Author Topic: the new west side connection album will be th biggest west album since dre 2001  (Read 1187 times)

SGV

2001 was the definition of classic? LMAO. It was hot, real good album, but it didn't define shit.

Jome

2001 was the definition of classic? LMAO. It was hot, real good album, but it didn't define shit.

If 2001 didn't define the hiphop sound of the 00's, what did ??

SGV

First, it dropped in 99, so that was not the sound of the 2000's. Second, Blueprint is probably what defined the sound of the current time.

As for 2001, 2001 was just The Chronic, updated.

Jome

First, it dropped in 99, so that was not the sound of the 2000's. Second, Blueprint is probably what defined the sound of the current time.

As for 2001, 2001 was just The Chronic, updated.

First, it dropped late '99, which meant that 95% of hiphop-albums 2000->> was/is influenced by the 2001-sound.

2nd, the Blueprint sound was already "in" at the time Jay-Z started using it, he just took it to another level, and made more or less a whole album with that theme.
Many people credit Lil Fame's "Cold as Ice" for this sound..

2001-influence can be heard in just about every hiphop album, and the Dre-clones are everywhere.
2001 had a totally different sound than The Chronic, even though it recaptured some of that magic feeling.

SGV

First, it dropped late '99, which meant that 95% of hiphop-albums 2000->> was/is influenced by the 2001-sound.

2nd, the Blueprint sound was already "in" at the time Jay-Z started using it, he just took it to another level, and made more or less a whole album with that theme.
Many people credit Lil Fame's "Cold as Ice" for this sound..

2001-influence can be heard in just about every hiphop album, and the Dre-clones are everywhere.
2001 had a totally different sound than The Chronic, even though it recaptured some of that magic feeling.

To define an era, it has to be in the era. Straight Outta Compton didn't define the sound of the 90s because it dropped in the 80s.

And, please, Lil Fame was not the first person to use sped-up voice samples. LMAO. Blueprint made it a fashion to use sped-up voice samples, and you hear everyone doing it now.

Jome

To define an era, it has to be in the era. Straight Outta Compton didn't define the sound of the 90s because it dropped in the 80s.

And, please, Lil Fame was not the first person to use sped-up voice samples. LMAO. Blueprint made it a fashion to use sped-up voice samples, and you hear everyone doing it now.

Wether 2001 was released in December 1999 or January 2000 makes no difference, 2000 and forward is where it's influence is shown, how the fuck can 2001 influence the 90's when it's released December 1999 ?? LMAO

"Cold as Ice" was the success that made everybody use oleskoo-samples, when even the grimeyest/hardcore underground cats could get their video on MTV, everybody followed their lead.

"Blueprint made it a fashion to use sped-up voice samples"

Yeah, that's what I said, Blueprint took it to another level.
But it DID NOT invent it or break new ground.
If you hear more Blueprint-influence in todays albums than 2001 influence, you must be listening to The Diplomats or something, that's where you can find more oldschool (samples) than in your mamas LP-collection.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 10:05:38 PM by Jome Banks »

SGV

Wether 2001 was released in December 1999 or January 2000 makes no difference, 2000 and forward is where it's influence is shown, how the fuck can 2001 influence the 90's when it's released December 1999 ?? LMAO

"Cold as Ice" was the success that made everybody use oleskoo-samples, when even the grimeyest/hardcore underground cats could get their video on MTV, everybody followed their lead.

"Blueprint made it a fashion to use sped-up voice samples"

Yeah, that's what I said, Blueprint took it to another level.
But it DID NOT invent it or break new ground.
If you hear more Blueprint-influence in todays albums than 2001 influence, you must be listening to The Diplomats or something, that's where you can find more oldschool (samples) than in your mamas LP-collection.

2001 may have influenced the sound in the 2000s, but it didn't define the sound. Did Parliment define G-Funk? No. But, it influenced it.

LMAO. Yea, I'm sure everyone seen how successful M.O.P. was with "Cold As Ice." Due, really. If you think that M.O.P. made it big, or really got their shine off that single, you're kidding yourself. "Ante Up," got them their fame, shine and recognition, not "Cold As Ice."

If Blueprint didn't break new ground, what new ground did 2001 break?

Oh and Jome. You can hear the sound Blueprint made popular in The Alchemist, Saigon, Cunninlynguists, Eminem, Diplomats, Mack 10/Da Hood and more.

Tha_Reverend

Jome, you're waisting your breath here.  It is no mystery that our wonderful friend SGV here, is THE biggest Dre hater any of us have ever seen.  he will try and try again to steal any credit from Dre.  and that's ok.  it's his opinion.  but Dre is on top and becuase of that he gets shot at.  

and I'm surpised that you even argue,  cuase you the biggest Jigga groupee here too. lol.. stop fighting children please.

8) 8) 8)

Jome

LMAO. Yea, I'm sure everyone seen how successful M.O.P. was with "Cold As Ice." Due, really. If you think that M.O.P. made it big, or really got their shine off that single, you're kidding yourself. "Ante Up," got them their fame, shine and recognition, not "Cold As Ice."

