Author Topic: Kokane is going to sign with G-Unit  (Read 1168 times)

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
Kokane is going to sign with G-Unit
« on: May 26, 2005, 05:09:54 PM »
 :o
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:14:57 PM by Lucien »

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
KOkane: am G-unit period... lol peep in
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 05:23:16 PM »
As rumors swirl about 50 Cent and G-Unit signing multiple veteran talents from across the country, one more vet has added his name to the new arsenal of artists slated to be added to the roster.

Rap and Funk veteran Kokane told AllHipHop.com that he is about to be the next artist signed to G-Unit Records.

"Spider Loc made it all possible," Kokane told AllHipHop.com. "I talked to 50 Cent, and he was like, 'Man, I been listenin' to you for a while, and looking for you for like a year.' Me and Snoop kinda went our separate ways," said Kokane.

Kokane, also often credited as Mr. Kane or Jerry Long, already has been recording with Tony Yayo and Young Buck.

"Tony Yayo put me down for four songs the first time I seen him," the veteran said of recording with the Queens rapper. "I did four songs, did the hooks in less than two hours. He was impressed by that. I thank him for the invitation."

The rapper's career stems from 1989 and his emergence into Hip-Hop, by way of family members in pioneering West coast group Above The Law.

Kokane would go on to provide many of the Funk inspired vocals on Dr. Dre hits like "Let Me Ride" and others.

In 1994, Kokane debuted with Eazy-E's executive-produced Funk Upon a Rhyme.

In more recent years, he's worked with Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, and Kurupt. Kokane reflected on this new success.

"I have influenced a lot of people in this game. Instead of being mad at it, I'm honored," Kokane reflected. "But now, I've stepped into the right position – that's messing with G-Unit. They don't have hidden agendas, they've got they paper. Being with Sha Money [XL] and them, they some real n***as. Ain't no sugar coatin' the game.”

Kokane said the ink hasn't dried on the deal yet, but that he was still officially with 50 Cent and company.

"Dealing with these [G-Unit] n***as so far, it's been good – it's a beautiful thing, Kokane said. "The paperwork ain't officially there, because we playing phone tag with attorneys, but I'm G-Unit. Period."

1 word woah

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

mauzip

Re: Kokane is going to sign with G-Unit
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 05:25:39 PM »
 :(

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 05:26:42 PM »
link?

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 05:27:29 PM »
allhiphop.com

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 05:39:22 PM »
man fuck that shit

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 05:46:33 PM »
have you noticed that when the roc fell apart guint got bigger?

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 05:51:18 PM »
As much as I don´t like to see that happen  I hope it benefits him financially... cause he deserves it... but imagine Kokane with G Unit... that´s not right... I couldn´t stand when he was with Snoop but this is some real nonsense...

Kokane:
"I have influenced a lot of people in this game. Instead of being mad at it, I'm honored," Kokane reflected. "But now, I've stepped into the right position – that's messing with G-Unit. They don't have hidden agendas, they've got they paper. Being with Sha Money [XL] and them, they some real n***as. Ain't no sugar coatin' the game.”

thats the link http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4438

Like I said... I don´t want to see him with G Unit... but if they´re bringing him into the spotlight and benefit him financially then it´s all good I guess ...

Legacy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 05:52:23 PM »
"Kokane would go on to provide many of the Funk inspired vocals on Dr. Dre hits like "Let Me Ride" and others."

That doesnt make any sense because dre was beefin wit ruthless.
New Jack City

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 05:57:44 PM »
Thats a weird move.  Kokane is a funky muthafucka, and G-Unit is known for gritty east coast shit and club bangers.  I don't see Kokane fitting on that shit.

#1Stunna

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: KOkane: am G-unit period... lol peep in
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 05:58:14 PM »
what fuckin bullshit...

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 06:01:51 PM »
"Kokane would go on to provide many of the Funk inspired vocals on Dr. Dre hits like "Let Me Ride" and others."

That doesnt make any sense because dre was beefin wit ruthless.
lol yea i was wondering the same

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 06:07:59 PM »
kokane did sing on let me ride rmx.

I doubt he will do anything on g unit, same with spider loc.  they don't fit the g unit crowd.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:17 PM »
They better let him do some hooks. maybe even on singles... if not they could sell his contract to Death Row immediately.... Kokane on G Unit... fuck....