Author Topic: Eazy-E and Tarrie B  (Read 1805 times)

icebergslimIII

• 'G'
Eazy-E and Tarrie B
« on: April 16, 2005, 03:33:58 PM »
Ok...browsing this site brought up some old Eazy-E memories. ANyone remember back in the late 80s/early 90s there was this white female rapper, Tarrie B, that NWA was promoting? I just remember Eazy-E in the video tied up to a chair and Tarrie B dancing or something around him. Anyone remember this video/artist? I think Eazy's idea of a white female rapper was ahead of its time, but non the less very interesting. I don't think the interacial thing played well back then, but I kind of liked that song, but can't remember if anyone from NWA was on that single or her album. I think Tarie B is now a rock singer or something and I recall she looked pretty ragged in recent pics. I think a white female version of Eminem would be successful now or sell a lot of records. Was Eazy involved with Tarrie B in any way???

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eazy-E and Tarrie B
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 04:37:54 PM »
i got sum pictures from that video where Eazys in a suit rite?  i dont think any NWA rapper was on the cd except Eazy was on 2 songs just talking pretty much, he rapped a line or two in one of them

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 04:43:25 PM »
I think now she's the frontman of a nu-metal band. I forgot the name of it though.

Edit: nevermind, the name of her band is New Ruin. Here's some info:  http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,1042999,00.html

Chad Vader

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:03 AM »

Tairrie B interview in Hip Hop Connection September 1990 #20 (she got some words for Dre and Ren  :P)

Tarrie B interviews Eazy-E for Slammin Video Mag Vol.2 1990
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pTFasAsnWSA&amp;rel" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pTFasAsnWSA&amp;rel</a>
Download link;
http://www.mediafire.com/?0xmims4j13d

Tairrie B on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Code: [Select]
Birth name Teresa Beth
Born January 18, 1965 (age 43)
California
Genre(s) Alternative metal
Heavy metal
Hip-Hop
Nu metal
Associated acts Tura Satana
My Ruin
the LVRS (Spoken Word Side Project)

Tairrie B (born Teresa Beth on January 18, 1965[citation needed] in Anaheim, California) is an American singer.
She was originally a rapper, but later became an alternative metal singer.

In the start of her career, she was on Ruthless Records under the tutelage of Eazy-E from N.W.A.
After being released from her contract by Eazy-E literally a couple of weeks before he died,
she then formed Manhole (later renamed Tura Satana), My Ruin and the LVRS (Spoken Word Side Project).

In the late 1990s she was romantically involved with Fear Factory vocalist Burton C. Bell.

Discography

[edit]
Solo artist
Power of a Woman (1990) (Comptown/MCA)
Single White Female (2005) (Self Released Via www.myruin.com)

[edit]
Manhole
All Is Not Well (1996) (Noise Records)
The Early Years 1993-1996 (2005) (Self Released Via www.myruin.com)

[edit]
Tura Satana
All Is Not Well (reissue of 1996 original with bonus live tracks) (1998) (Noise Records)
Relief Through Release (1998) (Noise Records)

[edit]
My Ruin
Speak And Destroy (1999, UK release; 2000, US release) (Spitfire)
A Prayer Under Pressure Of Violent Anguish (2000, UK release; 2001 US release) (Spitfire)
To Britain With Love... And Bruises (2001 UK release; 2005 US release)(Live-Studio) (Snapper Classics UK)
The Shape Of Things To Come (2003) (EP) (Century Media)
The Horror Of Beauty (2003) (Century Media)
Ruined And Recalled (2003) (Recall)
Blasphemous Girl (2004) (Recall)
The Brutal Language (2005) (Rovena Recordings/Undergroove)
Throat Full Of Heart (2008) (Rovena Recordings/Cargo Records UK)
Alive On The Other Side (2008) (Rovena Recordings/Cargo Records UK}

[edit]
LVRS (Spoken Word Side Project)
The Murder Of Miss Hollywood (2003) (Self Released Via www.myruin.com)
The Secret Life Of Lola Burns (2004) (Self Released Via www.myruin.com)
Death Has Become Her (2006) (Undergroove uk)