If Blueprint didn't break new ground, what new ground did 2001 break?

Oh and Jome. You can hear the sound Blueprint made popular in The Alchemist, Saigon, Cunninlynguists, Eminem, Diplomats, Mack 10/Da Hood and more.

Lol, more or less invalid points.

Alchemist produces for Saigon, and Alchemist used that sound a long time before Kanye West & Just Blaze did, but not with the same soundscan numbers.
I thought you would know this, with you being heavy into the underground and all ?

Eminem is the second worst example, he uses 200 times more Dre-influenced beats than Blueprint-influenced.
Take any Eminem-beat, and spot the 2001-bass, kicks and drums right away. Bingo.

The Diplomats (thank you for repeating my point  ;)) is the biggest example of Blueprint-influence, in other words: The Heatmakerz.
They're a parody on The Blueprint, and how big can you really say that The Diplomats are ??
Except from on SOHH, they have made no impact at all.

And the last and worst of your horrible examples: Mack 10/Da Hood.. ROFL
Da Hood was mainly produced by Young Trey, which again is a total ripoff off who.. ??
Yeah, that's right, Dr.Dre !!!!
Who's next on your list, Scott Storch and Fredwreck ?

Jome

Jome, you're waisting your breath here.  It is no mystery that our wonderful friend SGV here, is THE biggest Dre hater any of us have ever seen.  he will try and try again to steal any credit from Dre.  and that's ok.  it's his opinion.  but Dre is on top and becuase of that he gets shot at.  

and I'm surpised that you even argue,  cuase you the biggest Jigga groupee here too. lol.. stop fighting children please.

Yeah, true.
But it's funny to see SGV argue the fact that Dre is the biggest influence in hiphop by using Dre-clones as examples on the opposite...  ;D ;D ;D

SGV

Lol, more or less invalid points.(LMAO.)

Alchemist produces for Saigon, and Alchemist used that sound a long time before Kanye West & Just Blaze did, but not with the same soundscan numbers.
I thought you would know this, with you being heavy into the underground and all ?(Alchemist has used the sound, and so have many people, Kanye and Just Bleezy didn't invent it, they made it popular. They made it a standard in Hip Hop. Just like Ice-T didn't create Gangsta Rap, he made into a standard.)

Eminem is the second worst example, he uses 200 times more Dre-influenced beats than Blueprint-influenced.
Take any Eminem-beat, and spot the 2001-bass, kicks and drums right away. Bingo.(Em was taught by Dre, what do you expect. But, I've never seen Em get props like he is for "Runnin." That's a Kanye stlye beat.)

The Diplomats (thank you for repeating my point  ;)) is the biggest example of Blueprint-influence, in other words: The Heatmakerz.
They're a parody on The Blueprint, and how big can you really say that The Diplomats are ??
Except from on SOHH, they have made no impact at all.(I'm starting to see the Dipset movement get a lot bigger. It's not just SOHH. People are digging their tapes, digging their style, too. Pink is becoming more and more a fashion.)

And the last and worst of your horrible examples: Mack 10/Da Hood.. ROFL
Da Hood was mainly produced by Young Trey, which again is a total ripoff off who.. ??
Yeah, that's right, Dr.Dre !!!!(If the track I'm thinking about was produced by Young Trey, then I'm sorry, you're wrong.)
Who's next on your list, Scott Storch and Fredwreck ?

Put it this way.

Swizz Beats
Alchemist
Ayatollah
Eminem
Kanye West
Just Blaze

All pretty big name producers using the same sound at one time or another.

Let's see who uses Dre's sound.

Young Trey, outside of Cali, who is he?
Eminem, granted.
Fred Wreck, outside of Cali, who is he?
Scott Storch, Dre's musician, so really, how is he Dre's clone?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
although this is going mad off topic, i got to defend my man jome here

i don't know where the fuck you get the blueprint being more influencial to modern day hip hop than 2001......

first off havn't you noticed that many songs (hit songs at that) have used similar note timing schemes as the next episode?

blueprint is lyrically influencial if anything.....the blueprint really didn't bring ALL THAT much to hip hop production that wasn't already dabbled in .

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

first off havn't you noticed that many songs (hit songs at that) have used similar note timing schemes as the next episode?

blueprint is lyrically influencial if anything.....the blueprint really didn't bring ALL THAT much to hip hop production that wasn't already dabbled in .
If you put it that way, then credit Rockwilder for using the sample pretty much the same way, first. And, that would mean 2001 didn't bring ALL THAT much to hip hop production that wasn't already dabbled in.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
why do you guys make it so complex, its easy to see that Dre influenced so many artists in music with the 2001 album. Pick any album, you can easily tell its Dre influenced, and there is nothing you can change about it.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Jome

why do you guys make it so complex, its easy to see that Dre influenced so many artists in music with the 2001 album. Pick any album, you can easily tell its Dre influenced, and there is nothing you can change about it.

SGV is in denial. BIG TIME !!  ;D
Blinded by hate.