Author Topic: John Wayne is no hero, Flava Flav was right  (Read 1792 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: John Wayne is no hero, Flava Flav was right
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2005, 01:42:51 PM »
Muslim savagery in Spain anyone?  Nope? Cant respond to me?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2005, 02:17:43 PM »
Muslim savagery in Spain anyone?  Nope? Cant respond to me?
Institutionalized discrimination isn’t savage enough for you?

Do me a favor and purchase The Dhimmi: Jews & Christians Under Islam by Bat Ye'or. She uses primary sources from Islamic Spain to paint a realistic picture of what really happened during the Muslim conquest.

Do some research on Granada and the assassination of Samuel Ibn Naghrela, and his son Joseph from 1056 to 1066. Also look at the 3000+ Jews that were killed after the assassination.

There's many other instances of "muslim savagery" but I'm not gonna waste anymore time typing stuff that you're gonna ignore.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2005, 02:22:32 PM »
fuck going to war at 34, esp if u got a wife & kids,... btw who is clark gable

Woodrow

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 08:28:23 PM »
Upping for the bus boy.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2005, 09:30:29 AM »
Many Muslims look back at Muslim Spain with pride. But Jews also call it their "golden era". Spain became part of the Islamic world at the beginning of the eighth century. Under Muslims Spain became the center of civilization. Although many local Spaniards embraced Islam, Christians and Jews were free in all aspects of their lives. The Muslims respected their religion and institutions. The result was the birth of the first true cosmopolitan culture in the West. Christians studied alongside Muslim scholars to such a degree that in 854, a Christian named Alvaro of Cordoba complained that these students were forgetting their own religion and culture. Muslims and Christians of Spain did not live in their ghettos, isolated and not cooperating in various aspects of daily life together. It was in Spain that Aristotle's works on physics and natural history were translated into Arabic from Greek in Muslim Spain. Historians generally acknowledge that the Muslim world proved to be a major conduit of ancient scholarship into the West, especially through Muslim Spain. It wasn't just Muslims and Christians who thrived in Spain, though. Jews, who were reviled and hated elsewhere, were not only living safely and peacefully alongside non-Jews in Muslim Spain, they were learning and contributing to its culture and knowledge which Muslim scholars had established. But this success in wealth, knowledge and co-existence came to end in a violent and very sad way. As Christian Crusaders of Spain expelled Muslims, civilization that took centuries to build was destroyed. Muslims and Jews were either expelled or forced to convert to Christianity. Millions died as tolerance was replaced by the Spanish Inquisition. A suspected Muslim was to be killed for the smallest act resembling Islamic tradition - such as taking a bath on Friday.

Furthermore faggot, not understanding the context of the discussion hinders meaningful discourse. Especially, when the term Islamic colonialism becomes systematically attached to any form of foreign Muslim authority. Was Spain the home of religious tensions? Of course, it was. Was it the Islamic faith that propogated these tensions?
No, youd have to dwell deeper into the politics of the time. Tell me, Englewood, are you referring to:

The Dependent Emirate (711-756)
The Independent Emirate (756-929)
The Caliphate (929-1031)
The Almoravid Era (1031-1130)
Decline (1130-1492)

^ Everyone of these periods was marked by shifts in authority. From Maliki Muslims based in N. Africa, to localized Muslims resisting Arab domination. But of course, to hicks worldwide, a Moooslim is a Mooooslim.

Let me know the next time you want the bus boy to take you to school again. Overseer, Englewood just took a bullet for u.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2005, 09:42:30 AM »
Many Muslims look back at Muslim Spain with pride. But Jews also call it their "golden era". Spain became part of the Islamic world at the beginning of the eighth century. Under Muslims Spain became the center of civilization. Although many local Spaniards embraced Islam, Christians and Jews were free in all aspects of their lives. The Muslims respected their religion and institutions. The result was the birth of the first true cosmopolitan culture in the West. Christians studied alongside Muslim scholars to such a degree that in 854, a Christian named Alvaro of Cordoba complained that these students were forgetting their own religion and culture. Muslims and Christians of Spain did not live in their ghettos, isolated and not cooperating in various aspects of daily life together. It was in Spain that Aristotle's works on physics and natural history were translated into Arabic from Greek in Muslim Spain. Historians generally acknowledge that the Muslim world proved to be a major conduit of ancient scholarship into the West, especially through Muslim Spain. It wasn't just Muslims and Christians who thrived in Spain, though. Jews, who were reviled and hated elsewhere, were not only living safely and peacefully alongside non-Jews in Muslim Spain, they were learning and contributing to its culture and knowledge which Muslim scholars had established. But this success in wealth, knowledge and co-existence came to end in a violent and very sad way. As Christian Crusaders of Spain expelled Muslims, civilization that took centuries to build was destroyed. Muslims and Jews were either expelled or forced to convert to Christianity. Millions died as tolerance was replaced by the Spanish Inquisition. A suspected Muslim was to be killed for the smallest act resembling Islamic tradition - such as taking a bath on Friday.

