Author Topic: Things get even worse for Bush... New Approval Ratings Out.  (Read 335 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Things get even worse for Bush... New Approval Ratings Out.
« on: March 23, 2005, 06:12:31 PM »
BUSH JOB APPROVALS

Overall
Now
43%
2/2005
49%

Economy
Now
36%
2/2005
38%

Iraq
Now
39%
2/2005
45%

And things aren't looking so good for the GOP either... apparently most of America saw past their Sciavo charade:

WHY DO YOU THINK CONGRESS GOT INVOLVED?

They care about Terri Schiavo
13%
Trying to advance political agenda
74%

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: Things get even worse for Bush... New Approval Ratings Out.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:14 PM »
it doesn't really matter.  he doesn't need a second term.  maybe the only thing hinging on his popularity will be social security privatization. 

lets see what those numbers look like after the iran bombing.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 07:02:13 PM »
ya'll were crazy for voting him back in
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

'EclipZe

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »
ya'll were crazy for voting him back in

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 10:43:31 PM »
It's impossible for things to get 'worse' for Bush.  He's the most powerful man in the world, and will be until 2008, upon which time he'll be forced to step down.  Nothing he does can extend the 2008 deadline, and nothing he doesn't do (short of impeachment) can shorten it.  I guess ultimately what I'm saying is: who gives a shit?  He's the president for 4 more years, it doesn't matter if his approval rating falls to 0. 

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 03:10:04 AM »
It's impossible for things to get 'worse' for Bush.  He's the most powerful man in the world, and will be until 2008, upon which time he'll be forced to step down.  Nothing he does can extend the 2008 deadline, and nothing he doesn't do (short of impeachment) can shorten it.  I guess ultimately what I'm saying is: who gives a shit?  He's the president for 4 more years, it doesn't matter if his approval rating falls to 0. 
he does have a point there. Anyone know where i can get FUCK BUSH pins? i want one for my backpack
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 03:20:04 AM »
^^^^ LMAO!  Props!  That picture of Bush as Che is great!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 05:25:07 AM »
You think Bush gives a shit about his ratings. No.

If it was Clinton who was having bad ratings he would do everything to try to change it. Bush wouldnt. Thats the problems with Libreals.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 07:12:48 AM »

Not that you'd understand the complexities of how politics actually work, but politicians need something called political capital to get their job done.  Bush is running out of it which is why he lost the SS security battle, and why the neo-con movement is becoming marginalized.  Low approval ratings will impact his ability to suceed with almost everyone of his upcoming iniatives. The president does not have the right to just do as he pleases, he needs approval from congress and the senate.

Low presidential approval ratings make it harder for congressman and senators to remain lackeys... these guys have to run again in 2 years and are jockeying for position to be the republican nominee in 2008.  They don't want to be seen as overly supporting a president that is disliked by the majority of the country.  Already politicians are feeling the heat due to their support of Bush.  The Congressional Job Approval Rating has fallen from an already low 44% to 34%.   Then there is the impact of Terry Schiavo and overwhelmingly the public is disappointed at the republican desire to have congress step in pretending to save terry:

Should Congress and the President be involved in the Schiavo matter?

Yes 13
No 82

Does Bush get to stay in Washington for four more years? Sure everyone knows this much already... but what will his legacy be and will his presidency help or hurt the conservative movement?  I think when you see approval ratings around 43% and 34% at the beginning of his term its fair to say his legacy is not likely to be flattering, and 4 years from now the republicans short glimpse of what it means to possess power will quickly fade away. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 07:14:52 AM by Ant »

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 10:58:58 AM »

Not that you'd understand the complexities of how politics actually work, but politicians need something called political capital to get their job done.  Bush is running out of it which is why he lost the SS security battle, and why the neo-con movement is becoming marginalized.  Low approval ratings will impact his ability to suceed with almost everyone of his upcoming iniatives. The president does not have the right to just do as he pleases, he needs approval from congress and the senate.

Low presidential approval ratings make it harder for congressman and senators to remain lackeys... these guys have to run again in 2 years and are jockeying for position to be the republican nominee in 2008.  They don't want to be seen as overly supporting a president that is disliked by the majority of the country.  Already politicians are feeling the heat due to their support of Bush.  The Congressional Job Approval Rating has fallen from an already low 44% to 34%.   Then there is the impact of Terry Schiavo and overwhelmingly the public is disappointed at the republican desire to have congress step in pretending to save terry:

Should Congress and the President be involved in the Schiavo matter?

Yes 13
No 82

Does Bush get to stay in Washington for four more years? Sure everyone knows this much already... but what will his legacy be and will his presidency help or hurt the conservative movement?  I think when you see approval ratings around 43% and 34% at the beginning of his term its fair to say his legacy is not likely to be flattering, and 4 years from now the republicans short glimpse of what it means to possess power will quickly fade away. 

so once again why should bush care? hoenestly, do you think bush spent his long hours of his days thinking up the SS reform? nah he was fucking golfing... one of the people close to him said "hey push this idea and i'll do this favor for you". all he's doing is ruining other people's careers... he's making 6 figures a year, he gets lifetime protection, pay, health insurance.... he's already a millionaire...so what if people like him

millions of people call Bill Gates a nerd...a bastard....windows sucks.... you think he gives a flying fuck? he could buy your city and turn it into a petting zoo

i think you greatly over estimate the power of polls...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 11:24:08 AM »
These "ideologues" are too focused on what other people say, its disgusting. Youre always referring to polls Ant, but these polls dont mean shit. It dont mean shit that only 36 % of motherfuckers approve Bush, cuz 52% of motherfuckers voted for him,

And nothing is worse for Bush. Nothing will get worse for Bush. Yall handed him a gun, hes gonna use that mofo.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 12:37:48 PM »
These "ideologues" are too focused on what other people say, its disgusting. Youre always referring to polls Ant, but these polls dont mean shit. It dont mean shit that only 36 % of motherfuckers approve Bush, cuz 52% of motherfuckers voted for him,

And nothing is worse for Bush. Nothing will get worse for Bush. Yall handed him a gun, hes gonna use that mofo.

like i said... the polls represent a loss of political capital and a significant problem for the republican party as a whole.  they have been rejoicing and talking about how they are the majority, and how the democrats will never regain power... that just doesn't seem to be the case, but i could be wrong.  yes, we're stuck with Bush til 2008, but I'd rather have Bush be president with 40% approval ratings, than see what he tries to do if by chance his approval ratings were 80%.

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 12:47:25 PM »
you act like these numbers are magical and that if his rating were 80% he could make slavery legal again... maybe at 84% he could invade canada

it's a fucking poll, if bush has a terrible idea he's fronting, it's not going to pass if his rating is 4% or 94%

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 06:10:56 PM »
you act like these numbers are magical and that if his rating were 80% he could make slavery legal again... maybe at 84% he could invade canada

it's a fucking poll, if bush has a terrible idea he's fronting, it's not going to pass if his rating is 4% or 94%

lol... is it possible for you to write something that doesn't make it so obvious that you barely passed high school?

Thirteen

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 09:05:31 PM »

lol... is it possible for you to write something that doesn't make it so obvious that you barely passed high school?

i could post like i was in a special ed class and cut and paste like you do