Author Topic: An Analogy  (Read 564 times)

Trauma-san

An Analogy
« on: December 14, 2004, 06:34:04 PM »
Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 07:05:34 AM by Trauma »

rafsta

Re: An Analogy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:37:51 PM »
kids need to learn through metaphors and such... i dont think ure gonna get ure point across with ure example, i dont know if im graspin exactly what you talkin about  :-\ in a way the story told is true, and there is no reason i can see why the literature would be removed  (sorry but ure example is throwing me)....

Acgrundy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 06:38:30 PM »
no

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 06:40:02 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, you are getting at the censorship of religious texts, and I think you are making a great point. I know it all to well, as in my country (Canada) religious freedoms are secretly being taken away. In some provinces, religious groups are being punished for not performing gay marriages, and there's talk of a bill that will censor all religious texts which mention homosexuals.

Fucking leftists.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:21:13 PM »
Most atheists don't dislike religion.  In fact I am happy the teachings of Jesus exist.  I tend to follow a lot of them.  What aethists, and specifically myself, dislike is the manifestations of relgion that people develop to suit their own worldview.  In this regard, its not the teachings of Jesus or Mohammed that are responsible for terrorism, or christian bigotry, but it is the individuals who abuse scripture for their own pscyhological gain and mangle the true meaning of Jesus's teachings. 

Would Jesus condone the Iraqi war?  I think not. But your twisted interpretation of christianity condones the killing of perhaps 100,000 innocent civilians for a reason you can no longer explain.  Jesus would not have condoned a war that was based on false premises, and resulted in the violent death of tens of thousands of innocents, and the destruction of hundreds of thousands of lives. 

I admire the teachings of people like Jesus and Ghandi, and at the same time despise the abuse of their teachings.  Abuse of Christianity led us into the crusades.  Religion empowered Hitler.  And now has done the same for GWB. 

You want to know why there is growing criticism of the religious.  Look at yourself for the answer.  Your a living contradiction as are many modern day christians and muslims. 

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 04:24:40 AM »
Most atheists don't dislike religion.  In fact I am happy the teachings of Jesus exist.  I tend to follow a lot of them.  What aethists, and specifically myself, dislike is the manifestations of relgion that people develop to suit their own worldview.  In this regard, its not the teachings of Jesus or Mohammed that are responsible for terrorism, or christian bigotry, but it is the individuals who abuse scripture for their own pscyhological gain and mangle the true meaning of Jesus's teachings. 

Would Jesus condone the Iraqi war?  I think not. But your twisted interpretation of christianity condones the killing of perhaps 100,000 innocent civilians for a reason you can no longer explain.  Jesus would not have condoned a war that was based on false premises, and resulted in the violent death of tens of thousands of innocents, and the destruction of hundreds of thousands of lives. 

I admire the teachings of people like Jesus and Ghandi, and at the same time despise the abuse of their teachings.  Abuse of Christianity led us into the crusades.  Religion empowered Hitler.  And now has done the same for GWB. 

You want to know why there is growing criticism of the religious.  Look at yourself for the answer.  Your a living contradiction as are many modern day christians and muslims. 

we're in no position to say whether jesus would have condoned or condemned the war on iraq... remember Jesus christ wasn't sent to earth to bring peace, but to arm us with a sword, against our family, friends, strangers or anyone not doing good...

im against the iraq war due to all the killing, but in the old testament moses did threaten to kill all the egyptians children if they did not free the slaves, turn to god and give up the phony egyptian gods...

im completely confused about the war and dont know what to think, but deep down inside i think it could be a good thing.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 06:47:43 AM »
Knowing that Georgia or so is going to abolish evolution from schools, I dont know what your problem is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 06:55:04 AM »
I was thinking you were aiming at religion with your post. I think religion shouldn't be taught at school, but school should educate about different religions without saying this is good and this is bad.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 07:05:10 AM »
^ You simply don't understand my views. 

And there is the problem with the evangelical movement.  It's their views that matter, not the views or teachings of Jesus.  Again, the reason people are growing critical of the evangelical movement is that you, and others like you, invoke Jesus's name to give your own perverted ideas more meaning and value.  You abuse religion by pretending your ideas have moral authority in much the same way UBL and militant muslims abuse their religion.

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 07:09:17 AM »
But if travelling back into time is possible, why haven't we seen someone from the future yet? This would be a good reason to believe we can't travel back into time.

rafsta

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 07:18:48 AM »
But if travelling back into time is possible, why haven't we seen someone from the future yet? This would be a good reason to believe we can't travel back into time.

lol u just went forward into time and posted the wrong topic dumass  ;D

we wont ever see someone from the future bcoz they wouldnt want to destroy their universe and end up marrooned in some fucked universe... capiche ?

how would u explain prehistoric footprints ?

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 07:20:08 AM »

lol u just went forward into time and posted the wrong topic dumass  ;D

my bad ;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 09:38:25 PM »
I didnt even read this post because in the 3-4 years I have been here Trauma has never made a proper analogy that worked. I still dont think he knows what the word means. Probably thinks its the study of ass.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 04:50:09 PM »

mauzip

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 05:39:29 PM »
who deleted posts in here?