Furthermore faggot, not understanding the context of the discussion hinders meaningful discourse. Especially, when the term Islamic colonialism becomes systematically attached to any form of foreign Muslim authority. Was Spain the home of religious tensions? Of course, it was. Was it the Islamic faith that propogated these tensions?
No, youd have to dwell deeper into the politics of the time. Tell me, Englewood, are you referring to:

The Dependent Emirate (711-756)
The Independent Emirate (756-929)
The Caliphate (929-1031)
The Almoravid Era (1031-1130)
Decline (1130-1492)

^ Everyone of these periods was marked by shifts in authority. From Maliki Muslims based in N. Africa, to localized Muslims resisting Arab domination. But of course, to hicks worldwide, a Moooslim is a Mooooslim.

Let me know the next time you want the bus boy to take you to school again. Overseer, Englewood just took a bullet for u.

Congrats. You copy/pasted shit from http://www.themodernreligion.com/comparative/cm-relations.html and http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/spain/index.shtml

What’s the matter? Don't have the time to write things on your own? It's shameful that you would try and pass writings off as your own when a simple Google search proves you lifted writings from various websites.

You posted a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with your request, but I fail to see how you refuted my points? You asked me to show you instances of Muslim savagery in Spain. I did. You came back with copy/pasted shit. I'm the ignorant one? No wonder you’re a short order cook. You can’t formulate a decent argument without having somebody else do the thinking/writing for you.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 04:53:17 PM »
You dumb fuck. Why do you insist after all these years, that you deserve 5 seconds of my fuckin time. You deserve a copy and paste response to your copy and paste questions motherfucker. You dont deserve a conversation with me no more. You deserve a quick 10 second trip to yahoo.com.

You bring up one assasination and a revolt and the good ole reliable dhimmi reference to say that centuries old Muslim control of Spain was on par with the savagery of you Europeans.

That doesnt mean all European colonialism was savage, or all Muslim ones werent. That would be ignorant of me. Or Englewoodish.

But it is a fact that Muslim imperialism cannot in any way shape or form be compared to with European imperialism. This is the assumption Overseer was making, this is the assumption Im attacking, this is the assumption that dumb anonymous poster completely missed, and it is this assumption that you are misinterpreting.

In your post, you quoted one fuckin book, and 2 incidents spanning 10 years. And this is going to tell me that Centuries old Islamic domination was savage.

I would much rather have stared at the wall for the last 45 seconds, then give it to you Englewood. You are biggest recipient of online lecturing, leading all posters per capita. But still you dont know your role.

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2005, 01:12:06 AM »
I think DJ Quik said it best...

I'll prove I'm proper and your game is wack with one line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine.

You're a fake. A phony. If you can't be real on something that’s a simple as a message board, what does that say about you as an individual?

Your card has been pulled Abdul R Karim.

Keep posting, it's funny for people. From here on out, it's clear that your posts hold absolutely zero weight.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2005, 11:30:10 AM »

At the time of Pearl Harbor, Wayne was 34 years old. His marriage was on the rocks but he still had four kids to support. His career was taking off, in large part on the strength of his work in the classic western Stagecoach (1939). But he wasn't rich. Should he chuck it all and enlist? Many of Hollywood's big names, such as Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, and Clark Gable, did just that. (Fonda, Wills points out, was 37 at the time and had a wife and three kids.) But these were established stars. Wayne knew that if he took a few years off for military service, there was a good chance that by the time he got back he'd be over the hill.

People who knew Wayne say he felt bad about not having served. (During the war he'd gotten into a few fights with servicemen who wondered why he wasn't in uniform.) Some think his guilty conscience was one reason he became such a superpatriot later. The fact remains that the man who came to symbolize American patriotism and pride had a chance to do more than just act the part, and he let it pass.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_004.html

that was my only point...

...he should have gone and didnt, im not saying whether war is good/evil but what i ma saying is most people at that time didnt get the chance to "defer enlistment" or not to go...whether they were 18 or john waynes age...irrespective of any loved ones/family that they may have had...

...im saying because he had that little fame (and i dont mean monetary power but movie/studio power) he was able to avoid going...

...whereas many were not....

...and he chose not to
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 11:33:11 AM by OpTiCaL »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 04:23:45 PM »
another funny thing about infinite is he never has an original idea himself... he always reads or hears something....then reports straight to dubcc to preach "his" new opinion

exactly

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2005, 08:53:44 PM »
I think DJ Quik said it best...

