Its a very draconian law, the death penalty. I cant think of any "civilised" country that uses it other than america, and look at the state of crime there. I mean what next? Haha, i even saw someone mentioning amputating hands!Jesus...
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2003, 03:35:52 PM »
^^ If someone raped and stabbed your mother, video taped it, and played it on public television, you'd probably want them dead.  You, Overseer, and all the rest that are supposedly against the death penalty would change your mind really fucking quick if it happened to you.  I know you want to act like you're above that, but your'e not.

I'm just being real here.  I wish I could forgive people like that, but I can't.  Fuck 'em.  They deserve to die.  It's been like that since the beginning of time, and it will be like that until the end of time.  

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2003, 03:15:41 AM »
^^ If someone raped and stabbed your mother, video taped it, and played it on public television, you'd probably want them dead.  You, Overseer, and all the rest that are supposedly against the death penalty would change your mind really fucking quick if it happened to you.  I know you want to act like you're above that, but your'e not.

I'm just being real here.  I wish I could forgive people like that, but I can't.  Fuck 'em.  They deserve to die.  It's been like that since the beginning of time, and it will be like that until the end of time.  

Spoken like vintage *Charles Bronson* in death wish... I hope he doen't turn in his coffin when he hears these remarks...RIP...

But not many liked the way he acted in his film back then... he had a lot of critics who blasted his actions... and there are few who'll second that kind of revenge behaviour NOW.. cuz humans r supposed to act with more restraint...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 03:17:55 AM by Eidolon_Sun »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2003, 03:07:57 PM »

if your brother who happened to be mentally disturbed did that to another woman... would you want him dead?

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2003, 03:41:38 PM »
Yeah, of course id want them dead, and id do it myself, because my mother died when i was fifteen i know the pain of that and if someone was to blame i would have fucked them up badly.

Having said that it's another thing for the law to be capital punishment. It doesnt set the right example. Just because I wanted the guy dead doesnt make it right. Just like him wanting his victim dead didnt justify his actions. The law should lead by example. If I knew the murderer was behind bars, i may not be happy, but we're safe. After all thats the aim of prisons
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK