Author Topic: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....  (Read 16447 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« on: July 14, 2004, 04:55:12 PM »
Some blame Mr Knight for this not seeing light of day, but to be honest with you, when you sit and listen to the album, its not the standards of those "Classic Death Row" LP's. Some say Crooked I's album tracks sounded to much like Freestyles and this was why the CD never droped. Thats not true, I honestly think the album did not drop because it wernt at the level of "The Chronic", or "Dogg Food". Production was not great either.

I also feel because Mr Knight was not there during the real production of the albums, that had an impact in the output.

Darren Vegas was good, but he needed to settle on a sound, his music was all over the place. There is some real uninspiring tracks, with great lyrics and vocals. The stand out tracks were not Vegas beats, rather that of Irv Gotti, Big Hutch, a track with Crooked I feat. Treach of Naughty By Nature and Devante production.

All I wanted to say is, the album was not a Classic, although if it was happeneing now, Knight would be there to stamp his touch. Crooked I has more than enough talent.

Dont go pasting this anywhere.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: Crooked I's Death Row Records album.....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 05:48:59 PM »
hm yea ok, but yet they released that shitty ass dysfunctional family soundtrack? i am more than sure that crooked i album was much better than that shit

2nd , i hope you realize that they havent released anything at all except old 2pac material and snoop material, and nothing will come close to chronic or doggystyle again, it's just different times, deathrow is dead and so is tha row

also i am wondering how do you judge his album when it never even came out? from all the tracks that got leaked or bootlegs + freestyles they released, that shit would be off the hook

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 06:07:13 PM »
I know it didnt come out, that doesnt mean I havent got it.

incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 06:29:01 PM »
I know it didnt come out, that doesnt mean I havent got it.

and what do you exactly have? Crooked I - Shittin On You (Bootleg) - 2002 ?
well i have listened to that and to
Crooked I - Westcoasanostra Vol. 1 - 2003
Crooked I - Young Boss Vol 1
Crooked I - Say Hi to the Bad Guy - (Promo) - 2003
Crooked I - Freestyles - 2003

and i am more than sure if that crooked i album came out, it would be dope

Comon man, if they released that soundtrack bullshit, they have released his album, it's a shame, people should just face it, Deathrow is dead

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »
I have all those and more. I also have his Death Row album featuring Too Short, J Valentine, Treach, Jayo Felony, Ashanti and more.

They released that Soundtrack in order to keep their name out there without it being a major release. Suge has some problems and stuff to deal with, he isnt ready for a major release right now, so if you have high hopes of seeing Death Row back this year, think again.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 07:19:29 AM »
Yes

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 07:37:45 AM »
Let me also add, this thread should stop people dissing Mr Knight and Dre for them not releasing certain albums:

Ok, Rakim was one that would have sounded good but albums from the likes of Tha Realest, Top Dogg, Swoop G, OFTB, Soopafly were just not Death Row quality.

Danny Boy's is good and was produced 60% by DJ Quik, but its R&B and unless your running the label you wont get an R&B album in stores from Death Row, and if Suge didnt get locked up it would have come out.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 09:08:46 AM »
If you have all this shit, I would pay you a lot to get to hear it

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 09:12:46 AM »

i wouldn't be surprised if it 'leaks' from sources near tha row close to a crook release on another label...

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 12:44:28 PM »
well if you have it, post it up and share

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 01:03:32 PM »
What you mean "If"? I had it for years. How do you think "I Love The Ghetto To Death" and "Dollaz In My Hand" got on Crooked I's Westcoastdynasty.com?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2004, 08:33:33 AM »
What you mean "If"? I had it for years. How do you think "I Love The Ghetto To Death" and "Dollaz In My Hand" got on Crooked I's Westcoastdynasty.com?
I just assumed Crooked I himself dropped it.  Would you drop the full version of "Crook Show"??

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2004, 09:27:07 AM »
^ answer this question.. who would have 'dropped it' for crooked i ?  his webmaster right. problem solved. ;)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 10:03:41 AM »
When Crooked I's site went up I didnt have any new music from him, so I used a couple of the best songs from his Death Row album. He obviously verified it. It would have pretty shitty with no music at the opening.

Crook Show? that was a track from 98/99 like Bang On Em. Back when daz was still working with him. I'll have a look tonight.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 10:16:16 AM »
When Crooked I's site went up I didnt have any new music from him, so I used a couple of the best songs from his Death Row album. He obviously verified it. It would have pretty shitty with no music at the opening.

Crook Show? that was a track from 98/99 like Bang On Em. Back when daz was still working with him. I'll have a look tonight.
Ahh, I didn't know you were connected with westcoastdynasty.com, that's real dope, yeah that Crook Show is supposed to have Daz and Kurupt on it too, but only a snippet has leaked so far.