Author Topic: Does the book of Revelations say something about the '04 US elections?  (Read 582 times)

Sikotic™

I may be a little misinformed or inaccurate which is why I am asking for some experienced cats to speak their mind in this thread. I just wanna bring something to the table thats a little more spiritual and not so political.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the book of Revelations in the Bible speaks about the last days and how Christians will become hated for their beliefs during the tribulation. I was thinking about these past elections and how amazing it was that Christian people came together, unexpectantly made their voices heard, and actually stole the spotlight from the so called "youth voter" turnout. Christians made an impact and even though I disagreed with their vote, I am glad they did because I do associate myself with the Christian faith (I have been doing a lot of soul searching myself when it comes to organized religion lately, but Jesus Christ is my Savior and I follow the Word).

Now that the elections are done and over, I fear the aftermath of the elections may bring a lot of negativity. I've seen a lot of things in the news, on television (the recent Bill Maher show), and in other political commentaries outright bashing Christians, not just for the side they chose during the election, but for their fundamentall beliefs.

I know there are a lot of factors when it comes to the tribulation taking effect, but do any of you think this could be a possible build up for what Revelations speaks of about a resistance against Christians?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Does the book of Revelations say something about the '04 US elections?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 11:09:04 AM »
What exactly were Christians voting for when they turned out to vote for Bush? I don't understand how what they voted for is considered Christian. If the book of Revelations says that Christians will completely rework the beliefs of Jesus to suit them better and will be hated on because they have abandoned the essence of the faith, then yes the Book of Revelation may have predicted what's going on? Kerry is way more christian than Bush, he isn't Jesus but he's more than Bush. Christianity is about acceptance and free will. Helping to spread the good word, not enforcing it upon those that don't want it.

(This post in now way was meant to be insulting towards you)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 10:32:59 PM »
What exactly were Christians voting for when they turned out to vote for Bush?

The majority of those who voted for Bush for Christian reasons was almost soley based upon Bush's stand on Gay marriage.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:03:32 AM »
What exactly were Christians voting for when they turned out to vote for Bush?

The majority of those who voted for Bush for Christian reasons was almost soley based upon Bush's stand on Gay marriage.

It was a rhetorical question. Jesus would never ask us to stand in the way of anything that isn't hurting anyone. The gay shit never sat too well with me, but if they want to get married it's none of my business. Jesus never actually said homosexuality was evil. So how is it Christian to vote against it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 12:01:08 AM »
Jesus never mentioned homosexual marriage, but it's in the Bible. I think it was John who was against homosexuals. Now if the gays get married in the church, I have issues with that. But, if the gays get married by law, I really don't care. How you ask? Well simple, when my parents got married, the priest straight up told them, unless you get married by the church, the church does not see you guys as married. Straight up, it never happened. Now in Revolutions, I'm not sure it's been about 5 years since I read it (1999, Y2K and all of that... lol) but I think it says something about homosexuals getting married in the church as a sign of the end of days. Who knows. I know this though. The world will end when no one expects it. The day we think, oh, I guess the end is no where near to close, then we will be seeing everything unfold.

Doggystylin

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 10:04:34 AM »
how in the hell does bush represent christianity? i dont understand why people think bush is so religious and christian.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 11:09:32 AM »
how in the hell does bush represent christianity? i dont understand why people think bush is so religious and christian.

LOL cuz he talks to God... and God told him to attack Muslims, and people like Trauma buy that kinda shit..

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 12:41:09 PM »
You guys are getting things mixed up. Their not voting for bush because he's a christian.
They are voting for bush because of the things he stands for.

Christians do not believe in homosexuality. And yes the bible does talk about homosexuality, and how it is wrong.
Christians do not believe in Abortion, because its killing children. They believe that babies start at conception.

So its not really that he is a christian. Christians would still vote for bush if he wasnt a christian, but because of the morals he stands by.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
Christians do not believe in Abortion, because its killing children. They believe that babies start at conception.

The same people that support war, huh?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 03:18:34 PM »

When did i say that christians support war?

acbaylove

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 04:38:16 PM »
You guys are getting things mixed up. Their not voting for bush because he's a christian.
They are voting for bush because of the things he stands for.

Christians do not believe in homosexuality. And yes the bible does talk about homosexuality, and how it is wrong.

So its not really that he is a christian. Christians would still vote for bush if he wasnt a christian, but because of the morals he stands by.
100% correct. ;)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 10:27:28 PM »

You didn't, I did. All those bible thumpin' retards are pro-life, yet pro-war.

acbaylove

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 02:26:19 AM »

You didn't, I did. All those bible thumpin' retards are pro-life, yet pro-war.

Man you know the Pope is against the war.
When you wanna talk about Christianity, talk about him.
Not about normal people.
In the same way, i'll not call them bastards to behead women "muslims".
And i'll not say you support that.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 02:40:12 AM »
Those particular Muslims who beheaded that woman are bastards. I'd agree. 

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 02:58:07 AM »

Christians do not believe in Abortion, because its killing children.

A foetus is NOT a baby yet. And even though it is already living it doesn't realize it has pain or something with the abortion. It's much worse if it gets raised by parents (or people) that can't take care of him (the baby/kid).