Tarrie B Power of a Woman (1990) (Comptown/MCA) credits

Code: [Select]
Track Listing:
01 Intro (Feat. Quincy D III)
02 Swingin' Wit' T
03 Anything You Want (Feat. Eazy-E)
04 Vinnie Tha' Moocha' (Feat. Everlast)
05 Step 2 This
06 Murder She Wrote
07 Packin' A Punch (Feat. Quincy D III)
08 Let The Beat Rock
09 Player (Feat. Dr. Dre; Eazy-E; The D.O.C.)
10 Schooll's In (Feat. Schoolly D)
11 Ruthless Bitch

Related threads;
EAZY-E 's ownership of COMPTOWN Records?
+
The ultimate N.W.A family interview thread *magazine scans,reviews etc.*
+
Schooly D appreciation thread (Eazy-E and Tairee B track)
+
The ultimate beef thread; NWA,WSC,DPG,Tim Dog and more   *Diss Tracks inside* (Tairrie B diss track towards Dr.Dre)

Related links;
Tairrie B on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
+
Tairrie B on Artist Direct
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:53:10 AM by Chad Vader »

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:03:25 PM »
 It's hard for me to form much of an opinion of Tarrie B.  I remember the song she did with Eazy from her "Power of a Woman" lp.  But really, I think that's the only track from her that I bothered listening to.  I admit that it probably only interested me because Eazy was on the song, and I didn't give the rest of it a chance.  But that being, said, I didn't even find anything all that compelling about that track.  Some of Eazy's remarks during the song were pretty funny, but that's about the only thing I really found memorable about it.  On the other hand, that track sounds very dated to me.  And not in a good way.  Perhaps if I heard her rap over some more contemporary sounding production, I could better form an opinion.  I'm not saying this to tear the chick down or anything.  I actually think that it's pretty cool that she's still out there trying to make music. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:25:28 PM »
It's hard for me to form much of an opinion of Tarrie B.  I remember the song she did with Eazy from her "Power of a Woman" LP.  But really, I think that's the only track from her that I bothered listening to.  I admit that it probably only interested me because Eazy was on the song, and I didn't give the rest of it a chance.  But that being, said, I didn't even find anything all that compelling about that track.  Some of Eazy's remarks during the song were pretty funny, but that's about the only thing I really found memorable about it.  On the other hand, that track sounds very dated to me.  And not in a good way.  Perhaps if I heard her rap over some more contemporary sounding production, I could better form an opinion.  I'm not saying this to tear the chick down or anything.  I actually think that it's pretty cool that she's still out there trying to make music. 

Don't worry about me  ;) you don't have to explain anything. Not really a fan either,not when the album dropped or now.  ;) :laugh:
I just browsed trough some old magazines looking for some other shit,scanned the interview fast to see if there was any interesting that I could post.
I found the part about Dre having a big ego and that he's a racist interesting enough to bring up... nothing more,nothing less  :P ;) :laugh:

seriously, he's married to a white women  :P

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »
It's hard for me to form much of an opinion of Tarrie B.  I remember the song she did with Eazy from her "Power of a Woman" LP.  But really, I think that's the only track from her that I bothered listening to.  I admit that it probably only interested me because Eazy was on the song, and I didn't give the rest of it a chance.  But that being, said, I didn't even find anything all that compelling about that track.  Some of Eazy's remarks during the song were pretty funny, but that's about the only thing I really found memorable about it.  On the other hand, that track sounds very dated to me.  And not in a good way.  Perhaps if I heard her rap over some more contemporary sounding production, I could better form an opinion.  I'm not saying this to tear the chick down or anything.  I actually think that it's pretty cool that she's still out there trying to make music. 

