Author Topic: yo wats the word on xzibit?  (Read 338 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
yo wats the word on xzibit?
« on: January 13, 2004, 10:07:02 AM »
yo wats he sayin these days? homies been hidin for way to long...........whens his album droppin?........what happened to his mixtape?

budsmokeronly

Re:yo wats the word on xzibit?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 10:35:09 AM »
I think he signed to aftermath, so it could be a long ass time before he drops his album.  Hopefully he starts getting more involved in strong arm steady gang.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 10:38:40 AM »
I think he signed to aftermath, so it could be a long ass time before he drops his album.  Hopefully he starts getting more involved in strong arm steady gang.

he signed to aftermath??? dont lie.............man thats ashame homie thought at this stage in his career, he needs to be signed to aftermath to sell........he was already affilaited and had dre beats comin, which was good enough, homie should have concentrated on gettin his own shit out and promotin his own label..........u sure his signed to dre? any official word on this, cuz i thought it was bullshit back in the day

peace

budsmokeronly

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 10:45:54 AM »
I'm 90% sure he signed to either aftermath or shady records.  Even though he is already an established artist, he still wants to sell as many records as possible.  Aftermath is the best label for him to do that.  X is a sellout just like snoop and dre, he wants $$$$, and I doubt that he would make more money in any other move than signing with shady/aftermath.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 10:55:14 AM »
I'm 90% sure he signed to either aftermath or shady records.  Even though he is already an established artist, he still wants to sell as many records as possible.  Aftermath is the best label for him to do that.  X is a sellout just like snoop and dre, he wants $$$$, and I doubt that he would make more money in any other move than signing with shady/aftermath.

lol i agree with ya apart from the sell out spot.........u know weaint ever gon agree on that  ;)...........i dont think snoop/dre are sellouts......jus like xzibit........i jus think they all made mistakes.......

so if his signed to shady or aftermath...........looks like we gon be waitin forever for his next record
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 10:57:11 AM by LyRiCaL_G »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 11:07:59 AM »
I can see Snoop being a sellout, but not Dre... Who he fucked with that wasn't put on by himself or wasn't a legend in the game already? I ain't never seen Dre working with somebody as a move to just make Dre more money.

Anyway, on the Xzibit situation, I don't think he's with Shady or the math... It was rumored about a while back, but nobody ever gave a confirmation to it. Not any news media, none of the artists (Em, Dre or X) and not even some DJ or something...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »
I can see Snoop being a sellout, but not Dre... Who he fucked with that wasn't put on by himself or wasn't a legend in the game already? I ain't never seen Dre working with somebody as a move to just make Dre more money.

Anyway, on the Xzibit situation, I don't think he's with Shady or the math... It was rumored about a while back, but nobody ever gave a confirmation to it. Not any news media, none of the artists (Em, Dre or X) and not even some DJ or something...

x told me personally on the fone that hes wit aftermath.. bout 4 months ago he said that.. now if its true i dont know lol

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 11:16:53 AM »
why would he not sign with them?  Like I said its the best deal he can get, hands down.  Plus, who wouldn't want dre executive producer of your album (besides Daz)?  I'd say it would be most artists dream come true to be on dre's label.  And we all know dre likes working wit xzibit, so I'm sure its a done deal.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 11:37:28 AM »
the only thing bad I see about X bein signed to the aftermath is we prolly gonna have to wait a while for his next album to drop

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 12:13:06 PM »
the only thing bad I see about X bein signed to the aftermath is we prolly gonna have to wait a while for his next album to drop

And it will most likely to 75-100% produced by Dre, when most Xzibit fans want to return to the more grimy beats of At The Speed Of Life and 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 12:35:08 PM »

And it will most likely to 75-100% produced by Dre, when most Xzibit fans want to return to the more grimy beats of At The Speed Of Life and 40 Dayz and 40 Nigh
this is tru....

budsmokeronly

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 01:17:32 PM »
man I don't know why people don't like X over dre beats.  I think Restless is one of the hottest albums to drop in the last 5 years.  It was one of the best that dropped the year it did, and it dropped right around the same time last meal dropped, and it blew last meal away imo.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 01:21:18 PM »
People don't like "Restless" cuz not only are they Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath haters, but they prefer that hip-hop sound a lot more. Personally I thought "Restless" was bangin'. Anyways, I'm still wondering wha'sup with that JT and Young Buck project X was supposed to put out. That shit sounded hot.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »
man I don't know why people don't like X over dre beats.  I think Restless is one of the hottest albums to drop in the last 5 years.  It was one of the best that dropped the year it did, and it dropped right around the same time last meal dropped, and it blew last meal away imo.

man i agree with you there, restless is hella dope imo. maybe not as good as 40 dayz and 40 nightz, but it was sure fuckin dope

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 03:15:31 PM »
People don't like "Restless" cuz not only are they Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath haters, but they prefer that hip-hop sound a lot more. Personally I thought "Restless" was bangin'. Anyways, I'm still wondering wha'sup with that JT and Young Buck project X was supposed to put out. That shit sounded hot.

I prefer a more grimy hiphop sound, why does that make me a Shady/G Unit/Aftermath hater? I'm not hating on them because of who they are, I'm just not feeling their music because that isn't the kind of sound that I like my hiphop to have.