Author Topic: Compton or Brooklyn?  (Read 762 times)

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
Compton or Brooklyn?
« on: February 13, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »
Which has had the bigger impact on hiphop? Brooklyn invented, but Compton pretty much took it to the next level in terms of popularity.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Compton or Brooklyn?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 03:31:37 PM »
Compton

but if it was 'Compton or Bronx' it would be the Bronx.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 03:35:20 PM »
Shit, that's easy nigga...CPT!  w/o NWA/DRE, shit this rap shit would be a little stale right now plus, them niggaz got the biggest umbrella under them with bringing out people and more money is made under it..

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »
compton.

everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

and hip hop started in the west, not in the bronx and sure as hell not in brooklyn.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 03:37:38 PM »
I agree w/ the CPT thing but how in the hell you're going to say Redman & Hurricane G?  Nigga, when the last time we even heard from these niggaz?  What dope is your ass on?

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 03:38:47 PM »
redman and hurricane g have been running shit in the nyc since '94.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »
compton.

everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

and hip hop started in the west, not in the bronx and sure as hell not in brooklyn.

Hip-Hop started in the west..um no. It was New York, mainly Bronx.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 03:40:47 PM »

:o

How on earth did you come up with that?

Brooklyn > Compton

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 03:47:33 PM »
LMAO, I didn't even notice the other part of that guy's post.
nibs is officially a gimmick.  It's impossible to actually think what he posted is true.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 03:52:28 PM »

Brooklyn > Compton
Your ass must be on serious crack..  As for as being better in rapping, I agree but, breaking down barriers, going platinum all the time and better music production..  CPT got that shit on LOCK!!  Nobody in Brooklyn or New York makes better hip hop music than Dre or Quik..  That's why all the NY artist be all over Dre's dick and wanting a beat...  CPT> BK

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 03:59:30 PM »
Your ass must be on serious crack..  As for as being better in rapping, I agree but, breaking down barriers, going platinum all the time and better music production..  CPT got that shit on LOCK!!

I agree with Dr. Dre and N.W.A being more influential than anyone from Brooklyn.  But that's about it for Compton.  Name three MCs from Compton on the same level as Kane, Big and Jay. 
Da Beatminerz, RZA and DJ Premier have set standards productionwise. 
Going platinum?  Look at Jay and Big.

Nobody in Brooklyn or New York makes better hip hop music than Dre or Quik..  That's why all the NY artist be all over Dre's dick and wanting a beat...  CPT> BK

::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 04:05:26 PM by C2Knuckles »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 04:04:49 PM »
everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

Brooklyn > Compton
Your ass must be on serious crack..  As for as being better in rapping, I agree but, breaking down barriers, going platinum all the time and better music production..  CPT got that shit on LOCK!!  Nobody in Brooklyn or New York makes better hip hop music than Dre or Quik..  That's why all the NY artist be all over Dre's dick and wanting a beat...  CPT> BK

Exactly...from a musical standpoint, Compton got that on lock.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 04:05:45 PM »
Your ass must be on serious crack..  As for as being better in rapping, I agree but, breaking down barriers, going platinum all the time and better music production..  CPT got that shit on LOCK!!

I agree with Dr. Dre and N.W.A being more influential than anyone from Brooklyn.  But that's about it for Compton.  Name three MCs from Compton on the same level as Kane, Big and Jay. 
Da Beatminerz and DJ Premier have set standards productionwise. 
Going platinum?  Look at Jay and Big.

Nobody in Brooklyn or New York makes better hip hop music than Dre or Quik..  That's why all the NY artist be all over Dre's dick and wanting a beat...  CPT> BK
I gave you your props as for as rapping is concern but, that's about it for Brooklyn..
I'm sorry homie but I haven't seen too many people breaking down the door to get production from the Beatminerz or Premier..
Yeah, they went Platinum but we did that shit first and we sold more albums over here than NY..  
50 did good last year for NY but, do you really want to claim that..being from NY??  Remember, he's up under that DR Dre umbrella..  I seriously doubt that he would sale that much on his own under NY production..  Dre made that nigga a super star like he does w/ almost everybody he brings out.

::)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 04:16:05 PM »
I'm sorry homie but I haven't seen too many people breaking down the door to get production from the Beatminerz or Premier..

Ever heard of Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G, Big Daddy Kane, Common, Snoop Dogg, Ras Kass, Xzibit...

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 04:20:11 PM »

Ever heard of Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G, Big Daddy Kane, Common, Snoop Dogg, Ras Kass, Xzibit...
of course, but I don't think any one of them would pick ole dude over Dre or Quik..  As a matter of fact, I KNOW THEY WOULDN'T...