Author Topic: MURS disses white kids, 2pac fans  (Read 1526 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:MURS disses white kids, 2pac fans
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 10:14:33 AM »
once again, a fairly stagnant topic has become another race topic....

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 10:16:53 AM »
the real gangsters were whiteboys, why keeps everyone acting like he doesnt know that?
black gangstaz are most frequently just lousy small-time criminals killing each other. wow.

i agree to some degree...

john gotti, al capone, john dillinger

it's true, those guys could get your own mother to kill you. those guys ran whole areas of the country, not some small little piece of land.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2004, 12:09:04 PM »
the real gangsters were whiteboys, why keeps everyone acting like he doesnt know that?
black gangstaz are most frequently just lousy small-time criminals killing each other. wow.

I'm black and I agree with this somewhat, but it's funny. The real gangsters were the italians and others who were around in the 20s, the al capones and all of them, and if you look at rap, 85% of the so-called gangstas and thugs took their image and all..especially all the rappers with the fake italian mob names. But at the same time, the couple of "white boys" that try to be gangsta nowadays are copyin the black rappers who really copied the white gangstas earlier. So it's a cycle.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2004, 03:02:48 PM »

I'm black and I agree with this somewhat, but it's funny. The real gangsters were the italians and others who were around in the 20s, the al capones and all of them, and if you look at rap, 85% of the so-called gangstas and thugs took their image and all..especially all the rappers with the fake italian mob names. But at the same time, the couple of "white boys" that try to be gangsta nowadays are copyin the black rappers who really copied the white gangstas earlier. So it's a cycle.

exactly. I mean shit gets visible when black rappers give each other names like "daz dillinger" and "young gotti".
but I guess why white wannabe-Gs relate to black guys when they try to be gangsta.. since Im not from america I cant tell exactly, but I assume the cause is gangsta rap. most rappers are black, most gangsta rappers are black. They write gangsta lyrics. They wear what they call gangsta style. They behave what they think is gangsta.
However, originally being a Gangster just meant to earn your money in practicing criminal activities. So, if you sell Alcohol during prohibition youre a gangster .. look at al capone.
Some black dudes who robbed other black dudes on the streets or liquor stores, the people that I'd call lousy small-time criminals, started to rap. They saw that they lived the gangster-lifestyle somehow, from a different platform tho. But that didnt matter. So they started to rap. Rap about their life. And as you know, Crime Sells. 50 Cent Sells. Gangsta Sells.
So, bein gangsta became cool. Who wants to be uncool? Noone. Consequently, even white people wanted to be cool. So the adopted the culture black men adopted in some different way from the origninal white gangsters.
It became an insult to rappers if you called them not-gangsters. Many ppl even think like HipHop=Gangsta nowadays. And they dont think about the real ass criminal gangster way, but the fubu gangsta way. Can you blame them? In most so-called hiphop stores you find fubu and co. And this is considered gangstawear over here, dont know why, since the original gangsters wore black suits and ties.

Long story short, you was right about the circle.
Thank God you didnt act like a bitch cause I said what I said, because sometimes black dudes trip if they areconsidered not-gangsta(Today Coolio tripped because of that too), vice versa I trip when someone calls me a gangsta (maybe because he must be ironic). Well, I dont know about America as previously mentioned, but over here blacks I happened to meet are usually friendly and shit, not extremely rough or whatever you consider to be 'gangsta'.

btw: never forget that gangsta-rap isnt all of rap and rap isnt all of hip hop! pz
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 02:57:05 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Foesum

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2004, 04:27:26 PM »
fuck Murs, hip-hop is colorless

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 05:32:59 PM »
hip hop was started by brothas and latino's don't forget it bitches,"hip hop is colorless"as a famous white rapper said in the past "must have been a white guy who started all that", fucc it call me a racist,i will take that stance,and yes white guys were original gangsters,but as far as this thug rap shit,they ain't got nothing to do with it as far as the "real rhymes" go,and the fact of the matter is MURS IS A ILL MC,and also yall trying to say that brothas that bang aren't real gangstas???????? how many of you white muthafuccas get active in hood? speaking that bullshit,tell a nigga to his face that shit and see what cracc,if yall got problems with brothas screamin on cracca's don't get involved with this shit,it's been like this since the days of nwa and xclan,yall knew that shit so what the fucc,man brothas be cool with white folk,and welcome yall with open arms,yet yall still wanna cry over every lil time we speak on yall,go through the bullshit we been through then holla,funny thing is alot of muthafuccas be speaking on shit and they ain't even from america and ain't never been here,yeah i'm off topic,but i swear cuzz,yall white muthafuccas be getting on my damn nerves,make me want to slap some of yall fo real
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

BL7

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 06:23:27 PM »
It's funny how people stand up for Eminem when he used the 'n' word, yet muthafuckas diss MURS for this. He didn't even say anything racist.

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2004, 06:40:06 PM »
^^^^^yeah it makes you think
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2004, 07:50:39 PM »
It's funny how people stand up for Eminem when he used the 'n' word, yet muthafuckas diss MURS for this. He didn't even say anything racist.

Real talk.

That verse was real. I go to school with some wannabe gangsta-Whites, all they listen to is 2Pac. They wear bandanas and all that other gang paraphenalia.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2004, 08:53:46 PM »
hip hop was started by brothas and latino's don't forget it bitches,"hip hop is colorless"as a famous white rapper said in the past "must have been a white guy who started all that", fucc it call me a racist,i will take that stance,and yes white guys were original gangsters,but as far as this thug rap shit,they ain't got nothing to do with it as far as the "real rhymes" go,and the fact of the matter is MURS IS A ILL MC,and also yall trying to say that brothas that bang aren't real gangstas???????? how many of you white muthafuccas get active in hood? speaking that bullshit,tell a nigga to his face that shit and see what cracc,if yall got problems with brothas screamin on cracca's don't get involved with this shit,it's been like this since the days of nwa and xclan,yall knew that shit so what the fucc,man brothas be cool with white folk,and welcome yall with open arms,yet yall still wanna cry over every lil time we speak on yall,go through the bullshit we been through then holla,funny thing is alot of muthafuccas be speaking on shit and they ain't even from america and ain't never been here,yeah i'm off topic,but i swear cuzz,yall white muthafuccas be getting on my damn nerves,make me want to slap some of yall fo real

thats funny because I was always under the influence the first person to rap was a WHITE WOMAN... Blondie for those who dont know

ecrazy

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2004, 12:26:57 AM »
Murs is the Truth

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2004, 02:06:31 AM »
Many people dunno what a gangsta is
They think thats a robber and use drugs
Or like the mafia protect ur onw family

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Smoke

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2004, 05:50:52 AM »
Very good track. 8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2004, 06:44:07 AM »
fuck Murs, hip-hop is colorless

True, true. A very good point. But I don't get the feeling Murs is really making it a race issue, but saying something about the wannabe-fakes and people who water Hip-Hop down to some poppy trend. For instance Hip-Hop clothing - some wear it "'cause it's the cool and hip and trendy thing to wear", some, like me, use it 'cause it expresses my love for the culture. The trendy people want to look like someone they saw on TV, the Hip-Hop heads dress how they themselves want to dress.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2004, 06:52:50 AM »

thats funny because I was always under the influence the first person to rap was a WHITE WOMAN... Blondie for those who dont know

Well whoever's influence you were under, it was deceiving you as i gaurentee you debbie reynolds was not the first person to rap. Fab 5 Freddy use to hang around with Blondie whle they were making records and he told them about hip-hop and rap and they thought they could use it to make a hit record, which they did.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...