Don't worry about me  ;) you don't have to explain anything. Not really a fan either,not when the album dropped or now.  ;) :laugh:
I just browsed trough some old magazines looking for some other shit,scanned the interview fast to see if there was any interesting that I could post.
I found the part about Dre having a big ego and that he's a racist interesting enough to bring up... nothing more,nothing less  :P ;) :laugh:

seriously, he's married to a white women  :P

she´s white?

check google  ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
light skinned then, happy now  :laugh:

JohnnyL

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »

I know what you mean, man.  You can find some interesting information in some of those old articles.  One thing I found interesting from the pics you posted of the liner notes is that QD3 was producing music way back then.  I didn't realise he'd been working in the industry that long.  He's done some pretty cool tracks for Pac and Tech N9ne.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:36:08 AM »
damn Chad, can you hook up that Dre and D.O.C. track?!Really interested to hear it

and props on the schoolly d produced track, never knew him and eazy collabbed
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
it would be an understatement if i said that Tarrie B is arrogant  :-X

besides, was she jealous of NWA?  ::)

i saw that she never had a brother or sister, so i guess that explains everything  :P

Chad Vader

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 10:54:24 AM »
it would be an understatement if i said that Tarrie B is arrogant  :-X

I don't know her history... but fuck if you're a white rapper and able to work with some of the top dogs at the time;
Eazy,Schooly,Rhyme Syndicate and so on.... damn. You hit the lottery  :laugh: :laugh:

Where did you get that from?

I saw that she never had a brother or sister, so i guess that explains everything  :P

What?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

Where did you get that from?

the comments about Dre, Ren etc. made me wonder if she was jealous  ;)
that doesn't mean it's actually true

I saw that she never had a brother or sister, so i guess that explains everything  :P

What?

in the article, she says that she's the only child  ;)
so maybe she was spoiled

Chad Vader

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 02:01:41 PM »
damn Chad, can you hook up that Dre and D.O.C. track?!
Really interested to hear it

Here's the track featuring Dr.Dre,The D.O.C and Eazy-E;

Player (Feat. Dr. Dre; Eazy-E; The D.O.C.) produced by Tairree B

and props on the Schoolly D produced track, never knew him and Eazy collabbed

Quite interesting that "the godfathers of gangster rap" of each Coast worked together.
What a classic collabo it would have been if Schooly rapped on it as well.....

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
It's hard for me to form much of an opinion of Tarrie B.  I remember the song she did with Eazy from her "Power of a Woman" LP.
But really, I think that's the only track from her that I bothered listening to.
I admit that it probably only interested me because Eazy was on the song, and I didn't give the rest of it a chance.
But that being, said, I didn't even find anything all that compelling about that track.
Some of Eazy's remarks during the song were pretty funny, but that's about the only thing I really found memorable about it.
On the other hand, that track sounds very dated to me.  And not in a good way.
Perhaps if I heard her rap over some more contemporary sounding production, I could better form an opinion.
I'm not saying this to tear the chick down or anything.  I actually think that it's pretty cool that she's still out there trying to make music. 

I know what you mean, man.  You can find some interesting information in some of those old articles.
One thing I found interesting from the pics you posted of the liner notes is that QD3 was producing music way back then.
I didn't realise he'd been working in the industry that long.  He's done some pretty cool tracks for Pac and Tech N9ne.

You crazy?  :P :laugh: ;) (joking)
He's the son of Quincy Jones  ;) QD3 has been around since the start fucking with T-La rock and all.... breakdancing (and good at it too).

Quincy Jones III From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QD3

While in his early teens, Jones discovered breakdancing. Jones is regarded as one of the pioneers of the Swedish hip hop scene.
He took the pseudonym Snoopy and together with Karl Dyall he had a hit with the rap song "Next Time" in 1986.
The song was taken from the soundtrack of the cult movie Stockholmsnatt in which Jones played the one of the lead characters.
By the age of 16, he had earned his first gold record.

At the age of seventeen, Jones decided to relocate to the United States.
There, he briefly attended his father's alma mater, the Berklee College of Music, where he met Roland Garrett.
However, as the school did not offer what Jones was looking for musically, he dropped out.
He moved to The Bronx, where he lived with his friend T La Rock.
Jones practiced and perfected his craft at Power Play Studios with future Hip hop legends like Rakim and KRS-One.

Let me take you back to late 85,early 86  ;) QD3/Quincy singing,rapping,dancing  ;) Disey and Ziggy did the graffiti backdrop.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CUJXiIm_riM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CUJXiIm_riM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Interesting stuff, man.  I knew that he was Quincy Jones's son.  But I had no idea that he'd been producing for so long, or that he had been into breakdancing.  I think I have even read
a couple interviews with QD3 before, but I think the interviewers focused mostly on either 2pac or TechN9ne.