I'll prove I'm proper and your game is wack with one line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine.

You're a fake. A phony. If you can't be real on something that’s a simple as a message board, what does that say about you as an individual?

Your card has been pulled Abdul R Karim.

Keep posting, it's funny for people. From here on out, it's clear that your posts hold absolutely zero weight.

You little pathetic shit; You fukkin Chino X-L dissin Pac ass motherfucker. You dont have no weight to comment on the weight that I have.
Your ignorant exposed ass cannot pull my card. My card will not be pulled by a faggot such as yourself. The nerve of you to even think that.

Copy and Paste questions based on a copy and paste knowledge will get a copy and paste response. It took 5 seconds on yahoo to dispose of your post.

2 assasinations plus one revolt speaks for 800 years of Muslim presence in Spain? Laughable.

By the way, when did you start quoting rappers in ya posts?

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2005, 09:06:08 PM »
Questions:

If a rapper gets caught biting does he get respect? No.
If a professor catches a student plagiarizing, what happens? The student fails.
If a writer tries to pass off others writings as his own, is that writer considered intelligent? No.
Keep trying to play it off like you have some sort of weight, but the truth is: you don't.

You tried to pass something off as your own that clearly wasn't.

You're a fake, a fraud, a phony.

I really don't see how you can argue that.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2005, 09:12:57 PM »
Questions:

If a rapper gets caught biting does he get respect? No.
If a professor catches a student plagiarizing, what happens? The student fails.
If a writer tries to pass off others writings as his own, is that writer considered intelligent? No.
Keep trying to play it off like you have some sort of weight, but the truth is: you don't.

You tried to pass something off as your own that clearly wasn't.

You're a fake, a fraud, a phony.

I really don't see how you can argue that.

You dumb monkey. When you read that paragraph did you really think I was writing that? Its in all formal speak, and then Tech follows up with a 2 sentence commentary with swear words and slang. Youre fuckin desparate, this is what you have succumbed to. Its disgusting.

And youre faggot ass will naturally exploit this till your heart collapses because in 3 YEARS this is all u can come up with. This is your dent in my shining armour!?!? You are gonna tell me I have no weight? When youre the one saying that one assasinaton and ONE revolt speaks for 800 YEARS OF MUSLIM OCCUPATION OF SPAIN?

Youre gonna forget the fact that naturally, when it comes to knowledge, you are outclassed. Youre gonna conviniently forget that you were speakin out ya ass, and you got slapped. So go ahead, its not surprising or new. Ignore my post, and jump on this issue, and ride it to death. Im still gonna be in ya next post exposing you wit knowledge, not bitch tactics, but with knowledge.

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2005, 09:13:01 PM »
This just in from Tech:

Quote from: O.G. Techniec
The little e-respect Tech had for you is gone, seeing your despicable attempts to assasinate my character. You really think Tech didnt know that shit that was in that summary? You really think I "cant formulate my own opinions?" You really think you got me on this? Seriously man, you wanna prove a point on me, do it properly, dont resort to bitch tactics. You really expect me to believe you know 5% of Islamic Spain? You really think Im that dumb that I dont know that you just recently read some random paper attackin the "'myths" of Islamic spain and you wanna post that here to fit your agenda? You really believe you havent been my e-bitch for 3 years? This is Tech youre talkin to .

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2005, 09:19:38 PM »
This just in from Tech:

Quote from: O.G. Techniec
The little e-respect Tech had for you is gone, seeing your despicable attempts to assasinate my character. You really think Tech didnt know that shit that was in that summary? You really think I "cant formulate my own opinions?" You really think you got me on this? Seriously man, you wanna prove a point on me, do it properly, dont resort to bitch tactics. You really expect me to believe you know 5% of Islamic Spain? You really think Im that dumb that I dont know that you just recently read some random paper attackin the "'myths" of Islamic spain and you wanna post that here to fit your agenda? You really believe you havent been my e-bitch for 3 years? This is Tech youre talkin to .

Lol. You fell for it. Your moneky ass fell for it. I knew that this is all a pathetic desperate attempt to discredit me, and I sent u a pm to tell u that Tech did not approve of your bitch tactics. And you posted the pm right away before the ink was even dry. Like the goof in the front of the class who told the teacher right away that Tech was hittin him with spit balls. Your agenda has been exposed. You stupid hick dumb motherfucker Tech just played your ass like tennis raquets. So go ahead Englewood, tell me whats so crazy about my pms contents and my defense in regular threads. Was I pleading with you? Confessing secretly? Seriously, and your point is?

- Lewis Carroll