Author Topic: when you think of overrated mc's...  (Read 634 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
when you think of overrated mc's...
« on: August 08, 2004, 10:41:41 AM »
who are the first ones to come to mind?
jadakiss-sorry, you will never be top 5 at any point in your career, much less "top 5 dead or alive off of 1 lp" its sad when it takes someone 9 years to put out their best song, and even then the rest of the album is still mediocore. you will be remembered for the rest of your career as the "go-to-16-guy"
lil wayne-wow, what can i say about this cat? used to have his own style, now hes a certified jay-z biter, and just put out the best album of his career, but its still nowhere near the best album released this year, or the classics cash money put out in their prime. waters down his lyrics for every album release, only to show his true skills on mixtapes(a la fabolous), which more than 3/4 of the world doesn't even doesn't even get to hear.

when you two put out one above average album, then maybe we can talk. 8)
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Throwback

Re: when you think of overrated mc's...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 10:50:10 AM »
2pac. slightly overrated. don't get me wrong,he was a great rapper, but not as flawless as most people claim he is.

saigon. everybody was sayin that he was the next big thing. but i think he sucks. he is a bit of an attention whore IMO

teecee

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 11:46:24 AM »
I dont know if anyone thinks pac was flawless, and to be honest he isnt your typical lyrical mc like nas or even jay-z or biggie, e had his own style and brought so much to the game, if anything nowadays he is underrated because all these 2pac internet groupies big him up so much as like god or something that some people just get sick of him.  It doesnt help that all the music of his that has came out since he passed is recycled and only average....

as for overrated, id go with jadakiss (love his voice but dude cant make an album)

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 01:03:32 PM »
because all these 2pac internet groupies big him up so much as like god or something that some people just get sick of him.

thats what i ment.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
lloyd banks.. he has some good punchlines but i can't bump his album.

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2004, 01:12:12 PM »
2PAC.

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 01:29:51 PM »
Jay Z, half his shit is whack in my opinion.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

davida.b.

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 01:57:08 PM »
First one that come to mind is Fabolous. He's good, but overrated.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 02:13:55 PM »
jay z, game, kanye
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 08:13:30 PM »
2pac is overated but hes still the best rapper of all time...

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 08:24:35 PM »
jay z

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 09:18:04 PM »
I hate to say it but Snoop Dogg.

He has been getting way repetitive of late
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »
Jay-Z - got a few nice tracks on every album, but he's hella over-rated

Lloyd Banks - great punch lines, but he dont talk about shiet

The Notorious BIG - if he was alive I doubt if everyone would be callin him the 2nd greatest rapper of all tme

Jadakiss - great flow, nice with the lyrics, but he cant put out a good album

Young Buck - if he wasnt with G-Unit no one would care about him or his songs/albums

Kanye West - there was only about 5 tracks I was feelin on his album. and its sad when ur your own biggest fan
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"